What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: old tub removal  (Read 2709 times)

Gman

old tub removal
« on: May 30, 2005, 07:34:28 am »
My brother in law was mentioning to me yesterday that his HS is leaking (and out of warranty).  He's not sure what it's going to take to fix it - if it's even possible due to the insulation.  This made me wonder... how do you remove a tub that you no longer need/want.  Will dealers remove a tub (if they are delivering one at the same time)?

Hot Tub Forum

old tub removal
« on: May 30, 2005, 07:34:28 am »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: old tub removal
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:34:18 am »
I seriously doubt they will remove your old spa for you but I would have him contact the store where the new one will be purchased from and maybe they can work something out. I am sure this would not be part of the "included" delivery and you would probably have to pay a charge for them to take it away. It will also depend on the ease of removing it I would suspect. Make sure that it is positioned in the easiest way possible for them to move it and they just might be able to help you. When we got rid of our old spa, we cut it up and had it hauled away.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 12:01:25 pm »
From what I understand, an experienced technican can generally isolate/fix leaks in full-foam tubs with a high-degree of success.

Might be worth your while to find out before you throw it out.

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 12:57:17 pm »
We haul old tubs out at no charge with the purchase of a new one.

Fixing a leak in a FF spa is not impossible. I don't get a lot of leakers, but when we do we simply dig in to follow the wet foam, and usually end up looking at a bad glue joint or rodent-chewed pvc. Not brain surgery...
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 01:19:10 pm »
Chas, that is a great service you provide. I should have asked our salesman if this could have been provided. The only thing was our old spa was indoors and the new one is outdoors. It would have been a lot harder to take the old spa out.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 11:54:16 am »
We haul old tubs out at no charge with the purchase of a new one.

We haul away the old one as well with a purchase of a new spa. We will charge a minmal dump fee if the new spa you're getting is a entry level spa but if you're getting a premium spa its typically a free service added as an appreciation for the business.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 01:40:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 12:44:52 pm »
We haul the old spa off as well, just like Chas, free of charge.

Most of the ones we haul off are pure junk.  We used to take them to the dump, but now we just leave them in the alley behind our warehouse.  When we come back the next day, they are gone.  Mom says The Spa Fairy takes them.

Terminator
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 12:45:59 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 02:13:19 pm »
Most of the ones we haul off are pure junk.  We used to take them to the dump, but now we just leave them in the alley behind our warehouse.  When we come back the next day, they are gone.  Mom says The Spa Fairy takes them.

.....where they end up being "re-made" into H@ven Spas..... ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 02:13:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42