What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator question  (Read 5537 times)

Haynes

• 2005 Down East Cape Cod/ Monongahela, PA
Ozonator question
« on: June 26, 2005, 09:49:56 pm »
I have a Downeast Capecod hot tub.  Had it for about 6 weeks.  Recently discovered the dealer did not install the ozonator as ordered.  After catching them they came and installed one.  Its a Carona Ozonator.  My question is how can you tell it it working.  I have watched the tub for short periods and haven't seen any "bubbling"
Thanks,
Haynes

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator question
« on: June 26, 2005, 09:49:56 pm »

J._McD

Re: Ozonator question
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 11:22:54 pm »
You should be getting tiny bubbles into the spa water from the ozone injector, that is if they put an injector on. Ozone is a gaseous air bubble mixed in the water to oxidize and sanitize the water.  It should reduce the amount of chemicals you would use.

If it is working you water should be clean and clear.  If no bubbles I would have them out to show you how it is hooked up.  During that process you mayfind out it is not hooked up.  Take you panels off and locate the ozonator.  There is a clear line that should be attached to the plumbing. That is where the injector should be.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 10:27:11 am by J._McD »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:24:31 am »
I could disconnect the hose from the mazi injector and you'd still be getting bubbles. That means nothing. If your UV bulb is on it is producing ozone. Depending upon its age how much will varry. If it's CD style, you should be able to see a blueish electrical current runnning across the electrode. With age same applys. In my book, ozone is BS.

You should be getting tiny bubbles into the spa water from the ozone injector, that is if they put an injector on. Ozone is a gaseous air bubble mixed in the water to oxidize and sanitize the water.  It should reduce the amount of chemicals you would use.

If it is working you water should be clean and clear.  If no bubbles I would have them out to show you how it is hooded up.  During that process you mayfind out it is not hooked up.  Take you panels off and locate the ozonator.  There is a clear line that should be attached to the plumbing. That is where the injector should be.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 09:57:04 am »
I could disconnect the hose from the mazi injector and you'd still be getting bubbles. That means nothing. If your UV bulb is on it is producing ozone. Depending upon its age how much will varry. If it's CD style, you should be able to see a blueish electrical current runnning across the electrode. With age same applys. In my book, ozone is BS.

I think ozone does very well in HELPING you keep the water clean/clear but agree with everything else Wisoki said.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 10:18:02 pm »
Where are the facts? Show me the facts and I'll be a believer. If we are to rely on anecdotal evidence, I will never be convinced. I've been to the ozone manufacturers web sites, they have nothing there except for sales propaganda, even their "science" is propaganda. Facts facts facts all I want are some cold hard facts.

I think ozone does very well in HELPING you keep the water clean/clear but agree with everything else Wisoki said.

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 09:06:15 am »
Wisoki, in the interest of answering Haynes question, he first must have and see the bubbles coming into the water.  As to whether or not there are ozone bubbles or air bubbles is not the point, if they did not apply an injector, as they did not install the ozonator, it does absolutely NO GOOD to have an ozonator drawing electrical energy if it is not injecting ozone into the tub which would be bubbles.  Thus, if it is not working properly drawing ozone into the spa, it will leave haynes with an opinion such as yours, if the ozone being produced is NOT drawn into the water.  

So, it does mean something to be able to see the "bubbles" then we know the "plumbing injector" is in fact installed and hooked up. ;) what about if it is kinked? ???

You are absolutely correct however, if you disconnect the ozone line, you will only get ambient air drawn in.  While it is connected to the ozonator, you should be drawing that source of air through the ozonator and thus drawing ozone into the water.  If you review his post you will see he was asking about the bubbles, not your opinion about whether ozone is bs or not.  Incidently, he indicated it to be a CD ozonator.

I do know something about ozone, well beyond the BS factors, but your statement,  ....."If it's CD style, you should be able to see a blueish electrical current runnning across the electrode".....will probably confuse Haynes more than it does me.

With all due respect, and I do not intend to incite you about this but, if in fact you admit, you are not a proponent of ozone and do not understand it enough to give good advice, please refrain from giving misleading and opinionated responses that will confuse some one asking a question.

Ozone does do an exceptional job in Hot Tubs, your opinion that it is BS, indicates you have a closed mind on the subject and will most likely maintain your point of view as a "doubting thomas".  Might I simply suggest that you unplug your ozonator and never use it again, if it does nothing for you. ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:56:32 am by J._McD »

Haynes

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 11:57:31 am »
How often should I see some bubbles?  I have stared at it for 10-15 minutes at a time and haven't seen anything.

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 12:10:46 pm »
you should see bubbles 24 hours a day.

Take the equipment panel off and locate the ozonator.  Follow the clear plastic tubing to where it is connected to the plumbing.  When the water is moving through the plumbing it is supposed to draw a venturri action and draw air through the ozonator into the water flow.  Thus, the air bubles 100% of the time.

Following that procedure will lead you to the place where they have attached it to the plumbing.  During this process you MAY FIND A KINK in the hose which is preventing the drawing action that will create air bubbles.

Come back with your questions.

Haynes

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 03:31:53 pm »
I just got off the phone with my dealer.  Since I don't have a circ pump I will not see bubbles constantly.  They say the CD ozonator will only run during filtration cycle.  I removed the side panel and seen the ozonator and the clear tubing

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 04:06:15 pm »
I just got off the phone with my dealer.  Since I don't have a circ pump I will not see bubbles constantly.  They say the CD ozonator will only run during filtration cycle.  I removed the side panel and seen the ozonator and the clear tubing

That is the way mine works, only on filtration cycles, or pump #1 is running.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Haynes

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 05:11:22 pm »

That is the way mine works, only on filtration cycles, or pump #1 is running.

Are you able to notice "bubbles" from the ozonator?  Are you able to see bubbles if the pump#1 is running on low during the filtration cycle?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 07:32:13 pm »
Where are the facts? Show me the facts and I'll be a believer. If we are to rely on anecdotal evidence, I will never be convinced. I've been to the ozone manufacturers web sites, they have nothing there except for sales propaganda, even their "science" is propaganda. Facts facts facts all I want are some cold hard facts.

Wisocki also has doubts regarding the moon landing.
:) ;) :D ;D
Homeworks Financing Representative

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 10:15:11 pm »

Can you prove they landed???!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 11:59:09 pm »
It's WISOKI, and can you prove it?

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 12:00:39 am »
Although I heard John Glenn punched some one out once that had said the moon landing was a hoax. That's proof enough for me.

It's WISOKI, and can you prove it?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 12:00:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42