What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Saratoga Spas???  (Read 5526 times)

kel444

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Saratoga Spas???
« on: July 24, 2005, 04:31:07 pm »
Anybody familiar with this brand? We are looking at the Canfield model Looks great and we will do a wet test this week. It has 44 jets, two pumps at 7.2 hp seats 5-6 people. They are having a sale and they have one that is testing a new color in their line (it's green) and the price is 7K. This includes the steps and a cover lifter. Normally it's about 8K.
Your thoughts would be helpful!
Lor

Hot Tub Forum

Saratoga Spas???
« on: July 24, 2005, 04:31:07 pm »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: Saratoga Spas???
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 12:10:52 am »
The first wet tested we did was with Saratog Spa at their A-Frame outlet on Rt. 9 just this winter. Either their filtration system doesn't work very well or they don't maintain it. About 10 minutes after we got into one of the spas (I think it was the Canfield), we noticed tiny white flakes throughout the water. I'm not talking about a few flakes here or there, I mean everywhere. It grossed us all out. We immediately got out.
When I asked the salesperson about it, they didn't know what the flakes were nor could they explain why there filtration system couldn't remove it. That was all I needed to know so we left and went back home to shower off.

We finally purchased a Marquis Spa from Casual Living Pools & Patio in Scotia, NY.
I found the Marquis spas had stronger jets which my wife and I prefer. Saratoga Spas were more anemic. Also, we found Casual Living's sales people listened to our needs and were more knowledgeable.

But go ahead and try out Saratoga Spa. As you will find out from reading this forum, everyone has different preferences. I just hope they've cleaned up their water! ;D

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 03:36:16 pm »
You guys are gonna love this one. I'm a SD dealer out in the NYC area.

I actually owned a Saratoga for 7 years. It was a good spa, reliable as any. It gave me a massage and the water was hot. Bromine was almost the death of me though with tablets and concentrate and other stuff. This is all before I was in the industry however.

Once selling spas I learned to appreciate the value of a good spa and what they have to offer. But like I said it was a good spa. The filters were a pain in the butt, but it was alright.

Whatever you like you'll get and it'll be great.

Soakin

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 12:39:24 pm »
I own a '99 Saratoga Pavillion.  It has been a good tub for us (a couple of small problems, but nothing that couldn't happen to any manufacturer, and they were resolved satisfactorily), and when we purchased it we felt we were getting one of the best values on the market.  It is a well constructed spa (strong frame, good shell, good cabinet) and they use the same components that are found on most of the top manufuacturers.  At that time, our opinion was that their quality, features, and hydrotherapy was as good as any, and it was priced much below comparable products from most of the well-known brands.  

IMO Saratoga is a good option to consider, but only one of many.  I haven't shopped spas much lately, other than noticing prices a the dealer and at home shows or fairs, so I can't comment on the deal you are considering, but it seems to me that in general, Saratoga's prices are now closer to the rest of the market.  Other manufacturers have introduced some tubs/features that I find very appealing, and I think there are a lot of good choices in your price range.  Consider them all, and wet-test the ones that you really like.  That will mean more than comparing the specs.  Don't worry about missing a "deal" on this tub.  If you are patient, almost every dealer can help you find a good value.  Don't forget to evaluate the dealer as well as the spa.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 02:30:50 pm by Soakin »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 12:39:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42