What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new maxxus lifter  (Read 2901 times)

dentlfly

• maxxus owner
new maxxus lifter
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:51:13 am »
has anyone seen or heard of the new lifter for maxxus; my dealer seems to think cover will slide into lifter and it will take up lots of room behind tub; 2-3 feet.

Hot Tub Forum

new maxxus lifter
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:51:13 am »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
Re: new maxxus lifter
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 10:12:37 am »
Huh.  Any details on this? I'm about to get close to ordering one, and thought all they had was the classic 'lift it into the air behind you'version.  One that lets it slide down and store low behind the cabinet, sort of like a car's convertible top would be cool!
--
Lee

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 11:58:44 am »
The cover lifter I received was the cover caddy. I was told it is a special version made for the '05 maxxus (because of its shape). Depending how low you want the cover to be stored depends how much room behind the tub you need. I did not want to see much of the cover (only about 12") so I need about 40" behind the tub for the lifter to swing down. If you want to stand directly behind it to lift it back up you also need to allow the width of your body (you can also lift from the side but a little more difficult). IMO the lifter needs another piston to slow down the swing.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:54:06 am »
Cool!  Stupid question, since I've not seen a Max in the 'flesh' (hope to this afternoon...).  Do you have options on which side to fold/store the cover?  Since the spa isn't square, I'd think you'd be restricted to one way or have to decide when you order the cover.  Or am I all wet?  :)
--
Lee

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:19:47 am »
Leesweet, you will be all wet when you finish your wet test, but not on this one, the only option is to slide the cover to the back of the spa, oppisite side from the entry and controls.  The cover is a 3 piece cover and the 3 pieces will "stack" and slide into the cover caddy.  It can then stay horizontal or be lowered to stand vertical behind the spa.

Because of the length of the spa 9'2", it can only utilize a 3 fold section cover which will operate in only one way.  I hope this answers everybodys questions.

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 11:22:30 am »
Ah, I *was* wondering about the cover size/folding because of the long length.  Thanks for the detailed answer!
--
Lee

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 07:10:37 am »
The 05 Maxxus cover can be designed to fold as an opposite or reverse fold. You are not stuck with having to deal only with the clumbsy design of the tri-fold cover.
Especially if the spa is equipped with stereo. The need for a tri-fold is so the stereo speakers don't wind up at the fold of the cover. By using an opposite fold cover, you establish 2 things; first, you can get away from the tri-fold cover, which by the way barely fits into the NEW  Maxxus cover caddy. And secondly, the cover lifter ends up taking less space because the cover is folded opposite the original design. It works, I've done it.

Hottubber... ;D

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 06:50:11 pm »
Hottubber, can you elaborate?!  I don't understand the point of the speakers (which I'm looking at) unless the fold of the cover hits them when in place....

I was under the (wrong?) impression that the cover folded in thirds, so, inverting it wouldn't matter...

So... ?????

(I'm off to our only local dealer in Maryland tomorrow, who may be able to answer all these theoretical questions.. :) )
--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 06:50:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42