What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: You got to love your kids ...  (Read 4143 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
You got to love your kids ...
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:48:58 pm »
My oldest hurt his ankle about a week and a half ago and I suggested to him on Monday that going in the tub might help with the swelling due to the heat and message.

We went in together on Monday night and actually turned out that the whole family soaked - it was great!

Last night he had a friend over that left around 9 PM and then my son "disappeared" - he was in the tub. Of course he was soaking his ankle, along with the rest of his body. When I opened the window and explained to him how he should tell people where he is due to safety and the tub sanitation, his response was 'I was going to tell you when I get out'.

It's amazing, the brain power of a 14 YO! He knows that "something" needs to be done after soaking - of course he won't remember what needs to be done and he knows enough to call dad (regardless what dad may have planned for himself) after his soak. But mention a blurb about soaking his ankle in the tub and it's his regiment. He would be the first to say how gross a cloudy tub is!!

As I said - You got to love your kids! :)

Hot Tub Forum

You got to love your kids ...
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:48:58 pm »

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: You got to love your kids ...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 08:07:25 pm »
Vinny:

Well . . . I can imagine what I have to look forward to with a 12 yo daughter going on 29.  she already knows so much more than my wife and I.  Can't wait to be educated by her on proper care of tub once it arrives  ::)

mark 2550

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:20:38 pm »
I hear you both, want to talk to my 7 yr old son he'll try to make you think you know nothing sometimes I just want to ---- him silly to make him understand, but kid's are kid's and I love mine to death makes you think what were we thinking at their age???

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 08:50:38 pm »
That's funny, while  I was reading this post, my teenage daughter came downstairs wearing a full "facial mask" (looked like green mud!) and yelled:

"WE GETTING IN THE TUB TONIGHT?"

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 09:45:53 pm »
We just came back from our neighbor's pool and my daughter got mad at me because I told her to get ready for bed. She was already to cliimb into the spa!

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 11:05:49 am »
You wouldn't beleive how many of my customers teenagers are in control of the weekly spa chemical routine. I try to train as many family members as I can assemble, and many times it's the teenagers that grasp it and just take care of the spa.

Of course,.. every fall I have to go and retrain some parents because their teenager went off to college.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 11:23:35 am »
You wouldn't beleive how many of my customers teenagers are in control of the weekly spa chemical routine. I try to train as many family members as I can assemble, and many times it's the teenagers that grasp it and just take care of the spa.

I  can easily belileve this.

After all, one of the many mantra's here is "Don't Over Think the Chemicals".

If that's true, then who better to handle it than teenagers?  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 12:39:19 pm »
If that's true, then who better to handle it than teenagers?    

Funny . . . and oh so true!

velocity23

• If it ain't broke...break it
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 01:11:45 pm »
My daughter's only 3 and knows how to do everything herself ;D. Maybe I can get her to take care of the new spa...she already thinks its hers.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 03:44:50 pm »

Of course,.. every fall I have to go and retrain some parents because their teenager went off to college.

Ohhh guess who is in charge of cleaning the filters, and making sure the chems are up to snuff and cleaning the cover on this end of the globe???? ME!!!!!!! Imagine that!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 06:13:18 pm »
One related note:

If the ankle is still swollen, you should not soak it in hot water. It should be iced. If you really need to get into a tub with an injury which is still swollen, ice it before and after the soak.

Once the swelling goes down, then enjoy the tub.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 06:54:54 pm »
One related note:

If the ankle is still swollen, you should not soak it in hot water. It should be iced. If you really need to get into a tub with an injury which is still swollen, ice it before and after the soak.

Once the swelling goes down, then enjoy the tub.

Thanks Chas!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 06:54:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42