What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where is Everyone?  (Read 35108 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Where is Everyone?
« on: April 06, 2005, 10:07:48 pm »
It's been way to quiet on this board for the last few days.  Where did everyone go?

If anyone cares, my home theater is finally up and running, and my family is really enjoying it.  

It also warmed up enough around here for me to finally change my spa water last weekend- last done in early November.  

This weekend may be an opportunity for me to make some beer.  

So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Anyone else?

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

Where is Everyone?
« on: April 06, 2005, 10:07:48 pm »

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
Re: Where is Everyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 10:11:46 pm »
I have a feeling that a few of the regulars may be boycotting this site over recent problems of which I'm not sure about.

There has definitly been a different dynamic here lately.

Jc

and Oh! congrats on the sound system - does it sound as good as you had hoped?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 10:12:52 pm by JcDenton »
How do you know how much you don't know?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 10:19:41 pm »
Yes, thank you it does.  I'm still learning a lot- HT has changed since my Dolby Pro Logic splurge of 7 years ago!  I didn't realize how many types of surround sound there were.  But it appeals to the electronic geek in me.

The wow factor of a 96" screen is amazing.  And I have yet to get a HDTV feed going.  

Brewman
Brewman

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 11:48:06 pm »
That's a BIG screen!  :D

Maybe if I get my wife down here you could tell her that it's really not that expensive and that it makes sense to get one now ...etc..etc...

I imagine with the screen and the tub you're probably a pretty popular guy in your neighbourhood!

Actually, we have a pretty decent 5.1 set-up ourselves. Last movie we saw in a theatre was over a year ago and the screen quality was awful! All those scratches and blotches coming in and out - man - what a waste - just rent the DVD and call it macaroni! :)

Jc

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 06:53:51 am »
Glad you got it finished, Brewman!

Hubby has been looking at the new tv's, everywhere we go!  I would love to have the complete system, but at the rate that he goes, maybe I'll have it by the time we retire!   ;)  I just want the surround sound, but I won't hold my breath!

Maybe it has been a busy week for everyone!  I know it has been for me, so if you miss me, I will be back!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 07:26:22 am »
It's been way to quiet on this board for the last few days.  Where did everyone go?

Well, for me it was a strained back muscle pinching the sciatic nerve in my back.  I try not to post under the influcence of pain killers and muscle relaxers.  But when the doc said apply heat and massage I decided to spend two days off line going between the recliner and the hot tub.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 11:25:07 am »
That's a BIG screen!  :D

Maybe if I get my wife down here you could tell her that it's really not that expensive and that it makes sense to get one now ...etc..etc...

Actually for the screen size, it's very cost competitive to go the projector route- cheaper than large screen LCD and Plasma TV's.  Only thing is they only show what you feed them.  They don't have a built in tuner, so to see TV you'd need satelite or cable.  Which we already have.  You could get a good projector and screen for around $1,000 to infinity, of course.

I imagine with the screen and the tub you're probably a pretty popular guy in your neighbourhood!

So far not many of our neighbors know about the theater.  The ones that do are looking into their own setup.  

Actually, we have a pretty decent 5.1 set-up ourselves. Last movie we saw in a theatre was over a year ago and the screen quality was awful! All those scratches and blotches coming in and out - man - what a waste - just rent the DVD and call it macaroni! :)

Not to mention how irritated I seem to get at a movie theater.  Constant talking, cell phones, pagers, wrapper krinkling, and getting the back of my seat kicked constantly because some people can't seem to sit still for 2 hours in a row anymore.  

Jc

Brewman

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 11:32:52 am »
Yes. Yes. and yes. :D

Lori

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 01:01:59 pm »
I'm with you and JC, Brewman!!!

I used to LOVE going to the movies.  Now, eh, I can live with out the high prices of everything, too.  Tickets, popcorn, soda, etc.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 01:06:43 pm »
I'm with you and JC, Brewman!!!

I used to LOVE going to the movies.  Now, eh, I can live with out the high prices of everything, too.  Tickets, popcorn, soda, etc.

Not just that, but the people going to movies are becoming ruder all the time.  Forget Friday night at primetime, then there is being held hostage to 20 minutes of commercials disguised as "Pre-show entertainment"
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2005, 01:33:12 pm »

Not just that, but the people going to movies are becoming ruder all the time.  Forget Friday night at primetime, then there is being held hostage to 20 minutes of commercials disguised as "Pre-show entertainment"

Yeah - what's with that? I think they should show all that stuff with the lights still up so you can get to a seat without worrying that somebody really needs to jot down the phone number for the local septic pump guy or whatever...

>:(
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2005, 02:07:20 pm »
I wonder how long it will be before you can digitally stream new movies directly to your home as they are released - pay per view - of course.

Technology just might leave the old theatre behind - has for me anyways.

This way, the only thing I get angry about is the movie itself! (or the wife if she forgets the popcorn) ;)

Jc

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 02:16:59 pm »
I love the movie theater experience itself, and my home theater will never totally replace the experience, but my enjoyment is usually nuked by the overall rude behavior of the audience.  I can wait for movies to come out on DVD or cable.  Seems like the length of time between a movie's opening weekend and the DVD release is getting shorter all the time.  

Then there is netflix.com, my buddy, the one who got me going on the projector thing, uses.  I think he pays $18 per month and can have three movies out at a time.  The are shipped to his home, he can keep them as long as he wants, return shipping isn't extra, when he returns a movie they send another one within a day or so.  I think I'll be giving that a try as well, but maybe more towards fall when we're not outside so much.
Brewman
Brewman

Lori

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 03:21:41 pm »
Brewman, netflix.com is GREAT!!!

I had a subscription, but got too busy to watch any movies!  They will let you keep them for as long as you want, you keep a list of the movies you want on-line, then when you send one back, the next available title on your list is sent to you.  I found that they were very quick in sending the new ones out.  Plus, they give you an opportunity to rate movies you may have already seen, so others may benefit.

I thought it was a great service!  When I went back to school to finish my bachelor's degree, I had to give it up!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 04:51:45 pm »
That would something that I might be interested in but it looks like they don't ship DVD's to the Great White North.

Take off! ;D

Jc

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 04:51:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42