What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Tri-Zone Control Question  (Read 5665 times)

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Marquis Tri-Zone Control Question
« on: June 03, 2005, 01:22:44 am »
Got my Marquis SA Euphoria delivered yesterday and installed today.  Marquis salesman told me that we shouldn't move the Tri-Zone control knob with the motors running.  He said we should turn the motors off, move the control then turn the motors back on.  I have read the manual and it doesn't say anything about doing this.  

Any of you know whether turning the motor off is necessary before moving zones?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Tri-Zone Control Question
« on: June 03, 2005, 01:22:44 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis Tri-Zone Control Question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 01:24:32 am »
Something I have never heard ....

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 01:38:29 am »
Something I have never heard ....

He said it had something to do with the fact that the pressure would break some plastic parts because of the power of the motors.  So, in your experience there is no problem with moving the tri zone contols anytime?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 01:42:14 am »
As a dealer. Marquis has never mentioned it to me and I have never had a single valve fail....Perhaps another dealer will chime in....but from what I know...I think it is unnecessary ....

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:43:07 am »
As a dealer. Marquis has never mentioned it to me and I have never had a single valve fail....Perhaps another dealer will chime in....but from what I know...I think it is unnecessary ....

Thanks, that is good to know.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 03:12:51 pm »
No problem with moving while pump on high speed.  However, as regular maintenance you should pull tri-zone out every 4-6 months and wipe down.  It's patented for unique diversion, but it also has more surface area for occaional build up to occur.  What area are you in?

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 11:38:35 pm »
FLTUB,

I have a 04 standard Euphoria and my dealer told me the same thing. How ever he said I could move the Tri-Zone valve on low speed or I  may break the plastic parts if I move it on high speed. I took his advice.  

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 01:22:14 am »
No problem with moving while pump on high speed.  However, as regular maintenance you should pull tri-zone out every 4-6 months and wipe down.  It's patented for unique diversion, but it also has more surface area for occaional build up to occur.  What area are you in?

I am in Northwest Florida, the panhandle.  

FLTUB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 01:28:34 am »
FLTUB,

I have a 04 standard Euphoria and my dealer told me the same thing. How ever he said I could move the Tri-Zone valve on low speed or I  may break the plastic parts if I move it on high speed. I took his advice.  

That is exactly what my dealer told me.  I was told the plastic parts cannot handle the pressure.  Changing them on low speed makes sense.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 02:58:01 am »
Any diverter is under more pressure on high speed and will have a tendency to put more stress on the plastic diverter handle.

It really has more to do with dirt and debris but really hasn't been a problem ever since Marquis went away from rubber "O" rings on the valve body and replaced them with Teflon. You can tell if that’s what you have by pulling the valve out and looking. If the "O"rings are black they are old style, if they are white they are new style.

Just use common sense and if the valve handle is not turning easily don't force it!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 02:58:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42