What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bulk Marquis chemicals?  (Read 2434 times)

mrskansas

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Bulk Marquis chemicals?
« on: July 12, 2005, 12:24:02 am »
I have had my tub for about a week, and am using Marquis SpaCare products-chlorine, spa shock, PH up, etc.  The dealer threw in a starter kit, but I am noticing the chemicals are pretty expensive and was hoping to buy them in bulk (like everything else in my house) to save money.  Has anyone found a place to buy them online?  Looking for a reputable site or store.

Thank you!  

;D

Hot Tub Forum

Bulk Marquis chemicals?
« on: July 12, 2005, 12:24:02 am »

tootall

Re: Bulk Marquis chemicals?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 01:45:59 am »
try www.hottubworks.com a whole lot cheaper than the dealer and shipping is free but keeping bulk chems in your home the things do and can get weak. or lose their strangth over time with out use. I.e. rotate stock.

Soakin

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 12:06:59 pm »
Doc Spa's site:  www.rhtubs.com is good for chems, info about them, and a message board that rivals this one.  

Don't worry about buying Marquis brand, focus on the chemical name and percentage of active ingredient.   I'd also ask your dealer if they carry any generic chems.  Check other dealers in the area for prices, too.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 12:10:49 pm by Soakin »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 04:17:24 pm »
For PH increaser or decreaser, check out a local big box store with a spa and pool department.  Around here, there is Menards, Fleet Farm, and WalMart.   The ingredients are exactly the same, except instead of a teeny little bottle of PH increase or decrease that costs $5, you get a huge container for about the same price.  I use regular baking soda for increasing alkalinity.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 04:17:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42