What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2 month update on Bullfrog #331  (Read 5915 times)

Gaia

• Bubbles! Bubbles! My bubbles!!!!
2 month update on Bullfrog #331
« on: August 05, 2005, 12:58:16 pm »
Hi all,
I haven't been around in awhile, but wanted to update on the Bullfrog #331 I received in June, 2005.  I needed a three person to fit my indoor space.
Good things and bad things about this spa  :P:
Good: Nice shell. Like most of the jetpacks. Cost
Bad: Have to really scooch down to get shoulders under neck blaster jetpack. Did not seem so low in showroom- only reaches my shoulderblades when sitting straight up in the seat (I'm 5'6")  Also for my height, the intake is placed at the feet of the lounger and  my left foot must be turned for me to sit in the lounger.

The water in the tub started to get really funky. I had to drain & re-fill. After refill, I looked behind jetpack (Hoses are in the water within the shell- behind the jetpack). Horrible growth and ickiness on all the hoses. This was a concern before I bought the Bullfrog, but the sales person assured me that this problem was resolved because Bullfrog started putting a hose in this area to help circulation.

Any advice?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

2 month update on Bullfrog #331
« on: August 05, 2005, 12:58:16 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: 2 month update on Bullfrog #331
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 01:03:10 pm »
The growth behind the pacs is what was has been mentioned here as one of the down falls of the spa ...changing your water after 2 months on a new spa is not uncommon with any brand.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 01:27:41 pm »
Wow! Now I'm glad I didn't buy the 331 from Bullfrog!! Sorry your having problems with the spa Gaia. I was wondering about the hoses in the back, for some reason I kinda thought the water might get a little bad behind the packs. Hope you resolve this issue soon!

BP

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 01:54:08 pm »
... but the sales person assured me that this problem was resolved because Bullfrog started putting a hose in this area to help circulation.

Did the salesperson offer any solution? What's Bullfrog's response?  

Where all the back of the  jetpacks this way or just one?
07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 04:27:00 pm »
I have the same problem with my neck jet seats - you need to scoot forward for a neck message.

As another thought on the lines on what drewstar was asking - Did you have your packs turned off or lowered? Maybe that would have something to do with it.

My dealer told me that some people turn off the jets to seats they don't use too often and get surprised by what comes out when they turn them on.  I certainly would bring it to your dealers attention. Hopefully it's a newbie thing!

Gair

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 05:03:47 pm »
I have a Bullfrog 451 for a over a year and have never had a problem with anything growing behind the jet packs.  You can pop the covers and headrests off and hear the Hose behind the jet packs.  I use Nature 2 and  ozone plus I follow a dichor system.  1/2 teaspoon per person after tubbing and 1 1/2 tablespoon once a week.  Wash the filters and put in 1 1/2 fl oz of spa perfect every week.  No problems I think maybe you will want more filter time mine is six hours a day.  There is at lease one or more people in the spa everyday.  I am now in my fourth month on this water change.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2005, 05:03:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42