What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Electrical Question  (Read 2133 times)

Neohcouple

Electrical Question
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:25:26 pm »
I am building my deck tomorrow in anticipation for my new spa that will be delivered this weekend.  I am having a licensed electrician handle all of the electrical work since my electrical knowledge is not that good.

Question:  Where does one run the electrical line from the subpanel (which will be mounted up against the house) to the hot tub?  The hot tub will be approximately 8-10 feet away from the subpanel.  Should the electrical line be run under the deck with an opening through a deck board so it can be connected to the spa?  Can the electrical line be run along the deck itself from the subpanel to the spa?  What are my options?  I just want to make it easy for everyone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  

Hot Tub Forum

Electrical Question
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:25:26 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Electrical Question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 05:24:10 am »
Yes and Yes. Either option will work but I personaly would run the line straight down from the GFCI panel on the house and under the deck in conduit and up through the floor of the spa, so you can't see any of it.
Retired

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 10:56:58 am »
I agree with Roger - if you can leave one or two boards loose  so you can pull it or them up and feed the conduit below the deck, or if the deck is high enough off the ground feed it down and back up again right at the spa.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:03:39 am »
I would go under the deck as well.  The last thing that you want to see is 1 1/4" conduit pipe laying down your deck.  I think it would cheapen the look.  

Presentation is everything, a few hours extra work will pay off in the long run.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 08:03:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42