What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok here's my problem today......  (Read 2176 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Ok here's my problem today......
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:20:56 am »
seems my levels are out of wack! My bromine level is sitting at 5.....Alk is at 180 and pH is at 8.0. It's actually down from yesterday where is was all out of wack...no cloudy or foam and it looks clear. What do I do??

Hot Tub Forum

Ok here's my problem today......
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:20:56 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Ok here's my problem today......
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 10:56:56 am »
seems my levels are out of wack! My bromine level is sitting at 5.....

Have you shocked it lately?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 10:57:12 am »
yea. slowly sneak up on the tub, very, very quietly and then, jump out and yell "Boo!"

Works every time.
07 Caldera Geneva

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 11:23:49 am »

Have you shocked it lately?

When we were using Bromine this seemed to happen every time we shocked with MPS.  The levels would sky rocket and it would take days for them to drop.  In our case our ALK would go very low, ph very high and bromine through the roof.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 11:43:56 am »

When we were using Bromine

With the key phrase being "were using". When bromine users I've dealt with switch over to chlorine or Nature 2 they generally will say they would never switch back to bromine. I could never see myself using it and know my wife would not be happy with it compared to the N2/ozone way we go at home (always clear and lacking any smell). I am curious about "Brilliance" which Chas has good things to say about but a standard bromine system is so "yucky" IMO as I'm not a fan of the "chemical soup" feel/smell it gives off.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 11:59:16 am »
Welcome to the "spa crisis" that comes at the end of the first month of ownership!

If the water's clear and dosn't smell, attempt to recover as other posters suggested. If not, drain and start over.

BTW, have you tried "hot" spa water on that back yet?

Drewski

:)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 02:28:28 pm »
Ok here we go....time to babble!  :o

spatech I shocked the tub once...it didn't work all my levels were fine...and I had very cloudy water..so I put in the shock and it did nothing..that's probably why I find it easier to use the clarifier to get the water clearer if my levels are fine.

Drew..hahaha very funny...my hubby's swim trunks shock it better LOLOLOL

Ok...here's the deal.....yesterday my levels were this way: bromine very low.....pH very low Alk low...so I increased the PH, threw in some bromine..and now it's off the chart yesterday when I did a test. It has come down some but still a little high. btw...I am out of test strips so I have to wait until my dealer sends me some (probably tomorrow when we are gone LOL)

Anyway...I think what I will do is this.....load up the truck........load the dogs..head up to the cool mtns and wait until I get back to check the levels...then I will have strips and be in a better frame of mind to deal with it. How's that sound? ::)  oh btw...for ya'll's laughter for the day..I'm now a grandma again...Remington (my yellow lab) has successfully gotten his end of the job done (pardon the pun) hahahahahahahahahahaha
« Last Edit: July 14, 2005, 02:38:52 pm by Backpains »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2005, 02:28:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42