What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: gulf coast?  (Read 4105 times)

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
gulf coast?
« on: July 23, 2005, 07:25:10 pm »
anyone have any comments on gulf coast spas. thier price is right but no local dealer service. im looikg at them and reflections

Hot Tub Forum

gulf coast?
« on: July 23, 2005, 07:25:10 pm »

J._McD

Re: gulf coast?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 07:47:04 pm »
Let me say something nice, they make Hot Water, but your statement tells the story, no local dealers services.  Do you think you are ok with that?  The price is at the low end of the spectrum making it an attractive consideration, but YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Do a search and take it back 36 months, read and become informed on what others have said and learned, good, bad or indifferent.  Then come back and ask questions. :)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 09:08:38 pm »
anyone have any comments on gulf coast spas. thier price is right but no local dealer service. im looikg at them and reflections

What makes you say that?
Brewman
Brewman

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 09:26:50 pm »
My wife and I looked at Gulf Coast and considered them before deciding on HotSpring.  You're right, the price was right but the distributer here would service them (northern VA).  They were one of the first spa we looked at but I had a tough time fitting in the seats with the shoulder jets.  So for the size of spas I was looking at, that would be 2 seats in each that I couldn't sit in.  We pretty much moved on and I didn't go back to re-evaluate after I learned more....    

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 08:30:00 am »
From what I've heard, Gulf coast spas are worth just about what they're charging for them.  Not the $13,000 that they claim as their suggested retail, but the $5000 that they actually sell for.  You'd be getting a $5000 spa, and not much more.
Brewman
Brewman

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 09:12:32 am »
I looked at them during my search.  Everything the dealer had was a "custom tub" left over from a home show.  I felt like I was being nickel and dimed to death because nothing had standard equipment.  He had a hard time telling me prices because of that.  I moved on and marked them off my list of possibilities.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 02:23:40 pm »
Their standard operating procedure seems to consist of having individuals sell their spas out of storage facilities and on the side of the road.  There is always a story about "overstock" or "leftover spas from a building contract", etc.

The local peddler in Texas goes by several different aliases.  If you ever answer an ad in the Thrifty Nickel newspaper and talk to a woman named Stacy Diego, Stacy Juarez, Stacy Smart, Stacy Whoever, DO NOT GIVE HER A DEPOSIT!  You will LOSE your money.  Several people who are now my customers found out the hard way that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

kered

• 2002 Down East Portsmouth
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 02:05:45 pm »
They were one of the first ones I looked at years ago when I started looking and they are tempting if you are just starting out. I'm in the Chicago suburbs and they were doing the selling out of a storage building thing. He said that they were opening a retail store though and he was going to be the manager, which sounded promising. Well, years later and that still has not happened. Personally, I'd go for someone more established, but that's me. Good luck whatever you do.

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 02:13:08 pm »
From what I've heard, Gulf coast spas are worth just about what they're charging for them.  Not the $13,000 that they claim as their suggested retail, but the $5000 that they actually sell for.  You'd be getting a $5000 spa, and not much more.
Brewman

Just curious, what's wrong with a $5000 spa?  That's still a lot of money if you ask me.  That's about what we spent.  I will give my review after I take my first soak which should be within the next day or two.....

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 02:16:59 pm »

Just curious, what's wrong with a $5000 spa?  That's still a lot of money if you ask me.  That's about what we spent.  I will give my review after I take my first soak which should be within the next day or two.....

What brand did you choose Rach?

Gary

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 03:15:47 pm »
HI Gary,

We chose a Four Winds Maverick I
The reason being it's manufacturer is right here in Tennessee where we live and the price point.  The Dealer also sold Sundance and Caldera as well as Nordic.  We could not afford the mac daddy so we had to go with a less expensive brand.  I will certainly give my honest review here soon. :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 05:59:52 pm »

Nothing, unless you're being promised that it's a $10,000 spa that you're getting for a steal at $5,000. The  concern I'd have is when something goes wrong I think you'll find yourself on your own without a local dealer to service your needs.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 10:21:40 pm »
Dammm  you people are getting ripped offffff,they are selling the Gulf Coast for $3995,,,,Allentown Pa. area..
Yep they sell them at warehouses with no water in them so you can't try it out......
Gulf Coast and the salespeople yukkkkk.JohnnyT

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 08:21:05 am »
The $5000 amount I listed originally was meant as a ballpark figure, not a price quote.  
Brewman
Brewman

Gulf_Coast_Spas

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 02:21:52 pm »
Thank you for your interest in Gulf Coast Spas. Allow us to respond to some of the points addressed in this thread:

As far as service, Gulf Coast contracts with professional service technicians in every area it sells. It pays twice the going rate to ensure its customers receive priority attention and offers the industry's only 24/7 technical support hotline.

As far as pricing, Gulf Coast has never claimed the suggested retail prices indicated here. And when comparing prices make sure you are talking about the same model spa.

Most importantly, Gulf Coast does not condone the activities alleged to have taken place in Texas. If this is true, and you are a customer please contact Gulf Coast Spas corporate headquarters in Clearwater Florida and we will do everything we can to rectify the situation.

Beware misinformation.

Sincerely,

Gulf Coast Spa Manufacturers, Inc.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 02:21:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42