What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm back again!  (Read 1838 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
I'm back again!
« on: June 07, 2005, 04:46:37 pm »
Ok gang...now I need some thoughts, I need ya'll to tell me what you think of this idea these two nuts of men have decided to put in my yard! Instead of steps off my porch and steps into the hot tub which ok I agree that is troublesome for me with my painful back problems (I look like a 95 year old woman going down the front stairs anyway) They have decided to put in a ramp of sorts, I will step up onto a ramp that will be hooked to the house that goes from the porch to the other end of the gazebo and be able to step down into the hot tub without steps. I think it's crazy enough to work fine, but I'd kind of like some thoughts on you all's part. Do you all think it's a good idea or think maybe you may have another idea?

Hot Tub Forum

I'm back again!
« on: June 07, 2005, 04:46:37 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: I'm back again!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 04:58:34 pm »
Oh and ps if yall do come up with any ideas...please do remember I'm on a bit of a budget about 4-500 ;D

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 08:20:35 pm »
 If I understand what you are asking, you want to attach a ramp to the house, (at the same level as the door), which would go to the rim of the spa. Thus you would be stepping into the spa as if it was sunken into the ground?

I'm no expert, but I think most here would recommend against this type of setup, as it is too easy to fall into the tub and hurt yourself.

I would compromise and have the ramp level the same as the entrance/cool-down seat inside the tub. That way you would walk up to the tub, sit down on the side, and swing your legs over into the cool down seat.

Don't forget to have them apply a paint/sand mixture on the walkway of the ramp, for extra skid resistance.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 08:20:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42