What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Damn thieving little jackasses!  (Read 13010 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Damn thieving little jackasses!
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:40:25 pm »
Somebody just tried to break into my store.  I stopped by here on my way home from a softball game.  I was working on a new Spa Wars installment and somebody was trying to break in the backdoor 6' away from me.  I grabbed my .45 Sig and yelled "Get away from that damn door!" as loud as I could.

I then ran out on my deck and saw 2 white males running down the hill and across the road.  I yelled as loud as I could that I would "Blow their blankin' heads off if they ever came back, you little co88su##%$4rs!"  They kicked it in high gear and ran behind the Cingular cell phone center and, I'm sure, back to their slummy apartment complex.

Anyway, called the police, gave a description, they tried to find them, came and talked to me, and basically told me to do whatever I had to do if I feel threatened in the future.

I'm glad I live in Texas.

Good night, ya'll.  Stay safe.

Chris O
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Damn thieving little jackasses!
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:40:25 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Damn thieving little jackasses!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 09:45:06 pm »
I'm glad that you are capable of protecting your property and self!!!

Sorry!!  I bet they won't be back anytime soon!!!!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:04:28 pm »
I wish some of the cops around here would get that attitiude.  

I bet our crime rate would go down a bit if just one story about a lawfully armed citizen thwarting a would be mugger or rapist would ever get reported.  

Brewman

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:17:08 am »
Somebody just tried to break into my store.  I stopped by here on my way home from a softball game.  I was working on a new Spa Wars installment and somebody was trying to break in the backdoor 6' away from me.  I grabbed my .45 Sig and yelled "Get away from that damn door!" as loud as I could.

I then ran out on my deck and saw 2 white males running down the hill and across the road.  I yelled as loud as I could that I would "Blow their blankin' heads off if they ever came back, you little co88su##%$4rs!"  They kicked it in high gear and ran behind the Cingular cell phone center and, I'm sure, back to their slummy apartment complex.

Anyway, called the police, gave a description, they tried to find them, came and talked to me, and basically told me to do whatever I had to do if I feel threatened in the future.

I'm glad I live in Texas.

Good night, ya'll.  Stay safe.

Chris O

Is that the second ammendment Tx? Here in Northern Minnesota it also keeps us safe.

I think I woulda cranker one or two off in the air just for kicks!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:18:07 am by Tman122 »
Retired

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 09:46:18 am »
God Bless Texas.  Cops telling you to defend yourself.   honestly, if MA police officer told a citizen to defend himself, I truley belive that police officer would be repamanded if not fired.  Citizens here are sued for defending themselves. I really do fear the MA leaders and goverment and feel for the citizens of this commonwealth :-[

I am glad to hear you are ok.

07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 10:46:29 am »
What's funny is that yesterday morning, I took my Walther P-99 and one of my AR-15's to the gun shop for some modifications, so I felt kind of naked with just the .45.

Anyway, I got a fairly good look at the little peckerheads.  If I'd of thought about it quicker, I would of hit them with the 10,000,000 candlepower spotlight I have sitting on the shelf and took their picture!  I guess I just weren't prepared. :-[

Terminator

dkersten

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 12:12:48 pm »
I really hate it when people think they can just steal from you.  I used to work in audio, and some of the stories of people stealing during business hours, or breaking in at night can be quite amusing now, but when it happens you tend to want to shoot them, and then buy a bigger lock.  

Nothing brings home the usefulness of a gun like someone invading your space, whether it be at home or at your business.  

BTW, my favorite after hours break in story is the one where the guy used a roof jack to open the roof up and climb down.  Once he got through the tar and tore open the metal with the roof jack, the hole was a bit jagged.  In climbing down he cut himself up pretty good.  The best part however is he cleared off a shelf in the back room and climbed out, but the shelf was the warranty shelf so he stole a couple armfulls of broken stereo equipment!  To make it even funnier though, I was telling the story to my bowling team last year (the breakin was about 15 years ago) and one of my teammembers goes "Oh, that was Jack!".. I looked at him funny and he said that he was friends with the kid that did it.. knew the whole story from the thiefs perspective..

I have a few more good stories of incompetent thieves if anyone is interested.. its amazing how dumb people can be..

One more thing, while it would be tempting to fire a couple shots off to drive home the point to the would-be-thieves, you always gotta remember that the bullet will land someplace.. and nothing makes a bad night worse than by landing a bullet on top of someones head by mistake.

badval

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 01:09:15 pm »
One more thing, while it would be tempting to fire a couple shots off to drive home the point to the would-be-thieves, you always gotta remember that the bullet will land someplace.. and nothing makes a bad night worse than by landing a bullet on top of someones head by mistake.

Not to mention you would not be justified shooting in that case (at them or into the air) & would find yourself going from the "victim" in the first complaint to the "perp" in the second complaint.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 02:19:58 pm »
I thought you said I could stop by anytime, you didn't say the place had to be open.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 02:27:45 pm »
I thought you said I could stop by anytime, you didn't say the place had to be open.

If that truly was you, I have to admit that you can flat out pick em up and put em down when somebody's yelling bloody murder at you! ;D

Terminator

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 06:33:04 pm »
I live in a beach neighborhood in CA, 2 blocks away from the "main drag" where all the bars are.  I get drunks walking by my house all the time.  I can't really complain, sometimes I'm one of the drunks.

Last week I had fallen asleep on the couch.  At 2:15 am I am awoken when I hear my front gate open and close. I look at the clock.  "Who the hell is in my front yard at 2:15am?"

My front fence is a 3' picket fence.  On my front porch are 2 chairs and an empty cooler.

I look out the window and see an obviously drunk man opening my cooler.  He must have thought there might be some beer in there.  It was empty.

He starts to walk away, then he sees the chairs, and grabs one, and starts for the front gate.

I step out on the porch in my "South Park" boxer shorts and nothing else (not a pleasant site, as I sit at a computer all day) and yell "Leave the f***ng chair!"

He lamely says "sorry", puts it down, opens the gate and hurries away.

So, he see's the cooler, thinks he might score a beer.  I can understand how a drunk guy might think that.  But then, no beer, "Hmm, these are nice chairs..."

I don't get it.

I was awake for the next hour and a half. :)

-geekd

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 06:39:09 pm »
In Texas, you could have legally shot that drunken SOB! :)

Terminator

In Canada eh

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
Terminator

Hey Term, glad to hear your OK with no loss of life or limb on your part.   Thankfully, it wasn't some strung out  crackhead with his own AK-47 and just some stupid kids.

The whole story just gets me pissed over our stupid Canadian gun laws,  criminals have them but I can"t :(
Bullfrog 451

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 07:46:43 am »
That's the result of gun laws (or so called gun control).  Criminals don't obey the law anyway, so the gun control laws don't impact them.  Gun laws are only followed by those of us who are law abiding in the first place, making those laws useless.  
 These laws are created and enacted by people who won't apply logic to their process.

Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 07:54:41 am »
Ok, Term, I know you go for the real stuff....but if you had a paintball gun, you could have at least decorated your visitors.  Not only are the paintballs colorful, they stink like fish...and sting like crazy...I think they are made from some sort of fish oil.  So I think you need to "up your arsenal" and invest in a high power paintball gun!  :o ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 07:54:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42