What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)  (Read 29855 times)

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sundance spa (CAMEO 880)
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 09:01:47 pm »
SD filtration may not be so superior if depth filters cannot be cleaned, replacement cost high and horizontal location keeps rotation a necessary requirement.  I still question this marketing strategy...so far.  If you get kids, dirt etc.  you could replace filter very frequently @ $80 - $129 a pop.  Could be great...but?
Bromine tabs too close to pumps/heater in container on weir.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2005, 09:01:47 pm »

J._McD

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2005, 09:41:53 am »
SD filtration may not be so superior if depth filters cannot be cleaned, replacement cost high and horizontal location keeps rotation a necessary requirement.  I still question this marketing strategy...so far.  If you get kids, dirt etc.  you could replace filter very frequently @ $80 - $129 a pop.  Could be great...but?
Bromine tabs too close to pumps/heater in container on weir.

Kyle, I am a bit confused by your statement.  The 5 micron filter is a disposable filter for consumer convenience of not having to clean them.  That way they are not buying filter cleaner, and taking the time to clean it 4 times a year.  

BTW, the dispenser in the floating gate has been there for 28 years.  If it was a problem as you seem to suggest, wouldn't they have changed it by now? ???
It seems you are trying to create a negative here.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 09:43:00 am by J._McD »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2005, 09:16:41 am »
If bromine is anything like chlorine, and I am guessing it is, it forms an ion that immediately tries to get as far away from the other ions as fast as possible.  Therefore, like chlorine, the ions move almost instantly through the system.  No matter where you put the bromine, it will make it to the pumps in roughly the same amount of time.  The main goal is to not have the bromine tabs sitting on the shell.  

Revlis

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2005, 10:02:55 am »
I think one of the reasons people use bromine is that it stands up to the heat a lot better than chlorine.  

I've seen that people who use chlorine (or dichlor) use the tub daily and don't mind putting some in every day.  

People who use bromine (only a trend I noticed) seem to not use the spa every single day and only adjust chemicals two or three times a week (or even once a week if it wasn't used that week).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2005, 10:02:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42