What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Set temp - actual temp  (Read 2663 times)

Gman

Set temp - actual temp
« on: June 05, 2005, 07:36:20 pm »
I have a tiger river caspian (just got it) and haven't set up the appointment to have the dealer out  for start up yet.  The tub is filled, chems in and I have been using it all weekend.  So far everything is great.

My question is -- the displayed temp is the "set" temp but I don't seem to be able to display the actual temp.  I've looked through the manual but can't seem to find it.  So if the tub is actually 102 and I set the temp for 95 - that is what is shown...

Does anyone know if there is a way to display actual temp?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Set temp - actual temp
« on: June 05, 2005, 07:36:20 pm »

shabba34

Re: Set temp - actual temp
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:25:01 pm »
I have a tiger river caspian (just got it) and haven't set up the appointment to have the dealer out  for start up yet.  The tub is filled, chems in and I have been using it all weekend.  So far everything is great.

My question is -- the displayed temp is the "set" temp but I don't seem to be able to display the actual temp.  I've looked through the manual but can't seem to find it.  So if the tub is actually 102 and I set the temp for 95 - that is what is shown...

Does anyone know if there is a way to display actual temp?

Thanks!
The green ready light will let you know when the spa is at or near set temp.  I believe it is 1 1/2 deg on the high or low side, meaning when the ready light is lit, the spa is within that 1 1/2deg sensitivity setting on the high or low side.  Ex.  The spa may be set at 102, but actually temp out at 103.5 or 100.5.  If you have the spa set at 95 and it is hovering at 102 one of two things or three things, 1:  You just set it to 95 for the summer yesterday and have not given the spa enough time to cool off (remember, that spa has tremendous heat retention) 2:  The spa is in direct sunlight, and the summer has caused thermal creep in the tub.  Read the summer cycle part of your owners manual.  3:  Hi-limit problem, which is least likely.  And to answer ? about the actuall temp, "THERMOMETER" ;)    

aquaman

• justice league is on the hot line !
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 07:27:56 pm »
i don`t believe the tiger river spas show the actual water temp until the set temp is within the 1.5+/- as stated in the previous post. at least thats the way it is my begal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:46:02 pm »
I haven't given it much thought but I guess I like having my spa show both "set" temp and "actual" but at the same time, I've heard a few HUNDRED times too many how someone's "actual" temp display doesn't match the rubber ducky thermometer they have floating in the spa so maybe only showing the temp sitting isn't such a bad idea. ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:46:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42