What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm sure you've been asked before....  (Read 3128 times)

lsacpa

I'm sure you've been asked before....
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:36:31 pm »
but in any event, I need help.  There are so many brands and type of hot tubs that how is someone (me) to ever decide?  The Saratoga salesman says his is the best.  The Hot Springs guy tells me theirs is tops.  Walmart even claims that their is made to all the specs of the big names.  Damn, even Home Depot sells em.  I live in NJ, plan to use it all year, am interested in having decent service if the need arises.
Any help available???

Hot Tub Forum

I'm sure you've been asked before....
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:36:31 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: I'm sure you've been asked before....
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 07:52:30 pm »
Wet test wet test wet test!!! try them all!! that's the only way to figure out which one you like, walmart and home depot and thermospas are all ones you cannot try so what I did was just take them out of my comparision shopping. I tried hot springs, bullfrog, caldera, and Coleman, and choose the coleman.

What you have to do is decide what your buying a hot tub for...like with me it was for some pain relief on my lower back so I was looking for a hot tub that had jets that hit my hips and lower back. Wet test all of them! soon you'll find your in spatopia with the rest of us!

mjb

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 07:52:57 pm »
Stick with a reputable hot hub dealer in your area.
Avoid the big box retailer for such items.
Check references and local BBB.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:57:39 pm »
Welcome!

Everyone sells THE BEST tub! At least that's what they want you to believe. The only BEST TUB FOR YOU is the one that you eventually settle on, enjoy and doesn't give you too much trouble!

Ask yourself what are you looking for in a tub and how much you want to spend. You can buy tubs from $3,500 to over $12,000. Obviously the more you spend the more "bells and whistles" a tub will have and a larger tub will cost more than a small tub.

Since you mentioned service - stay away from the Home Depot and Walmart stores - Maybe you will get warranty parts but not actual service people. If your handy then it may not matter.

As far as brands, well everyone here has or sells a lot of brands and except for a few outright crappy hot tub manufacturers out there, you can pick any brand. Read through the reviews and you will see what people think of their tub (even if it's their initial and happy view).

Living in NJ (I do too) almost any quality manufacturer will be good. I'm sure that people will chime in about their spas but look around and ask questions and learn WHAT YOU WANT in a tub. MANY people say wet test - if you can bring yourself to do it (I couldn't) then apparently your body will tell you which is right!

Good luck and if you have more questions the people here are great and will answer them!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:57:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42