What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Hockey fans  (Read 14496 times)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Re: Help Hockey fans
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 06:03:26 pm »
Sorry, it's an ECHL team and the $7 ticket was through the school ... don't you just hate when people give you the wrong info!

In Jersey they have counties and the my county built an indoor arena that is great. It's small (10,000 people) vs Madison Square Garden (35,000 I think) and every seat is a good seat.

Madison Square Garden seats just over 18,000 for a hockey game, which is just slightly below the NHL average (Calgary Saddledome can accommodate over 20,000 for an NHL game as an example).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 06:03:56 pm by cooltoy2000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 06:03:26 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 06:50:25 pm »
Sorry, it's an ECHL team and the $7 ticket was through the school ... don't you just hate when people give you the wrong info!

In Jersey they have counties and the my county built an indoor arena that is great. It's small (10,000 people) vs Madison Square Garden (35,000 I think) and every seat is a good seat.

Madison Square Garden seats just over 18,000 for a hockey game, which is just slightly below the NHL average (Calgary Saddledome can accommodate over 20,000 for an NHL game as an example).

I guess then the local place must be maybe 6,000 seats. The nose bleed section isn't too high. I've been to the Meadowlands once to see the Devils and that nose bleed section needs to come with O2 ... I swear it's almost straight up!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2006, 09:31:22 pm »
One more thing to add to the offside rule, the NHL went back to touchback rule where if the puck is shot into the opposing end while a player(s) is behind the blue line the play will continue if all offensive players clear the zone without touching the puck as long as it is not a shot on net.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

hymbaw

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 03:16:43 am »
Southern hockey fans can be entertaining ;D

A group of us travelled from Michigan down to Nashville to see the mighty Red Wings play the Predators in 2002. It was hilarious!

It was like going to a minor league game. They have different "entertainment" going on during every stoppage, they have a balcony where some up and coming future country singer sings songs between periods, the PA announcer would lead the "fans" through chants and goofy Predator roars, and best of all...............

Literally every time the linesman would lift his arm to call offsides, the crowd would go nuts thinking it's a penalty. (Only the guys with the orange armbands(referees) can call penalties, FYI)

God bless 'em, they really were pulling for their team. They just didn't know what they were watching.(hopefully they've gotten better in the last few years)

Here we go Red Wings!!! Here we go!!!

Original Six greetings from HOCKEYTOWN where the fans are there to see the GAME.

This is how that '01-'02 season ended
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 03:23:06 am by hymbaw »
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

96SC

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 11:43:19 am »
the PA announcer would lead the "fans" through chants and goofy Predator roars,

I hope the PA announcer at this game doesn't have the fans turn to their left and blow, hoping to create a (Carolina) Hurricane inside the stadium. ;D ;D ;D
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 12:39:56 pm »
Hey cooltoy,

Going over the rules of hockey with someone from the Carolina's

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;

Kinda reminds you of the Fox glow puck eh ;D

I live in Raleigh... Most of the people who live here and go to the games aren't actually from here.  I'm from Toronto (yeah... still a Leafs fan even though I did jump on that bandwagon in the spring...) and most of the people who go to the games know there hockey.  There are good fans here.  It's not college basketball or Nascar but it's starting to catch on.

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 12:44:51 pm »
I am surprisd you still new what a bandwagon looked like after 40 years. ;D

96SC

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 01:43:43 pm »
Hey cooltoy,

Going over the rules of hockey with someone from the Carolina's

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;

Kinda reminds you of the Fox glow puck eh ;D

I live in Raleigh... Most of the people who live here and go to the games aren't actually from here.  I'm from Toronto (yeah... still a Leafs fan even though I did jump on that bandwagon in the spring...) and most of the people who go to the games know there hockey.  There are good fans here.  It's not college basketball or Nascar but it's starting to catch on.

Ken

You're right bulmer4nc, there is nothing in NC that compares to college basketball or NASCAR (neither I follow).  Specially, UNC and Duke.  If you call Dale jr. a sissy!!  You may have to fight your way out.

How big are the 'crowds' at Hurricane games?  Has the fever gotten so hot that tickets are impossible to get?

What is the Fox glow puck, thing?  Is that when the puck on TV was 'highlighted' so it could be followed easier?

In Canada eh

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 12:01:12 am »
What is the Fox glow puck, thing?  Is that when the puck on TV was 'highlighted' so it could be followed easier?

Yes, back about 10 years ago Fox television thought that by highlighting the puck it would be easier to follow.  It drove most hockey fans bananas because your eye was drawn to the glowing puck and you couldn't follow the play :(
Bullfrog 451

96SC

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 08:12:55 pm »
We're off to the game on Wednesday.  Hurricanes vs the Thrashers.
One guy from SC who has never seen a hockey game, one from Virginia who has seen some minor league hockey, me who has seen two games years ago and a guy from Puerto Rico, who, naturally has never seen a game either.

I'll let everyone know how it went. :o

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 03:18:35 pm »
I do believe the CAROLINA Hurricanes are the defending Stanley Cup champs, no?
I was once a die-hard Blackhawk fan but, Mr. Wirtz (the owner) has basically driven myself as well as the rest of the Chicago faithful away. I do follow the Hawks but, rarely am I able to see them on the tele.
I'm probably a minority but, Stanley Cup playoff hockey is awesome.
Have a good time at the game.

PS-there was nothing like a hockey game in the old Chicago Stadium. If you were ever there to hear Wayne Messmer sing the national anthem, it would give you chills.
Oh yeah, Wirtz fired him a couple years ago.

Skellman

96SC

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 10:35:31 pm »
We went.  Me, a guy from SC, one from KY, and two from Puerto Rico (PR).

The guys from PR about froze to death.  Even when I told them to bring plenty of warm clothes, which they did.

Two minutes into the game there was a fight, which they all enjoyed, but it was the only fight of the night.  A minute later Atlanta scored and two minutes later Carolina scored...it all seemed scripted to keep the fans interest (the stadium was about half full).

The funniest part of the night was at the end of regulation, tied 4-4.  The guys from PR went to get another beer, one of the group told them that they probably quit selling so late into the game, but they went anyhow.  About a minute into OT the Hurricanes scored and everyone was leaving but the guys from PR hadn't gotten back yet.  After waiting for quite a while the other 3 of us went to the car, hoping the PR's had gone out there, which they had.  When we asked where they were, they said. 'We don't get hockey in PR but thought it was like football and had 4 quarters so we figured there was plenty of time to get another beer.'  They heard the crowd hollering when Carolina scored the winning goal and went back to our seats only to find everyone was gone.

Unfortunately, the Hurricane stadium (yep, home of the defending NHL champions) was more like watching a game in a school auditorium.  No smell of smoke or stale beer.  But everyone had a good time.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2006, 12:03:26 am »
Did everyone have fun?

96SC

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 04:00:01 pm »
Did everyone have fun?

Most of us had a 'ball' or should that be, had a 'puck'?  Especially the guys from PR.  The guy from SC was sort of so-so about it, but he was the only one who just wore a long sleeve shirt.
We sat above and just to the side of one of the goals so we got to see a lot of action around the net and with a total of 9 goals in the game we saw a lot of scoring. (the fight was just below us also).

I was really hoping for a 'hat trick' as one of the guys from PR asked what a hat trick was.  I explained it to him what it was and what happens (the ice gets covered with fan's hats) but seeing it would have made a better impression.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 05:50:20 pm »
A Gordie Howe hat trick is way better.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2006, 05:50:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42