What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Optima Prices?  (Read 24587 times)

Mark_Vee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Optima Prices?
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2005, 10:34:00 am »
Drewster,

Just out of curiousity, in your "opinion"  How would you like to see the pricing structured on hot tubs?  And How would you say it is different than most other products we all can purchase today?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2005, 10:34:00 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2005, 10:39:52 am »
It's about being a wise shopper and getting a fair deal. As I mentioned earlier,  the current pricing structure is much more heavely skewed in the dealers favor than the consumer, more so than in other markets.  

Can you please explain exactly why and how you feel this way.... As a dealer I have no idea as what you mean...I know something I really like are nice watches   ( haven't bought one since I opened the store)....but prior to that, no place I could find would discount a Rolex ..I happen to prefer Breitling ...Regardless not a whole lot of retail discounters for them....Same kind of a thing with Tommy Bahama clothes I love their stuff but can't find any "deals" so If I want a shirt, its going to be at least a 100 bucks....I am at a loss to understand why so many feel that spas are some dark and evil place for dealers to sit and lay in  wait for unsuspecting .... unknowing people to walk in and attack .....I have said this many times before but from the dealers I have met.....THe vast majority are simply small business people who took a chance to open something in the community they live in ....Most really do seem to want to provide service to their customers and at a fair price .... So many items we all purchase vary greatly in price...Furniture......house wares....FLOORING now thats something that effects a thousand times more people than spas and has no price regulations and is  more costly as well.... Maybe someone can tell me why gas prices , where stations are supposed to only make a few penny's per gallon can vary by 30 cents a gallon for the same brand of gas ..... If someone wants to start having price regulations thats the place to start it effects all of us.....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 10:54:16 am by Mendocino101 »

Chris_H

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2005, 10:50:22 am »
Same kind of a thing with Tommy Bahama clothes I love their stuff but can't find any "deals" so If I want a shirt, its going to be about 100 bucks....

You must be one bad dresser...

:)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2005, 10:53:33 am »
I don't know maybe, I am .....But I do know I like Tommy Bahama clothes ....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2005, 11:00:26 am »
Amazing.

Where did you get "price regualtions?" from? Did you really infer from my comments that I was looking for regulations?  

Let me ask you:  Does everyone who comes into  the store over the course of 2 months pay the exact same price for the tub?
07 Caldera Geneva

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2005, 11:07:24 am »
Most dealers around here never change the prices of the tubs but do throw in extras, instore credit, payment terms etc
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2005, 11:35:29 am »
So are all the Spa dealers saying they don't negotiate with the buyer over the price?

07 Caldera Geneva

Chris_H

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2005, 11:37:30 am »
Most dealers do not change their prices.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2005, 11:39:30 am »
Amazing.

Where did you get "price regualtions?" from? Did you really infer from my comments that I was looking for regulations?  

Let me ask you:  Does everyone who comes into  the store over the course of 2 months pay the exact same price for the tub?

For the most part YES....some people want different things included but by and large yes most everyone pays the same ...the window may change by 200.00 for varying reasons... As to why I infer about pricing what is it that you want to see... you do not answer any questions only ask questions and make statements that seem to be lacking in credible example or reason...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2005, 12:03:47 pm »
For the most part YES....some people want different things included but by and large yes most everyone pays the same ...the window may change by 200.00 for varying reasons... As to why I infer about pricing what is it that you want to see... you do not answer any questions only ask questions and make statements that seem to be lacking in credible example or reason...

Welcome to the conversation. I want a  free steroe.

07 Caldera Geneva

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2005, 12:09:37 pm »
I want a free gazebo with mini bar and galley kitchen, plasma tv and a massaging chair.  Any deals like that out there??  OH yeah, I also want the Leafs to win the cup.
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Chris_H

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2005, 12:10:05 pm »
You won't get it.  Good luck trying.  

When one sale end another begins.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2005, 12:20:39 pm »
Ok I was half serious.  

You know what would make me as a consumer happy? I'd like to know that Joe Blow didn't pay $500-700 less for his hot tub 2 months ago.  

I'd like to have some price protection gurantee for the season.

I'd  like to see manufactuers who advertise free steroes actually have free steroes.

I'd like to see dealers advertise thier prices.

Oh, and toss in one of those rubber ducks too.  ;D

Re: Skewed in the salesman favor: When negotiating a price, the buyer does not always get the best price.  It varies. It will however never go below your price point. However it can and mostly sells for more.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2005, 12:23:05 pm »
lol...Your still not answering any questions...but if you ever do heres another for you... Do you believe in " Free Delivery" if so you must think the guys showing up with the truck and their time are volunteers ....Its great to get a good and fair deal and it should be like that always .....but to really think you are going to get something for nothing is foolish .... You want a free stereo ask the dealer to show the MSRP on the spa and tell him fine throw in the stereo and hes got a deal ...Of course that free stereo may cost you a few thousand extra ....but hey just think you are at that Saturn dealer you mentioned earlier and paying FULL RETAIL is something you can feel good about if its marketed right....

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2005, 12:28:32 pm »
Ok I was half serious.  

You know what would make me as a consumer happy? I'd like to know that Joe Blow didn't pay $500-700 less for his hot tub 2 months ago.  

I'd like to have some price protection gurantee for the season.

I'd  like to see manufactuers who advertise free steroes actually have free steroes.

I'd like to see dealers advertise thier prices.

Oh, and toss in one of those rubber ducks too.  ;D

You must have never worked in retail, First why does almost every retail store out there run adds and offer special sales even stores like Costco with the seasonal coupon book but try and get the price with out the coupon or a week after it expired ....its not going to happen .... Retailers in all trades run promotions to bring people into the store has been happening for hundreds of years .....People like a sale ...and some simply are better than others ......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2005, 12:28:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42