What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic Spa, Marq Epic, HS Envoy & SD Maxxus Review  (Read 21490 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Anybody own an ARCTIC spa or tried one out???
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 07:20:17 pm »
It to me really seems like you got a very poor demo of the Epic .... all the seats in the spa can have jets working if you want them ...but what really makes the Marquis spas shine is their ability to isolate muscle groups and work them one at a time ....They can do this because they have a patent on the only 3 way value in the industry ..no other therapy jet has the water flow of their HK40 which is up to 40 GPM on each jet ...If I am correct the next largest in the industry is 20 GPM ... Wet test each spa to see what is best for you in the end thats what really matters most ..It does seem to me that you were given a very poor demo of the Epic ....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2005, 07:20:17 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 07:38:00 pm »
It's very curious as well as interesting to watch. Most of these posters have a pretty short shelf-life and dissappear quickly.

A wise person one said, "All things in Moderation:  "  ;D ;) ;D ;)

Whenever these discussions come about from several brands that are not in my area, I check the websites of those brands to see if there are any new dealers.  I find it annoying that Artic will only list a dealer within 40 miles on ther website. That seems a bit restrictive to me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 07:46:45 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 08:04:57 pm »
Number of motors has nothing to do with flow.  Marquis used three motors in 2000 and got 330 gpm vs. 320 out of two with the Epic.  You can run the calf and thigh jets at the same time.  You can also run all the standard jets in 5 seats for a crowd at the same time.  You never mention the interactive pillar post for total body therapy.  Marquis siding is a wood composite.  Sounds like your story already had an ending.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 09:57:53 pm »
I have to agree with previous writer...you have not been properly trained on how to operate the Epic.  It is very simple with instruction, but without knowing anything....The first time to drive a Nascar ride would probably be difficult to master..but once you do

O-Ren_Ishi_I

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2005, 11:10:41 pm »
Trained?  I tell you we spent an hour in there and even there "virtual model" on the internet doesn't allow you to turn on more than one section of the lounger at a time... Believe me, they are in the top running so if need be, I can go back and check it out again to give them the proper chance...

And in defense of the brand, it wasn't the dealer/salesperson who was there, it was the installer so perhaps he just didn't know...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 01:09:37 am »
Trained?
And in defense of the brand, it wasn't the dealer/salesperson who was there, it was the installer so perhaps he just didn't know...

Well that does say  a lot .... It seems like he did not know how to show you or perhaps he did not understand how to fully work the spa...but ....you do need to understand that if you want all jets to work at once ....try the everyday line ....if you want deep therapy that works deep into the muscle tissue ....than to do it effectively you have to have a high flow system ....any maker out there can put lots of smaller jets in their spa and run them all at once....but it will not give you the deep therapy that many desire .... I am amazed at those who claim large horse power numbers or 100 jet spas ..... the over whelming majority run off 50 amp circuits with a few running on 60 ...but in either case they will only drive so much ....there are no magic motors out there no matter what a certain gentleman may say out in Colorado ....

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 05:33:45 am »
All this talk about deep muscle therapy, my little 3.5 HP motor can make my muscles and skin hurt after to long so I have to turn it down. Am I missing something? We have it on high with the air blower on for 10 minutes and then low with no air for 45
Retired

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2005, 11:39:39 am »
All this talk about deep muscle therapy, my little 3.5 HP motor can make my muscles and skin hurt after to long so I have to turn it down. Am I missing something? We have it on high with the air blower on for 10 minutes and then low with no air for 45

That is exactly what I am talking about but it has nothing to do with horse power ...If you have a Hi Flow jet one that puts out a larger volume of water ....than sitting in front of it for longer than 10 minutes is not a problem with the skin hurting or itching and it allows though the heat and water massage to work deeper into the muscle tissue ... Horse power means nothing .... smaller jet openings are what cause the skin to itch much more than the larger openings will ....

O-Ren_Ishi_I

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 01:31:00 am »
if anybody has any more information about Epic spas by Marquis and whether or not they have full jetting for the whole lounger... Please let me know...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 02:52:46 am »
if anybody has any more information about Epic spas by Marquis and whether or not they have full jetting for the whole lounger... Please let me know...

Considering that you have tried one and are now an expert on the line!?

I honestly believed you to be a true shopper but with comments like this you fit right into the category of Arctic troll. There have been a few on this site but more on some of the other forums. Hopefully your not however most real customers don’t consider themselves experts after a couple of wet tests and certainly don’t attempt to undermine a product line for no apparent reason!

If anyone would like to see for themselves what an Epic is like let me know and I will get you set up with your own wet test. I wouldn't expect you to be foolish enough to just believe what myself or anyone else has to say without giving it a try for yourself. After all, I even met someone today that doesn't like Chocolate! (Perish the thought!)

zzaphod42

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 11:02:29 am »
Considering that you have tried one and are now an expert on the line!?

I honestly believed you to be a true shopper but with comments like this you fit right into the category of Arctic troll. There have been a few on this site but more on some of the other forums. Hopefully your not however most real customers don’t consider themselves experts after a couple of wet tests and certainly don’t attempt to undermine a product line for no apparent reason!

No disrespect Stuart, but that seems a bit harsh. The customer is trying to find out if you can run all of the jets on the lounger of the Epic at the same time. Maybe I missed it, but nowhere did the customer state that they were an expert.

They are also saying that they would want the jets going at the same time. I am not sure why that is a problem???

I imagine for the majority of customers that buy a Marquis, the Tri-zone massage is a huge selling feature, just like for a Beachcomber the Protec is a huge selling feature. However, neither works for everyone, which is why both companies offer alternatives.

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 12:11:21 pm »

I have yet to have the pleasure of trying the Epic wet though I am somewhat familiar with how the Marquis tri-zone works. I am interpreting your "full jet therapy" to mean that you want all the jets in the lounger on at the same time.

With any of their tri-zone diverter valves you can choose to turn the knob such that it is inbetween "2 zones" thereby allowing flow to 2 of the 3 zones at the same time - of course the 2 zones will share the flow of the water and effectively give you "half strength" in each of the 2 zones.

So from my understanding of their tri-zone system and by looking at the interactive flow on their site...  I don't believe you can have "full jet therapy" on the lounger. This would be your choices in the lounger seat:

- Back only (with "Overall" tri-zone setting)
- Thighs only
- Calves only
- Feet only

- Thigh/Calves sharing (sharing the flow)
- Calves/ Feet sharing

With additional playing you can set the "tri-zone control" between "to adirondack chair flow control" and "Overall" and have these options by sharing the flow with even more jets:

- Back/Thigh sharing
- Back/Calves sharing
- Back/Feet sharing

- Back/Thighs/Calves sharing
- back/Calves/Feet sharing
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 12:24:14 pm by empolgation »
e

O-Ren_Ishi_I

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2005, 12:32:20 pm »
I have yet to have the pleasure of trying the Epic wet though I am somewhat familiar with how the Marquis tri-zone works. I am interpreting your "full jet therapy" to mean that you want all the jets in the lounger on at the same time.

With any of their tri-zone diverter valves you can choose to turn the knob such that it is inbetween "2 zones" thereby allowing flow to 2 of the 3 zones at the same time - of course the 2 zones will share the flow of the water and effectively give you "half strength" in each of the 2 zones.

So from my understanding of their tri-zone system and by looking at the interactive flow on their site...  I don't believe you can have "full jet therapy" on the lounger. This would be your choices in the lounger seat:

- Back only (with "Overall" tri-zone setting)
- Thighs only
- Calves only
- Feet only

- Thigh/Calves sharing (sharing the flow)
- Calves/ Feet sharing

With additional playing you can set the "tri-zone control" between "to adirondack chair flow control" and "Overall" and have these options by sharing the flow with even more jets:

- Back/Thigh sharing
- Back/Calves sharing
- Back/Feet sharing

- Back/Thighs/Calves sharing
- back/Calves/Feet sharing

Thank you,,, I noticed more of what you were saying while I wet tested.  

And just to confirm, you can get 2 of the lower but definatly not all three zones, back, thigh calf, at once?

No, stuart I am not an expert, but that is what I want... So instead of deamonizing me for asking a question, why don't you explain the process and therefore help marquis out... instead of giving them a bad name...  

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2005, 02:11:49 pm »

Thank you,,, I noticed more of what you were saying while I wet tested.  

And just to confirm, you can get 2 of the lower but definatly not all three zones, back, thigh calf, at once?

No, stuart I am not an expert, but that is what I want... So instead of deamonizing me for asking a question, why don't you explain the process and therefore help marquis out... instead of giving them a bad name...  

You are absolutely correct! That was very harsh! I misread the "If anyone has info" as "If anyone wants info" Talk about putting your foot in your mouth!! :-[ I'm embarrassed... :-[

I don't often get harsh like that it just hit me wrong from my interpretation. Sorry....didn't mean to take my bad day out on you :)

Now as far as the lounge, you can put the valves at in-between points in real life where the virtual interactive won't let you do this. If I where you I would go back and play with it a bit. In fact PM me with the dealer and I will call them and walk them through the demo so that they can show you in person. 8)

BTW… The bigger question here again is, regardless of whether or not you can turn everything on at once, can you get that intensity of massage on each body part individually on any other spa? I have yet to find it.

Hey, I started out a great freindship with WindSurfDog by first attacking his point of veiw. Maybe this is the beguining of something good!! ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 02:18:31 pm by stuart »

zzaphod42

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 02:30:48 pm »
You are absolutely correct! That was very harsh! I misread the "If anyone has info" as "If anyone wants info" Talk about putting your foot in your mouth!! :-[ I'm embarrassed... :-[

I don't often get harsh like that it just hit me wrong from my interpretation. Sorry....didn't mean to take my bad day out on you :)

Now as far as the lounge, you can put the valves at in-between points in real life where the virtual interactive won't let you do this. If I where you I would go back and play with it a bit. In fact PM me with the dealer and I will call them and walk them through the demo so that they can show you in person. 8)

BTW… The bigger question here again is, regardless of whether or not you can turn everything on at once, can you get that intensity of massage on each body part individually on any other spa? I have yet to find it.

Hey, I started out a great freindship with WindSurfDog by first attacking his point of veiw. Maybe this is the beguining of something good!! ;)

Great post Stuart!

(sorry to hear you are/were having a bad day)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2005, 02:30:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42