What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima Prices?  (Read 24541 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Optima Prices?
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2005, 02:10:57 pm »
Someone guessed what you might do Drew Star...I am going with politician ......based on your answering of questions... ;)....just kidding.... ;)

I will once again ask you what haven't I answered? Was there something  I missed?

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2005, 02:10:57 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2005, 02:16:45 pm »
never mind whats the point.....You do not have to answer ....I was really curious about the Saturn thing and why so many feel so good about paying FULL STICKER price and how it simply shows that marketing and a buyers perception of things is what really matters most, the price is unimportant if it is perceived and as fair and reasonable ....I can understand your point about the Stereo but if it was on sale last week for the 8500.00 and this week it is on sale for the stereo cost difference ....than thats not fair however if it is less than the additional cost of the stereo than it is a still a sale .....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2005, 02:17:43 pm »
boy is this topic getting a lot of "airplay".
drewstar, i'm not a dealer, just a consumer. you can't compare a spa dealer to best buy or your local honda car lots. there is nowhere near the volume. its apples to oranges. as far as i could tell there is only 1 spa dealer for any of the brands we looked at, here in my area. off the cuff, there must be at least 50 different stores that want to sell me a plasma tv, washing machine, or a leather couch. there are at least 8 different honda dealers.
would more dealers lower the prices? maybe.... they wouldn't stay open long though. not enough customers. you know, you could always open a dealer for the manufacturer who makes the tub you want. then you might see the flip side of the coin.

BTW, read the fine print on those price guarentees. it has to be the same model #.for example: best buy and home depot both carry ge washing machines. thay may look the same each store gets exclusive model #'s. thats a whole separate post, so i will say no more.....

as to pricing, where have you shopped?? the majority of all the dealers i looked at, here in se VA, had the prices marked right on the tub.
i live in va beach. there's a caldera dealer in richmond (95 mles away). my comp has an office there, so i had some one i know up there stop in to get a price quote. he was quoted 8600 for the same tub that i pd 8100 for. prices are going to vary no matter where you are...... i stand by my earlier post, is it worth it to YOU??
i personally would not buy a rolex watch. they are wonderful watch, i have nothing against them, but to me, i would not pay more for a watch than i did for my spa. but that is just me.

I shopped 4 dealers here. None had the price marked.  The only place I went to that had the prices marked was a garage outift selling "discount spas".

One dealer (D1)I felt was playing games with me. He had the MSRP on the tub  and I asked "is that your price?"

"No, that's the MSRP" he replied.

"Oh, well what does this tub cost?" I asked.

"What do you think it's worth?" he replied.  

I left.  That's not how I prefer to shop.
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2005, 02:20:30 pm »

I shopped 4 dealers here. None had the price marked.  The only place I went to that had the prices marked was a garage outift selling "discount spas".

One dealer (D1)I felt was playing games with me. He had the MSRP on the tub  and I asked "is that your price?"

Now that is something I would never do ...We have all our prices plainly posted...
I do not blame you for walking out....

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2005, 02:50:00 pm »
ahhh... the plaid jacketed spa sales rep.... i agree with you there, worst kind of "stereo" ;D ;D typical kind of sales rep(yes, was intention play on the earlier ref ot the stereo sale) . i probably would have said something snappy like," not worth enough to buy it from you, goodbye." but thats just me.
if you dont mind me asking, where are you? 4 for 4 is not very good odds....maybe some off the dealers here or the websites could direct you to a better dealers???? i only had 1 "stupid" experience, and oddly enough, it was dealer who sold d-1, LA spas, and great lakes.

obi wan

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2005, 02:51:48 pm »
hey!?? how did this post go from 7 back to 6 pages??

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2005, 02:59:49 pm »
ahhh... the plaid jacketed spa sales rep.... i agree with you there, worst kind of "stereo" ;D ;D typical kind of sales rep(yes, was intention play on the earlier ref ot the stereo sale) . i probably would have said something snappy like," not worth enough to buy it from you, goodbye." but thats just me.
if you dont mind me asking, where are you? 4 for 4 is not very good odds....maybe some off the dealers here or the websites could direct you to a better dealers???? i only had 1 "stupid" experience, and oddly enough, it was dealer who sold d-1, LA spas, and great lakes.

I'm in central MA.  I have an old Nordic tub. However in 171 hours I will have a Tiger Rive Caspain sitting in my back yard.
07 Caldera Geneva

obi wan

« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2005, 03:05:37 pm »
OH MY GOSH!!
what are you doing sitting here typing??? your new spa will be there in only 10,260 minutes!! quick.. grab a towel! get you boom box! (unless you get the free stereo... oh wait, wrong maker ;D) i hope you have your suit on to save time.
above all, in a "few" minutes you will be in hot water, so enjoy.....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2005, 03:14:03 pm »
OH MY GOSH!!
what are you doing sitting here typing??? your new spa will be there in only 10,260 minutes!! quick.. grab a towel! get you boom box! (unless you get the free stereo... oh wait, wrong maker ;D) i hope you have your suit on to save time.
above all, in a "few" minutes you will be in hot water, so enjoy.....

Suits?  Nope Au-natural in my tub. So in order to save time I am not wearing any clothes.

Of course I don't think my boss is too  happy with it, and I think I may frighten the delivery guys.   :o
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 03:14:24 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

velocity23

• If it ain't broke...break it
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2005, 01:16:16 pm »
WOW!! This sure did get heated. Well anyway I contacted the dealer and the reply was "What free Stereo"....Go figure. After convincing him of the free stereo special, The price had to be reworked. it went from 9900.00 plus tax to 9700.00 plus tax. I thought the stereo was a 799.00 option...atleasy thats what he was charging me the first time for it. Well I guess its just a numbers game. I'm not the type of person thats wants something for nothing...I just want an honest deal without all the BS. Still up in the air. I will be visisting another dealer this weekend. We'll see.
Thanks to all that posted...it was pretty interesting.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2005, 01:41:21 pm »
i only had 1 "stupid" experience, and oddly enough, it was dealer who sold d-1, LA spas, and great lakes.

Can you go in more detail? If it's the dealer I think it is, it's the only one we didn't check out while we were shopping, they had replaced a pool liner for us a couple of years ago, with so-so results. ::)

Mine was the place on Lynnhaven, no water in any of the display tubs, due to "heath concerns" ???

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 02:00:58 pm »
FREE...get's attention.  For every person that realizes it's all a sales game, there are 10 that think it's legit.  Those ten are what it's all about, whether good or bad.  Plus your getting someone to buy something that they will love and not regret anyway...no guilt.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 02:00:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42