What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cloudy water  (Read 3500 times)

nicker

cloudy water
« on: June 11, 2005, 04:06:50 pm »
I always have said I never have any water problems well last night I used the tub and this morning went out for a soak and HOLY CRAP!  My water is cloudy.   Ran some tests and my clorine was low and my Alk was a touch high.  But nothing I have not seen before.  So I adding some spa clear and shocked and then added some dichlor later on and still cloudy water.  I then added some PH reducer to try to bring the alk down so now I just have to wait and see.

I am really not due for a water change until the end of the month.  That would only then be three months and I have not used it anymore then normal.  I have gone four months before with heavy use and didn't have this problem.  I would like to avoid a water change for a few weeks but what do you guys and gals think?

Hot Tub Forum

cloudy water
« on: June 11, 2005, 04:06:50 pm »

nicker

Re: cloudy water
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 08:01:55 am »
WOW 60 views and look at all those replys.   But I do have clear water again at any rate.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 08:45:18 am »
I think the reason that nobody responded to your post nicker is because this topic has been addressed numerous times on this forum and great deal of information can be found with a quick search. If you are still unable to rectify your problem ( I see that you've managed to solve it), then a re-post stating that would probably get more noticed.

Hope this helps.

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 09:06:33 am »
Keep in mind you posted in the afternoon on a weekend, and didn't see a reply the next morning. It sounded like you shocked, but the water doesn't clear instantly.  Now its clear, it sounds like you handled it ok all by yourself.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Soakin

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:47:52 pm »
...My water is cloudy.   Ran some tests and my clorine was low...
You probably just had something growing that the chlorine/shock took care of.  It sometimes can take a couple of large doses of dichlor and a couple of days to knock out the invader.  Patience! ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 01:47:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42