What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub - bad for boys???  (Read 10834 times)

Gman

hot tub - bad for boys???
« on: June 11, 2005, 06:10:07 pm »
My sister in law told me to watch the amount of time my son spends in the tub - that it was bad for sperm count (or would reduce it later - he's only 8 ...

Has anyone else heard this -- is it true or an urban legend?  I don't let him spend much time in anyway (only while I'm there).  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 06:10:33 pm by Gman »

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub - bad for boys???
« on: June 11, 2005, 06:10:07 pm »

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
Re: hot tub - bad for boys???
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 06:43:48 pm »
I've heard that. I don't know if it's true or not, maybe check with his Pediatrician?  One thing I do know is boxers are preferred over briefs.. as far as sperm count goes.  I would imagine that exposure to very hot temps could possibly affect them.  Good question. I have a son but he's only 10 months. We are in the process of buying a hot tub.   I'd love to know what you find out.

Rachel

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 07:25:51 pm »
I think it can kill sperm that has already been produced .....but I have never heard anything about it having any effect on the ability to produce sperm ....

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 07:29:51 pm »
No ---sitting in a hot tub for any length of time will not effect the future fertility of your son.

However, it does temporarily effect the sperm count of fertile men. I have had a customer that had to opt out of using a hot tub in order to ensure enough of his 'swimmers' were available to impregnate his wife, as they were trying for a baby.

On the other end of the spectrum I did view a documentary some time ago of some European (nordic?) men soaking their testicles in very hot water on a regular basis as an experiemental means of birth control. They did find that this 'hot water testicle soaking' reduced their count to almost nil- of course, this did nothing to prevent std's and wasnt 100% effective, and surely stung like hell.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 08:52:12 pm »
On the other end of the spectrum I did view a documentary some time ago of some European (nordic?) men soaking their testicles in very hot water on a regular basis as an experiemental means of birth control. They did find that this 'hot water testicle soaking' reduced their count to almost nil- of course, this did nothing to prevent std's and wasnt 100% effective, and surely stung like hell.

hummm what about Hot Wax... ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 08:52:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42