What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimension One Spas/thermospas  (Read 3892 times)

cappykat

Dimension One Spas/thermospas
« on: July 15, 2005, 11:36:58 am »
Any positive/negative comments on these spas?  They look to be very good on paper with a great warranty.  Comments, please?  
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Dimension One Spas/thermospas
« on: July 15, 2005, 11:36:58 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Dimension One Spas/thermospas
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 11:39:49 am »
SO many things I could say....

..but I just say this:

Dont buy one of these without a wet test
Homeworks Financing Representative

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 12:06:35 pm »
If you have the Thermospa sales guy come to your house, be sure to fill us in on the details.
Brewman
Brewman

Mark_Vee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 12:55:33 pm »
I'm thinking that HotTubMan was speaking mostly of Thermospas there, am I right?

Be very careful with Thermospas, I could go on and on, but I'll stop there too.

Dimension One makes an excellent product and are backed extremely well by the factory.  

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 12:58:39 pm »
I'm not going to buy anything without wet testing but if others know something I don't, that's why I'm asking.  If a mgf/product isn't good, then I trust people on this board are going to tell me.  I would do the same.

So say it like it is.....
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 01:10:41 pm »
I'm not going to buy anything without wet testing but if others know something I don't, that's why I'm asking.  

Do a search on Thermospas here and on other spa forum sites before you make any appointment.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 01:13:36 pm »
Just saw a Therma Spa comercial on TV last night.

They were advertsing "heated towel holders". Now, I don't know about you, but even in New England, in the dead of winter,  outside in my tub, the last thing I want is a heated towel.  Sometimes a terry cloth bathrobe is too much.  

Does any one prefer heated towells?
07 Caldera Geneva

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 01:35:37 pm »
I haven't looked at either Thermospas or Dimension.  I asked because we are going out tomorrow to find a tub.  If either or both aren't worth taking the time then I don't want to waste going there.

I found a comparison chart of the major brands and Thermospa on paper has a good warranty, 20 on shell construction, 10 on shell surface and 10 on the heater/pumps.  Now this doesn't show the limitations of the warranty and there may be a lot of exclusions.

I won't look at Thermospa because of the comments here.  Is it worth looking at Dimension One?  
2005 Marquis Epic

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 01:43:11 pm »
D1 is worth going to.  There is no Thermospa in your are to go to, is there?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 01:43:36 pm »
I'm not going to buy anything without wet testing but if others know something I don't, that's why I'm asking.  If a mgf/product isn't good, then I trust people on this board are going to tell me.  I would do the same.

So say it like it is.....

First to say, both products are both bought and sold.  IMHO, I believe you will find far more D1 owners than any Thermo Spa owners to comment on their tubs.

A search will lead to the many things that have been discussed before, but in short, it will lead mostly to the difference in the selling method used by each manufacturer.

D-1 is sold and supported by a dealsrship network that is beneficial for consumer support service and advice for many years to come.

Thermo Spas are sold with agressive in home selling techniques without the opportunity to look at, feel or touch the actual product prior to purchasing it meaning you will not be able to "wet test" it for a fair or proper evaluation to compare it's performance to others.  They are delivered directly from the factory with little to no customer servcie support other than over the phone with factory customer service.  

There are some warranty differences that you should review and compare.

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 03:42:25 pm »
I went to Thermospa's website and asked for contact thinking they would contact me to tell me where a dealer is.  I didn't know that they were an in-home sale and I couldn't wet test them.  I don't want ANY salesman coming to my home.

Thanks, everyone for your help.
2005 Marquis Epic

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 05:44:39 pm »
I'm thinking that HotTubMan was speaking mostly of Thermospas there, am I right?

Be very careful with Thermospas, I could go on and on, but I'll stop there too.

Dimension One makes an excellent product and are backed extremely well by the factory.  

I was talking about both. You should wet test. Unfortunately, you can't wet test a Thermo ;)
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 05:44:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42