What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Enterprise  (Read 38686 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Enterprise
« on: February 28, 2005, 11:18:41 am »
Well, I read that Enterprise fans are pooling their resources and actually trying to pay the studio to keep the program on the air.

I find that odd - I guess they don't uderstand how important the ratings are: if a show doesn't get good ratings, it can't charge enough for advertising. And if it can't charge enough for advertising, the studio will very simply replace it with a show that can and does. It's all about numbers, and those numbers have to be absolutely huge.

I enjoy the few episodes I have seen, but if the viewers aren't there, then the viewers aren't there.

Now - here's a better idea: come up with a story line that gets people upset. Sort of like what happens here when people say that TP is better than FF or something. Get some controversy going. Look at what happened when Ellen Degenerate 'came out,' etc.

Just a thought.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Enterprise
« on: February 28, 2005, 11:18:41 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Enterprise
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 11:50:51 am »
Nobody ever asked me if I watched so they are obviously off by at least one.   You baiting me?  Another way to look at it, what else does UPN have? Tell me about the cost of each episode.  With 800 channels, few programs are going to make a audience share.  Some networks should never try to be number one, they aren't going to get there.   Unless they start showing naked chearleaders shooting automatic weapons whatever they replace it will not do as well.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

steve771

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 12:14:21 pm »
Oh sure Chas, I can see it now... Archer:  Y'know T'Pal, FF is MUCH better than TP, even if "TP" are your initials!  Now warp factor 22!  Yeah, sure, THAT will bring 'em in in droves!  ;D ;)

Seriously, I really do enjoy the show, and I'm among the ones who aren't counted (makes you wonder who IS being counted sometimes, but that's another topic).  The show started off kinda slow, but picked up the pace.  I think the writing has gotten better as it has progressed and I don't buy that "we have run out of ideas" excuse.  This is sci-fi for goodness sakes... how can you run out of ideas?!?   Hope the show hangs on somewhere, 'cause it will be the first time we won't have a weekly Star Trek fix in awhile.   :(

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 12:46:29 pm »
Now - here's a better idea: come up with a story line that gets people upset. Sort of like what happens here when people say that TP is better than FF or something. Get some controversy going. Look at what happened when Ellen Degenerate 'came out,' etc.

Just a thought.

I say they have a episode where Enterprise goes into the future and meets up with Voyager. Archer starts to fall for teh lovely Seven and out of jealousy we have a catfight (preferably in a steel cage) between T'Pal and Seven for Archer!!  Now THAT will get the ratings going.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 12:46:42 pm »
Nobody ever asked me if I watched so they are obviously off by at least one.
Alright, here we go:

Bill, do you watch Enterprise?

I don't, but only because we don't have a TV. We will buy the various seasons as they are released on DVD - just as we have with TNG, Voyager and DS9.

I enjoy all of them, and I sure was not trying to bait you.

But if I was, did it work?

;)

autoplay

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 04:22:24 pm »
I would love to see an episode of Star Trek....with a hot-tub scene involved (preferably all females).  Would be interesting to see 200+ years in the future...what brand the greatest ship of the federation,uses :)

Also....someone could come back in time,and possibly slap some sense into Conjuna?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 04:39:20 pm »
Also....someone could come back in time,and possibly slap some sense into Conjuna?

Maybe they could do a parallel universe thing with him.
He'd be the largest most successful Hot Springs dealer in that universe.

Brewman
Brewman

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 05:03:56 pm »
He'd be the largest most successful Hot Springs dealer in that universe.

Brewman

Good one. Star Trek has done a couple alternate universe type shows and that would be classic. I'm thinking Ernest Borgnine can play Jim and Kathleen Bates can play Sandy.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 06:21:48 pm »
The biggest mistake they made was moving it to Friday night and putting in up against SG1 on the Si-fi Channel..........

Both are good (I record one and watch the other), but both can't survive running at the same time.

Spatech t.u.o.! You're almost have it right............... but I think I'd prefer to see them wrestling in jello!!!! YEAH! That's it.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 07:15:33 pm »
Alright, here we go:

I don't, but only because we don't have a TV.

;)

That explains a lot!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

steve771

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 11:40:10 pm »
I don't, but only because we don't have a TV. We will buy the various seasons as they are released on DVD - just as we have with TNG, Voyager and DS9.

No TV?  Don't you find it kinda hard to watch the DVD by staring at the shiny disc?   ;D   ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 09:15:21 am »
No, we have a big bright monitor, and a sweet 6.1 surround-sound system, one remote which does it all, and we are about to upgrade to a video projector and 8' screen.

We 'tossed the TV" around 20 years ago - no broadcast TV since my son was born. We do watch DVD and in the old days, VHS - but that gave us total control over what our kids view.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 09:18:29 am »

Maybe they find out the DAIT system's downfall is that it unknowingly acts as an interplexing beacon, which summons the BORG to earth before the Federation is even formed.

zzaphod42

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 11:51:42 am »
No, we have a big bright monitor, and a sweet 6.1 surround-sound system, one remote which does it all, and we are about to upgrade to a video projector and 8' screen.

We 'tossed the TV" around 20 years ago - no broadcast TV since my son was born. We do watch DVD and in the old days, VHS - but that gave us total control over what our kids view.

Except when they go to visit with their friends. :o
I guess you could always screen the parents and inspect their homes ahead of time...Maybe not.

My little guy is only 1 1/2 years old and it already scares me to think about the things he will be exposed to which are completely out of my control.

The internet is probably the worst...I guess I will have to look into getting one the many programs which screens out all of the bad stuff.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 11:54:52 am »
So - how do you think the Borg got started? Did some poor schmoe fall into an industrial blender and they liked what came out?

Did some early Borg doctor do a botched nose job and the patient ended up with a cortical implant?

And how did the hive mind develop? Were there two Borg who thought it would be cool to connect their minds? Perhaps it was originally an easy way to cheat at the Friday night poker game?

I don't get it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 11:54:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42