What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price Discount for cash?  (Read 4644 times)

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Price Discount for cash?
« on: May 21, 2005, 02:56:25 pm »
We' hope to order our Optima this weekend, not sure what kind of discount we can get, but we can pay cash out the door.  Have others received discounts/percentage off price for paying cash?

Hot Tub Forum

Price Discount for cash?
« on: May 21, 2005, 02:56:25 pm »

J._McD

Re: Price Discount for cash?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 03:29:05 pm »
There is nothing unusaual about cash.  To suggest there should be a discount for it, is to imply it is worth more than other forms of payment, or maybe can go unreported or by pass the books.   ::)

Frankly, if the dealer were to do this, his ethics and integrity would be questionable and would be considered dishonest.  If he were to short change the government, he would consider it ok to do the same to the customer.

Simply ask your dealer when you are prepared with cash in hand, if he would be willing to cut to the chase and finalize this transaction right now, paid in full and find out about his response.  Who knows what will happen, but it is certainly worth a shot, let us know how it works, it's really up to the other party to the transaction.

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 03:58:31 pm »
I'm sorry,  I certainly didn't mean to suggest any thing illegal. I know that when we were looking at Hot springs, the dealer brought up that he would take 3% percent off asking price if paying by cash over financing.  

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 04:10:12 pm »
We have a hard time saying no to people...As we try to be flexible when we can ......We know people want to save as much they can.... while cash offers no real benefit to us as a dealer as mentioned we still have to pay all fees due, to try and be a bit flexible and as a credit card does in fact cost us a fee .... we may offer a savings of $100.00 or maybe a store credit for extra needed supplies.....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 02:16:14 am by Mendocino101 »

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 07:54:48 pm »
We will discount the fee our card processor charges us. (Right around 2%) Quite frankly most of my customers want to get miles/points on their credit cards. As pointed out  earlier all these tubs are very easily traceable i.e. serial numbers, so taking cash really isn't a huge positive.for the dealer.

jaj111

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 09:50:38 pm »
I saved about $100.00 paying cash instead of credit card

dadofrad

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 03:45:03 pm »
cash ,check,visa we have to pay taxes the same  :-[ :'( :(

Evergreen

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 05:26:25 pm »
A Sundance dealer offer to take 2% off for cash.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 02:17:42 am »
A Sundance dealer offer to take 2% off for cash.

Which is about what a takes run a credit card ......a good deal for both really ....

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 02:49:58 pm »
We ordered our Optima 2 weeks ago and received 2% off for paying cash over financing.  Can't wait til our Optima is here.  We live in Northern Calif and over the weekend we went to Reno Nevada.  Stopped in at the SD store there as I was hoping to see the color/skirt combination I picked (my local store did not have it on the floor).  I was surprised to see how much the price can range from one area to another.  I feel even better about the price I paid.  Now to find an electrician, we are finding that is the hardest part of this whole project!  With the construction boom in CA,  everyone in that  industry is very busy.  We hope to be soaking sometime June.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 03:07:37 pm »
I think the bottom line is that if the dealer can save 2% (whatever) by doing cash, he will discount the price that amount.  There's no question of trying to cheat anyone, just getting what's due for not incurring the fees involved!

I intend on using some funds that are in my home equity line of credit for one reason or other, and, thus, the funds are cash to the dealer.

Of course, there are other reasons for using credit cards, including miles and warranty extension, although the last is usually not an issue with spas these days....
--
Lee

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 10:00:10 pm »
Credit cards cost me 1.65% on the total of the sale.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 12:42:58 am »
Credit cards cost me 1.65% on the total of the sale.

Funny, I pay 1.65% also and find that people will negociate and argue over a $17 bubble cover but refuse to save $100 on a spa puchase by going with our GE card or writing a check!

tstiffler

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 01:25:03 am »
When I originally posed this question, it was simply to find out if spa dealers were open to giving a discount on their asking price if the customer was able to pay cash.  I wanted folks opinions because a previous dealer mentioned it to me.  I try not to use credit cards for major purchases, am not interested in receiving points, just trying to get the best deal that I can.   I was able to save $180, so to me it was worth it. :)

J._McD

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 11:03:30 am »
You're d**n right it is, that is money that can be spent elswere, just because we call it disposable income doesn't mean we dispose of it. ;D

As a dealer, we get a lot of people who ask, "what is your price for cash?"  Then in discussion we adjust the price and then when we sit down to write it up, they pull out the credit card or finance it.  I guess we have to be more specific in our response, cash means cash, but then that is not very polite in the talking stages.  

Everybody pays for the cost of money, we have been advised that we can not discriminate on pricing cash vs. credit cards. :-/

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 11:03:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42