What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot springs vista vs grandee  (Read 9856 times)

crg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hot springs vista vs grandee
« on: July 10, 2005, 10:05:59 pm »
Thinking about purchasing a hot springs hot tub. can't decide between the vista or the grandee. Any suggestions from anyone. anyone experiencing problems with either one

Hot Tub Forum

hot springs vista vs grandee
« on: July 10, 2005, 10:05:59 pm »

popsicle

• 2005 HS Grandee
Re: hot springs vista vs grandee
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 11:29:01 pm »
I've had a Grandee for about 3 months and absolutely love it.  It comfortably seats 6 and the moto massage is great.  I was concerned that I would wish I had a lounge seat, but the Grandee has so many comfortable ways to sit and use the jets that I can lounge or sit or whatever and get a great soak.  The little water fountain feature (I forget what it's called) is hardly worth it, but that's about the only complaint we have.

GCLOUD911

• Need some sun for my cloud!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 11:33:21 pm »
Have you wet tested either yet?  

We wet tested a Vanguard and really liked it...but then went with a different spa altogether (don't want to confuse you with that though).  

My husband and I both loved the moto massage jets and it looks like with the Grandee it has 2 seats with the moto massage that goes up and down the spine.  The Vista having the lounge seat with the double moto massage is really nice, too.  Looks like the footwell in the Vista is a little bigger.  That was something we looked at while shopping.

Both are SpaAudio ready if that is something that appeals to you!  We're getting the same concept for a sound system in the new spa we purchased!  Can't wait...3 weeks or so.  

Definitely wet test!!!  Seem to see that a lot on this site, but it is sooooo true!  We weren't sold on the spa we ended up with until we jumped in it!  
Like everyone says, you wouldn't buy a car w/o test driving it first, would you???  This is a big investment that you want to be very comfortable with.  Take your time!  Took us almost 3 weeks of shopping!

Good Luck! ;D

georgiapeach

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 06:46:32 am »
Thinking about purchasing a hot springs hot tub. can't decide between the vista or the grandee. Any suggestions from anyone. anyone experiencing problems with either one

We've had our Grandee since November and absolutely love it!  We went with the Grandee because it did not have a lounger.  At first I really wanted the lounger, but then I decided against it because it was so much easier to get in and out of the Grandee with that "cool down" seat".  But that's all personal preference.  Good luck!

Peachy

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 08:05:27 am »
I picked the Vanguard for the cool down bench - it's great to stretch out on  - especially in the summer....

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 11:19:35 am »
We looked at the vista and the grandee and picked the grandee, and we've had it for over a year and love it.  Our reasons were as follows:

- We didn't want a lounger.  
- We liked 2 moto-massages.

The open seating in the grandee lets us lay out if we want to, and when we have company it seats more people.  We feel the pumps on the grandee are plenty powerful.  I rarely use them full speed and my wife usually turns them to 50%.

Alot of people on here have commented that when people over the years replace their hot tubs they often do not get a lounger.  Not sure if/why that is true other than maybe some people don't use them as often as they think they will.  Kinda like the lumbar supports and tweaks many power seats have. Great selling feature, but you never touch them. 8)

Having 2 moto-massages (at two different incline angles) gives you the chance to also have the 2 moto-massage plates.

I can't remember too much about the vista, but I remember the above were the only things that stuck out to me when shopping.

Someone mentioned the spa audio package.  We weren't a fan of the transducer system. I don't like vibrating the shell, and the vibrations actually made my wife feel a little queasy.

For significantly less I made a small bench on 2 sides of the hot tub, stained it the color of my deck, and am in the process of mounting 3 marine-grade speakers on the 3 corners of the tub covered by the benches.  

I think for the money one would spend on the spa audio package they could purchase, independently, better and fancier equipment and give their deck/patio/area nice ambiance music with just some extra elbow grease.  Of course, this is assuming you want to go through the trouble of doing it yourself to save a few hundred bucks.

-Ed
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 11:21:33 am by ebirrane »

shabba34

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 12:50:50 pm »
For the consumers that have shopped for the Hotspring product as recent as 3 weeks ago, There have been some mid-year changes on the HS Grandee:

Two Dual Moto-massage have replaced the two singles

2.0hp (3.9 break torque) pump and 2.5hp (4.8 break torque) pump have replaced the 1.65 hp pumps.

5 Tri-X filters (325 sq ft of active filtration) were added to maintain a no-bypass filtration system.

The Grandee is the newest model added with the High performance label.

The Grandee is still available in the Classic version with the Endurol shell.

Good luck with your shopping. ;)

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 11:30:00 am »

They are the biggest tubs they offer so if you have it narrowed down to these then wet testing is the only way to decide.

Do you float out of the lounger?

Do you like the more open seating of the Grandee or the more separate seating of the Vista?

I own the Vanguard which was a tough decision over the Grandee but went with the cool down bench for my wife.

Going in, I wanted a big tub to entertain in but most the time it was going just to be me and my wife.

After learning all the maintenance involved and having a couple of my neighbors get in with their soap filled suites I think my tub is going to be more of a personal/romantic area for just us so the smaller tub is great.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 11:42:53 am »
Aren't they virtually the same tub but one with a lounger and the other without?
07 Caldera Geneva

Circlt

• Money can make you powerful, Wisdom makes you Rich
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 01:23:37 pm »
The Grandee is a great tub.

I have had mine two weeks, wish I would have waited a bit longer to get the new upgrades, though they probably added a premium to the price, and I am happy that mine is more energy efficient than the high performance tub.

I like the cool down seat, the quality and variety of jets, and the five filters that you can throw in the dishwasher do an awesome job keeping the water crystal clean!!!

You will not be disappointed with this tub!

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 05:54:19 pm »
Aren't they virtually the same tub but one with a lounger and the other without?

Close.... the Grandee offers two seats with moto massages and has the well spring water feature.

The vista has some different jets and the bellafontona water feature, which I think is cool!

Unfortunately I have the wellspring.

ArcherC

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 06:19:47 pm »
crg,
There are a couple of things you might want to look at with these 2 spas.
First, if you are very tall with long legs, the Vista will probably do just fine for you, but if not, I have heard complaints about peoples feet not being able to reach the foot jets in the lounge. I am 6'1" and the lounge fits me alright but not perfect.
The other thing to look at is if you are getting a Grandee made before or after July, If before, then it will not have the standard Tri-X filters, 2 Dual Moto's and bigger pumps, but it might cost less because these do add a price increase to the Grandee.
My personal preferance would be the Grandee, I have been waiting for them to put the Dual Moto in it, and now that it has two I think it is about perfect (for me).
Hope this helps, PM me if you have any specific questions about either tub.
Caleb

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 07:05:59 pm »
Wow, I was wondering when HS was going to upgrade the Grandee.  ;D

Chas and the rest, how much more will the retail price be over the older version?

For the consumers that have shopped for the Hotspring product as recent as 3 weeks ago, There have been some mid-year changes on the HS Grandee:

Two Dual Moto-massage have replaced the two singles

2.0hp (3.9 break torque) pump and 2.5hp (4.8 break torque) pump have replaced the 1.65 hp pumps.

5 Tri-X filters (325 sq ft of active filtration) were added to maintain a no-bypass filtration system.

The Grandee is the newest model added with the High performance label.

The Grandee is still available in the Classic version with the Endurol shell.

Good luck with your shopping. ;)

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

mowgli1

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 07:29:17 pm »
A question for the Grandee owners. Is the foot therapy adequate?

ArcherC

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 07:57:38 pm »

Chas and the rest, how much more will the retail price be over the older version.

I believe it will be going up between $400-600.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 07:59:02 pm by ArcherC »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 07:57:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42