What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In ground spas.  Where to find them??  (Read 4730 times)

sobejimmy

In ground spas.  Where to find them??
« on: June 10, 2005, 11:00:28 am »
Hello everyone!

I've just started my search for an "in ground" type spa/hot tub on the internet and in my local area (Miami, FL) and am surprised to find that they are almost non-existant!!  

I've searched through the forum posts here and didn't see anything.  I have tried Google and a couple other search engines too and while I get a lot of references to websites with "in ground" spas, when I actually visit the website there's only info on the portable types.

Am I doing something wrong??  Has anyone else had a similar experience locating the "in ground" spas and could help point me in the right direction??  

I'm really not interested in the portable types due to aesthetic reasons (even though I can see the obvious reasons why many people would opt for that style).

Thanks all!!
Jimmy

Hot Tub Forum

In ground spas.  Where to find them??
« on: June 10, 2005, 11:00:28 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: In ground spas.  Where to find them??
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 11:38:13 am »
CalSpas.com designer series.
-SpaMan~

jss944

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 06:32:52 pm »
I believe that Hydropools have them as well.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 06:42:30 pm »
Sundance has three model for inground applications, they are the optima, the cameo and the marin.  All three are 2 pump systems and differ from the amenities in the portable versions.  Check out their web site for "Inground models"and locate a dealer.

sobejimmy

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 06:28:48 am »
Just wanted to say thanks to all that responded!!  I guess I need to be more diligent with my online searches!  The websites you gave me are all very worthwhile!!

Again,  much thanks!!

Jimmy

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 10:11:28 am »
sometimes it's easier to ask, and hey, it makes us look good when we have the right answer. ;D

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 10:21:26 am »
Sundance Spas has a great inground spa program with a UL listed equipment pack. Over the years, we have installed hundreds of inground models. Now they offer only three, these are their most popular models in the most popular colors. This week alone, 2 more were installed, they are STUNNING...

hottuber... ;D

spaman--

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 10:24:40 am »
I have some pics I can e-mail you of a few of ingrounds that CalSpas has done they  are beautiful.Send me a private message and i will send you information as well, if interested.
-SpaMan~

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 10:55:34 am »
http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com/index.html

Hydropool spas do offer the ability to purchase the spa without the cabinet. Not many manufacturers offer this as the cabinet in most spas is part of the structural integrity of the unit. Hydropool has a self supporting cradle built into the structure of the spa allowing a variety of applications and we do have representation in Florida.

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 11:13:57 am »
Before you install an in-ground, be aware of a few differences.

The typical in-ground tub makes you wait to get in, has basic bench seating (the Sundance does offer more up-to-date seating) and pool-type equipment.

The one thing an in-ground tub will do is not look like a box of hot water sitting on your patio.

But what if you could have all the benefits of a self-contained tub without the big box sitting there? You know - walk up and get in anytime day or night without waiting, low operating costs, full warranty from one source instead of the various equipment makers etc. , digital controls, more advanced massage action from a larger variety of jets, no external equipment pad to set up, no real need for weekly pool service - etc.

Try choosing a self-containted hot tub and setting it down in a vault. May end up costing the same or less, and can look every bit as good if you are careful with the design.

This tub normally has an insulated lid sitting on it - it stays hot all the time. But when you want it to look like an in-ground, remove the cover and set it aside. HotSpring puts in a color-changing light and now has some water falls built in for a more dazzling look at night.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman--

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 11:30:24 am »
Pretty!
-SpaMan~

Texas_Tubs

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 03:27:09 pm »
That is very interesting Chas, I really like that concept.  If you don't mind me asking what kind of vault are talking about.  And can you do this with any self contained spas.  How would you access the equipment?  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 05:16:19 pm »
Well the tub in the picture has a removable planter box which allows for access to the goodies. The lady who owns it is very into the right color for the right season, so the plants in the planter are in pots to allow them to be roatated seasonally. That makes it easy to pull them out and lift out the box as needed.

The vault idea can be used for any in-gound tub: you dig to the desired depth and pour a slab. Line the sides with some form of retaining wall, cap it with a deck and set the spa in.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spaman--

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 09:58:08 pm »
CalSpas....
-SpaMan~
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 09:58:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42