What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pre-measured doses - Simple Life  (Read 3240 times)

CTMike

• Caldera Geneva
Pre-measured doses - Simple Life
« on: June 17, 2005, 11:30:35 am »
Hello Folks.

I have been lurking and learning for the past 5 months. We installed a Cladera Geneva in March and we couldn’t be happier with our hot tub life under our new pergola.

Anyway, I decided to register to share a tip that I am sure others can use.

After determining how much dichlor I needed to use on a daily basis (I am using the Vermonter method), I purchased 100 film canisters from Ebay and pre-measured the just less than 2 teaspoons in advance. These are then stored in a small basket near the door to the hot tub. Another basket receives the empties.

This has made it easy for me, my wife and especially my 18, 20 year olds. If they have friends over, they have been instructed to use and extra “capsule” for each 2 bathers.

I urge you to give this some consideration. I happened to buy these 100 canisters for $10 on Ebay, but I now understand that sometimes photo centers (Wal-mart) may give them out for free.

While preparing my second batch this morning, I realized it was time to stop lurking.

Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Pre-measured doses - Simple Life
« on: June 17, 2005, 11:30:35 am »

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
Re: Pre-measured doses - Simple Life
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 12:02:01 pm »
Sounds like a great idea!!  I had thought of doing the same thing with my last spa and never got around to it.  But while I'm waiting for my new spa to be delivered I'm going to start preparing!!!

Thanks for the great tip!!!

Susan

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 12:44:07 pm »
That is a great tip!

Glad you decided to join and share!  Stick around, you may come up with some other great ideas to share with the rest of us!!!

Welcome!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 01:16:49 pm »
Great way to come out of the closet!  Or perhaps I should say shadows.  ;) I do something similiar, but the beauty of your suggestion is it helps the others in your family add when needed.  Makes good sense.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 01:57:25 pm »
Posted by: CTMike Posted on: Today at 11:30am

Hello Folks.  

I have been lurking and learning for the past 5 months. We installed a Cladera Geneva in March and we couldn’t be happier with our hot tub life under our new pergola.  

Sorry for the inntruption but what is a pergola!?!?

CTMike

• Caldera Geneva
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 02:02:40 pm »
Susan, I know how hard the wait can be.. We started looking for tubs before Thanksgiving, purchased tub in December and needed to get the deck enlarged before we could take delivery. It came in when predicted by dealer, but we needed to wait 3 more weeks to be ready. Then we needed the pergola install and the juice.

You may want to get the canisters, but don't fill them ahead until you zero in on the right dose for your particular set-up.

Lori, thanks for your welcome -- you know, I am not sure BUT, I may have learned the importance of a wet test from your posts ;)

Here is a link to our paradise. It is featured on the pergola supplier’s website. Click of the picture for a larger view.

http://www.baldwinpergolas.com/custom/

Backpains -- look around the linked site and you will see pergolas!

Mike
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 02:05:34 pm by dambrose »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 02:39:03 pm »
Are we talking about the old black cans with plastic covers?  Can we assume that the chems won't react with these plastics?  Better safe than sorry...  (Great idea, if it's chemical proof! :)  )
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 02:39:28 pm by leesweet »
--
Lee

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 03:37:59 pm »
Welcome and Great Tip

I was going to do the same thing  for my family to use the dichlor and MPS but found mixing spoons in the dollar store that had the same proportions as needed. My tub is 400 gallons (that is IF I EVER GET IT GOING AND THE DECK FINISHED - LOL)

teaspoon, tablespoon and 1/4 cup - easy enough to use.

MPS = 2 oz = 1/4 cup per 500 gallons.

dichlor = 1 or 2 teaspoons and or 1 or 2 tablespoons.

Metered dosing certainly would be easier but alas I'm sure my family would always have empties and wouldn't let me know!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 04:48:59 pm »

Lori, thanks for your welcome -- you know, I am not sure BUT, I may have learned the importance of a wet test from your posts ;)

Mike

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 06:06:55 pm »
We're supposed to wet test them? I thought you're supposed to buy them from a catalog! ;) ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 06:06:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42