What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spas on Ebay  (Read 3707 times)

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
Spas on Ebay
« on: April 01, 2005, 05:06:07 pm »
What's the deal with these spas? Who would buy a spa on Ebay without looking at it?

These people are brave if you ask me.  ???
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 05:06:38 pm by nm-tn »

Hot Tub Forum

Spas on Ebay
« on: April 01, 2005, 05:06:07 pm »

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
Re: Spas on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 08:04:47 pm »
some people will buy anything on ebay, they feel like they are getting a deal.

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 08:11:29 pm »
Its probably the same people who answer the ads in the newspapers (new spa still in wrapper etc.)

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 08:42:28 pm »
Hey, do what you want, think what you want,  but I bought an 05 Grande over the internet - included upgraded cover, ceramic filters, steps and delivery.  Price is $8295. (With an extra $385 for the extra lighting to buy for the outside of the tub.)  The dealer was from Minnesota.  They sent a tech. all the way to Green Bay to help coordinate the the pad and electric.  Set up the initial chems. and even helped set up the flower pots around the this beautiful spa.

He slept in our guest room while he was here. ( He was quite the hunk...........if you know what I mean ladies.  I never knew a Sven could be so svelt. Oh yeah! ;) ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 09:25:06 pm »
Did you buy this spa without a wet test?  That alone is a reason.
Brewman
Brewman

alwaysperky

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 11:00:58 pm »
Sure, just went over to Twin Cities Hot Spring and in John Madden ease..........Boom! Did what need to be done.

mowgli1

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 11:11:31 pm »
Is  Sven coming back to do your warranty  work?

alwaysperky

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 11:27:00 pm »
Hmmmmm.......well I didn't think too much about warranty work since I bought probably the highest quality spa on the market.

And besides, I'm pretty good at building relationships.  I got to believe I wont have much trouble working with a few different folks that appreciate my business on Chems, filters, and the referrals I always give.  In fact I just found out tonight that Scott and Denise have been looking for some spa help too.

mowgli1

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 11:40:23 pm »
Aren't your  referrals going to ask the burning question? If this local dealer you buy all these chems and filters from is so great why didn't you buy your spa from him?

alwaysperky

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 12:09:58 am »
Let's see here:

1.) your sales rep wasn't very personable, they sat behind the desk and answered my questions with yes and no answers.
2.) Your sales rep wasn't very knowledgable, they answered my questions with their own questions?
3.)Instead of helping me buy a spa, your rep tried to sell me a spa...."What have I got to do to put you in a spa today?
and
4.) and your going to hate me for this...but April Fools!!!! ;D ;D

Forgive me? ???

mowgli1

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 08:20:28 am »
Sure, you're forgiven. You got me. I thought Sven sounded kinda fishy. ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 02:46:50 pm »
Got me. Totally.

:o
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 11:33:19 am »
So, has anyone here known anyone that bought a spa off Ebay?

They look like off brands and who would service them?

zzaphod42

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 01:26:39 pm »
So, has anyone here known anyone that bought a spa off Ebay?

They look like off brands and who would service them?

I have customers who were on the verge of buying a Beachcomber and on a whim checked the tubs on ebay. Well, they saw one tub with two minutes left that nobody had bid on and decided to go for it. I asked them about a year ago if they were still happy with their purchase, and the response I got was if they had it to do again they would not have went through ebay. However, for the price, they have had a tub that keeps the water warm, and provides at least a limited amount of jet action.

I have sold them a number of parts that needed to be replaced and their was no warranty. Fortunately they are fairly handy and have been able to do the repairs themselves. Ironically almost all of the parts they have needed were used on Beachcomber hot tubs about 10 years ago.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 06:02:58 pm »
Its probably the same people who answer the ads in the newspapers (new spa still in wrapper etc.)

OMG!!!! I'm not kidding about this my husband asked me to call on an ad in the newspaper that was a spa for sale 2800 bucks, so I did you know I can't even remember the darn brand name on it but, you know what the darn warrentee was??? It was a full warrentee for get this......18 months!

I said no thanks and hung up the phone!  never ever ever buy one off the internet or in the newspaper unless you know where it's coming from and who is selling it, I mean if it's your neighbor and you've actually sat in their hot tub and they are selling it, then by all means go for it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 06:02:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42