What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Purchased: 2004 Sundance Cameo  (Read 8805 times)

Revlis

Purchased: 2004 Sundance Cameo
« on: January 16, 2005, 07:25:20 pm »
Thanks everyone for your advice and comments.  I just put a deposit down for my hottub!  I'm very excited.   I went with the 2004 Sundance Cameo, with radio.  The salesman was great, and showed a quick fix for the diverter noise.  The cap tends to resonate the noise, so filling it with some spray foam fixes it right up.  There is still a little noise with the diverter in the half way position, but it's seriously amplified by the cap!  Taking the cap off (or filling it with the foam) reduced the noise tremendously!  He also confirmed however, that the fix in the 2005 models is retrofittable, but I think the foam will do.

Anyhow, I got the tub for $9299 (w/radio), with all the typical things included, $645 for the electrician, and I haven't gotten the quote yet for the concrete pad I'll need, but expect from $1200 to $1500.  

I'm going with the Bromine / CD ozonator as well.

Now I just have to plan the rest of the backyard out!  This is getting to be a lot of fun!

Hot Tub Forum

Purchased: 2004 Sundance Cameo
« on: January 16, 2005, 07:25:20 pm »

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
Re: Purchased: 2004 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 08:31:38 pm »
Revlis,
Congrats on your purchase. I own a Sundance Optima. The Cameo is a nice model. Use it in good health...
Any questions that you may have that you need assistance with, post it.
Welcome to the hot tub club... ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:23:35 am »
I used silicon caulk in the diverter knobs in the Optima.
It did lessen the noise, but the valve itself is still a bit noisy.
Anyone know what the cost of the new diverters would be?    I am running some errands later and will stop in the spa dealer and ask, if I have time.

Brewman
Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 11:09:23 am »
The salesman was great, and showed a quick fix for the diverter noise.  The cap tends to resonate the noise, so filling it with some spray foam fixes it right up.  There is still a little noise with the diverter in the half way position, but it's seriously amplified by the cap!  Taking the cap off (or filling it with the foam) reduced the noise tremendously!  He also confirmed however, that the fix in the 2005 models is retrofittable, but I think the foam will do.

Congratulations!!! Don't despair with the wait. It won't be long before you are soaking in pure bliss.

BTW. I dropped by my dealers last week and they had received some "NEW" Diverter valves.  So I took a couple (they were promised last year when I bought the tub) and installed them right away.  What a difference. The noise is all but gone away except in the very middle position. I may caulk the middle slot as well and see if that impart this even further but these new valves are great.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 11:10:13 am by doodoo »

ttodd1

• Life is so much better in my Cameo
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:49:41 am »
Congrats, great tub - if I do say so myself.   ;D  I too have the noise but have not thought about fixing it with caulk, maybe I will when it gets warmer.  The wait will be the hardest part but it will be well worth it in the end.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 12:58:02 pm »
Congratulations!!! Don't despair with the wait. It won't be long before you are soaking in pure bliss.

BTW. I dropped by my dealers last week and they had received some "NEW" Diverter valves.  So I took a couple (they were promised last year when I bought the tub) and installed them right away.  What a difference. The noise is all but gone away except in the very middle position. I may caulk the middle slot as well and see if that impart this even further but these new valves are great.

What are the cost of these new diverters?  Is this something that can easily be installed?  Or is it something best left for a dealer to do?  If the price is right this is something I'd consider doing...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

doodoo

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 01:02:49 pm »
What are the cost of these new diverters?  Is this something that can easily be installed?  Or is it something best left for a dealer to do?  If the price is right this is something I'd consider doing...

The cost to me was ZERO dollars so I do not know how much dealers will charge.  That was part of my purchase last summer. The valves were delayed a bit (not sure why) but as soon as my dealer got them in hey I was there.

They are ultra easy to install. Unscrew the top part and pull out the diverter, pull the two rubber seals from the previous valve and put onto the new ones and drop them in their slot. Screw on the new top and and voila. The whole process took me a total of 2 minutes.

I find that they look even better than the old ones because they are sleaker. And they definately cut down on the noise.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 04:09:36 pm »
doodoo...

After reading your post on the diverter valve, I decided to go home and replace mine. What a difference :o. It took me longer to get the diverter from my service department then it did to install it. I have been wanting to do that for quite some time but I kept forgetting to bring one home. Thanks for the reminder ;D.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 04:10:24 pm by hottubber »

doodoo

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 08:15:12 pm »
Always aimin' to please hottuber :D

Julie

• Sundance Cameo owner
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 09:43:30 pm »
Thanks everyone for your advice and comments.  I just put a deposit down for my hottub!  I'm very excited.   I went with the 2004 Sundance Cameo, with radio.

Congratulation on your purchase!  We bought this same spa this spring, and we love it, enjoy!

Revlis

"Re: Purchased: 2004 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 09:42:41 am »
It's funny how, I was on the "Ok, let's get this all done in three months" plan but now that the deposit is down...  I want to get this done ASAP!!!!!   Of course a HUGE cold front just swept across the country so laying a pad of concrete can't happen anytime soon.  :-(

Yet, I remain excited, and look forward to participating here more in the future.  Great site with great people makes for a great experience!

nm-tn

• 2004 Optima
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 02:16:55 am »
I have a 2004 Optima that came out in January last year. Would it have the new design valve? If not, about what would I expect to pay?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 07:18:14 pm »
A nice spa....enjoy..... :D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 09:14:20 am »
Enjoy your Cameo, rev........may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water......
(My, the goddess has been busy this morning..... 8))
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 09:45:02 am »
Enjoy your Cameo, rev........may the goddess of Spatopia bless you with crystal water......
(My, the goddess has been busy this morning..... 8))

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations!  Welcom to spatopia!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 09:45:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42