What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Why good dealers are important  (Read 6146 times)

JJ

• Vita Nuage
Why good dealers are important
« on: July 01, 2005, 11:06:18 am »
Mea Culpa time

After living with my Vita Joli for two weeks, I had to break down and confess to my wife that while the therapy was great, it was just too small.  Great for me and her, but add one of my kids (I've got three) and we were all in each others way and overflowing the water.  Additionally, one of the deep therapy seats had a neck cushion that actually hit me in the middle of the back of my head, but I decided in a 15 minute wet test would be ok.

It gets uncomfortable after 20 minutes.

She was very understanding, but said, well, we bought it already.

I already know this is my fault and I should have brought the whole family wet testing.

I called the dealer and confessed all.  He didn't even hesitate.  No problem, gave full value as a trade in (selling it as a floor model) gave me wholesale price difference on special order 3 pump Vita Nuage (wet tested for an hour, headrests checked out ok, twice the size), split another delivery charge with me, and told me to keep the Joli until my new tub comes in. He said unhappy customers don't do him any good for repeat or referral business. I don't think I could have asked for more.

This is why good dealers are worth a few bucks.  Can you imagine what this would have cost me if I bought over the net or from a big box store?

If you live in the Southeast, go give Adam at Atlanta Spa and Leisure a shot at your business, you won't be sorry.

Hot Tub Forum

Why good dealers are important
« on: July 01, 2005, 11:06:18 am »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Re: Why good dealers are important
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 11:46:09 am »
Great story Sounds like that dealer not only says Customer Service is his priority he proved it with you!!

jaxxon

• Friends dont let friends soak alone...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 12:20:07 pm »
Sounds like the Nuage will fit the whole family.  Vita just recently added the 3rd pump system on the Nuage.  Waiting to try one out myself  :D  

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 12:24:11 pm »
JJ, your in Hot Water now and you should love it.  Your dealer did the right thing and on 3 different occassions in the past 2 years we have done the same for some for our customers who restrained themselves in the decision making process.   :-/

We have a sign that has been in our showroom for 22 years, "We guarantee your satisfaction, or your money back", I am sure this sign has influenced some decisions and that is what it is there for.  I think your dealer should get 10 kudo's for exceptional customer care. ;D

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 10:56:15 pm »
Gotta say, my kind of dealer, and a policy that would make the purchase of a $10,000 or so item much less stressful.  Like any purchase of this sort, you *never* really know if it's right until you use it for some time.  Even wet testing can't prove everything, just most things!

Good job!
--
Lee

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 09:14:13 am »
I too work for and have worked fro dealers that have done this.

It was all done for self serving reasons too. At the end of the day, word of mouth/refferral is the most powerful form of advertisement.

Worst form- unhappy customer-they will tell everyone they know
Next best- happy customer-they will tell some people
Best form- customer that was unhappy or had problems and then had those issues resolved in a satisfactory time and fashion.- they will tell everyone they know
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 09:14:49 am by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

ArcherC

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 02:33:54 pm »
That was a great thing for your dealer to do.
I can't even tell you how many spas we sell because we give a satisfaction guarentee. If the customer does not like the spa and just wants a refund, we give them all their money back if it is within 30 days of delivery, but we also will trade their spa out within 30 days as well. It really helps customers to know that if for some reason they are unhappy with their spa, we are their to back them up.

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 09:04:01 pm »
Now I'm going through the waiting all over again.  But I still have the Joli until then, which is a great tub!! ;D

Vita brought a truckload of Spas up here (Atlanta) for a tent sale this weekend.  I told my dealer to feel free to give my name as a referral.

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 12:21:22 am »
One of the best dealer stories I have ever heard.

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2005, 06:04:03 pm »
There have been some threads recently on what consumers are looking for in a dealer.  I would be willing to bet the dealers offering a "risk free" decision are doing well.  Buying a spa, especially the first one, is a big step.  Anything the dealer can do to reduce the anxiety associated with that will have an advantage over his (or her) competition.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 05:36:51 pm by JJ »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 06:45:30 pm »
Risk free is something my dealer mentioned a few times. I'm still pretty happy 2.5 year later.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 06:45:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42