What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bearingless Jets  (Read 5295 times)

cappykat

Bearingless Jets
« on: August 05, 2005, 02:01:23 pm »
Are bearingless jets better than the others?  I guess less parts means less to fix.  That being said, which mfg have the bearingless jets?

Sorry....I know I ask A LOT of questions.  ::)
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Bearingless Jets
« on: August 05, 2005, 02:01:23 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Bearingless Jets
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 02:46:18 pm »
Asking questions is a good way to learn.  You can check out various mfg. websites or brochures- they'll brag up bearingless jets if they use them.  I think Sundance uses them, so far so good with ours at 2+ years.
Brewman
Brewman

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 02:48:46 pm »
I believe they are better than others because there are no moving parts.  No bearings means nothing to get gummed up with sand or calcium.   We have had 0 problems with them since they were introduced into the tubs we sell.

Also, the wave motion is really cool.   You have to feel it to really appreciate it.

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 04:51:22 pm »
Ok, well again, my question is which tubs have them?
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 04:52:14 pm »
I'm sure they are fine but they are really only "better" to those who sell them or have them IMO. In general the jets I see elsewhere are all find and dandy as well. Unless I lived at the beach and dragged a lot of sand in my spa I wouldn't spend much time deciding between bearingless or bearing jets.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 04:52:51 pm »
Sundance 800 series spas.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 04:57:13 pm »
Are bearingless jets better than the others?  I guess less parts means less to fix.  That being said, which mfg have the bearingless jets?

Sorry....I know I ask A LOT of questions.  ::)

Many tubs have bearingless jets now. Waterway has introduced bearingless jets.

These are not the same bearingless jets that Sundance uses. I have not experienced the Sundance ones, but I hear they are great.

My only experience with the WaterWay jets was with Coleman. Coleman changed pump and jet manufacturers in '05. In '04 their 5" jets where single roto jets from Pentair. In '05 they used the dual roto style bearingless jets from Waterway.

IMO, Coleman jets are giving the same intensity in 2005 v 2004. Is it because it is dual stream vs single? Is it because the bearings allowed for a smoother motion? Is it the new pumps? Is it something else? I do not know. I do know I am not the only person to make this observation.
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 05:20:42 pm »
Those jets are pretty cool however that comes at a price. We don't know how long they will last and they actually have more parts to make them work than the average spinning jet with bearings.

My concern is the claims that they will last longer without any proof of that...They very well might we just don't know yet. The one thing we know for sure is that they will be more expensive to replace after warranty right now unless they find a less expensive way to manufacture them....

IMO, you should try them out and if they feel that much better than others you've tried plus you like the other features and engineering options seem better than buy that spa. Don't just buy into some salesman telling you it's better because of design...buy it because of how it feels. I think the merits of that alone are the best selling feature of those jets.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 05:36:41 pm »
Stuart, which jets are you refering to? The Sundance or the Waterway?
Homeworks Financing Representative

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 06:21:25 pm »

I'm referring to the Sundance, I haven’t had an opportunity to look at the Waterway close yet so I really can't comment on them. I would love to put them through some tests (like being in my spa that I don't care of correctly ;)) and see how they hold up.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 09:21:51 am »
I agree, you should go with the jets that feel the best.  Sundance has used the Fluidix bearingless technology in their therapy seat for many years now.  I imagine that the success they had with those helped them develop the larger bearingless intellijets for the 2003 and later models.

If bearingless is the way to go, I wonder if SD will ever develop a bearingless jet to replace the older style removable bearing style intellijets.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 09:25:09 am by tony »

Texas_Tubs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 11:12:03 am »
Sundance really plays up their bearingless jets but last I heard they only have a 2 year warranty.  I wouldn't worry too much about how the jets are made, I would worry more about how the jets perform!!!  Most of the major manufacturers don't have bearingless jets and don't seem to have problems.  Good Luck on whichever spa you choose.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 11:46:14 am »
Bearingless jets have no balls......[/i][/red]
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

cappykat

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 11:54:27 am »
Thanks windsurfdog....I NEEDED the laugh!!   ;D ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 11:54:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42