What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozone Check Valves  (Read 6732 times)

J._McD

Re: Ozone Check Valves
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 09:24:05 am »
Isn't stopping water from flowing back toward the ozonator exactly what a check valve is supposed to do???

water won't come out of your nose until it's forced.  My comment is only a suggestion that I have seen occur.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 09:24:05 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 11:53:40 am »
water won't come out of your nose until it's forced.  My comment is only a suggestion that I have seen occur.

LOL

Take a vacation or something man.
Homeworks Financing Representative

J._McD

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 01:20:29 pm »
Thanks all for helping.  It is certainly possible and highly probable that the circ pump return jet has been blocked.  I have 16 year old twin boys and at any time the spa could be a tubfull of teenagers.  You know they love to put their hands and feet against the hot water comming out.
So, J. _McD, you thing that water is being forced back through the Mazzei injector to the check valve and that causes it to fail?  If that would cause it to fail, then you just might have the answer.

Isn't stopping water from flowing back toward the ozonator exactly what a check valve is supposed to do???

It is intended to prevent water flow back to the ozonator, Yes.  Possibly you were unaware it could be forced under certain circumstances.

LOL
Take a vacation or something man.

I fail to see your point.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 02:18:49 pm »
Sorry I missed some of these posts today.  Yes, my tubing from the ozonator to the check valve has turned a yellow/brown.  I have even changed the tubing and the new tubing has turned.  I do run a loop above the water line, though it was not set up that way when new.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 02:26:54 pm »

It was explained to me by the dealer that my Tiger River's circ pump would shut off  in this instance.  Since Tiger River is Hot Springs sister line, made in the same factory incorporating many of the same technologies,  perhaps this is true for HS?

I think that the dealer was referring to the Summer Mode setting.  The spa does not do this automatically, it is at your discretion.  The circ pump runs 24/7 unless you activate the Summer Mode which will shut off the circ pump for 8 hours.  It will help cool off the spa a little. :)

Terminator

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 04:31:33 pm »

I think that the dealer was referring to the Summer Mode setting.  The spa does not do this automatically, it is at your discretion.  The circ pump runs 24/7 unless you activate the Summer Mode which will shut off the circ pump for 8 hours.  It will help cool off the spa a little. :)

Terminator

But then you won't have 24/7 ozination! ;D

Sorry - Couldn't resist - Trying to lighten up some of this thread!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 05:13:45 pm »

I fail to see your point.

I guess my point is that my nose does not have a one way check valve like an ozonator and you seem to be an angry person that lashes out when contradicted and perhaps a little R & R might do you some good.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 05:13:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42