What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: adding a Natural Cedar siding to a SPA  (Read 6583 times)

O-Ren_Ishi_I

adding a Natural Cedar siding to a SPA
« on: June 06, 2005, 12:53:18 am »
After looking at the buetiful arctic spas siding with their natural cedar siding... Is this possible to do by hand with spa models such as Marquis Epic, Hotspring Envoy or Sundance Maxxus?  

If so or if anybody has done it could you please share?  

Hot Tub Forum

adding a Natural Cedar siding to a SPA
« on: June 06, 2005, 12:53:18 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: adding a Natural Cedar siding to a SPA
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 01:41:29 am »
Marquis has a one of  the highest grades of natural cedar that you will find...it is available as an option...stained or unfinished ...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 06:03:40 am »
Any one who knows a little about wood work would be able to build cedar spa sides that are better than any you could buy on any spa. Very simple wood work.
Retired

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:41:06 am »
I must say Artic make a beautiful spa.  What kind of prices were stated and what was included on the artic?  Are you seriously considering it?  Is it that you prefer the wood cabinet and if you considered other brands, you would want to replace the cabinet? ???
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 08:42:43 am by J._McD »

O-Ren_Ishi_I

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 09:43:18 am »
Yes, J McD... I like the natural wood cabinent... If I did choose something other than Arctic then I would want to change the siding... and I think yes, it would be easy and I built the deck so the cab shouldn't be that hard...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 05:42:11 pm »
Found these great Teak tung and groove slats the other day...wow what a beautiful cabinet they would make! Watched a guy split a cedar 4x4 on the diagonal and round it for a real nice corner piece that would also work well for the corner of a tub cabinet.
Retired

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 06:12:53 pm »
Beachcomber still has one of the nicest cedar cabinets in the industry as far as I'm concerned!

I'd buy the Arctic...keep the cedar and build a new shell for it! ;)

Steve

fletch49

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 06:21:21 pm »
Maybe if O-Ren_Ishi_I   can negotiate so well with cash, he could buy three or four spas, rip em apart, and build the mack daddy of all tubs..

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 08:30:51 pm »
The Cedar Siding on the Marquis comes from the same company in Canada that Arctic uses. The big differences are that Marquis builds their cabinets vertical with no lips or protrusions to collect dust or water (i.e. drip over lip) and does not use the heavy dark stain but rather a "natural stain.

You can also order the Marquis with a "Shiplap" siding where every board is individually dipped in the sealant much like in the ship building industry so no part of the board is without protection. This is nice because the parts of the wood that you can never get to and stain are protected. They will stay that way without sunlight and weather hitting them.

Again, I would like to extend an offer to help with your shopping by walking the dealer through the things that are important to you!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 06:15:58 am »
I wonder what that fake brick siding stuff for houses would look like on the cabinet of a spa?
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 07:42:55 am »
It would look like a barbecue pit, especially if the cover was off and the water was steaming.
Would be an interesting experiment.
Brewman
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 07:43:32 am by Brewman »
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 09:45:17 am »
If your interested in the Brick or stone look....Just hold on, I'm working on something for aftermarket!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2005, 06:39:12 am »
Stew...it's out there, it can be cut, it comes in a bunch of different styles, stone, different color brick, flagstone. There's trim and corners and it would be easy to mount on a cabinet, can't remember the name but I could look it up we mounted a wainscote on our bottom 4 feet of house. I think it comes in a cedar shake look also. I'll see if I can dig it up. But a kit would be cool and would make it easy for anyone to replace spa sides with a stone type pattern.
Retired

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 10:11:27 am »
Stew...it's out there, it can be cut, it comes in a bunch of different styles, stone, different color brick, flagstone. There's trim and corners and it would be easy to mount on a cabinet, can't remember the name but I could look it up we mounted a wainscote on our bottom 4 feet of house. I think it comes in a cedar shake look also. I'll see if I can dig it up. But a kit would be cool and would make it easy for anyone to replace spa sides with a stone type pattern.

Oh yes it is out there but nothing priced like we are working on nor do they own the patents on the processing!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 10:11:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42