What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sunquest spas  (Read 3557 times)

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sunquest spas
« on: May 10, 2005, 09:16:59 pm »
Anyone out there ever hear of these?

Hot Tub Forum

Sunquest spas
« on: May 10, 2005, 09:16:59 pm »

J._McD

Re: Sunquest spas
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 09:21:55 pm »
There is a new one around every corner.  Why wouldn't you stick with the common names seen here on the forum?  Did you see this at a dealer and what other lines did he carry? ???

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 07:09:25 am »

The website http://www.sunquestspas.com/ is unimpressive.

INTERNATIONAL TELEPUBLISHING
  5749 PARKVIEW POINT DR
  ORLANDO, FL 32821-7963
  US

Domain Name: SUNQUESTSPAS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
     PEPITONE, RICK            rickpepitone@yahoo.com
     5749 PARKVIEW POINT DR
     ORLANDO, FL 32821-7963
     US
     407-238-7888 fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 07-Oct-2006.
  Record created on 07-Oct-2003.
  Database last updated on 11-May-2005 07:07:14 EDT.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 08:47:48 am »
I am a Hot Spring dealer. Had a lady in last night who was about to purchase one of these from some people who were renting space outside of a nursery. Thought she was getting a deal on a $14000.00 tub they were going to sell her for only 6k. After 2 hours I finally convinced her not to go that route. They wanted all the money up front and she isn't ready to take delivery until October. I gave her a list of questions to ask the sales people as well as the address for this forum.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 10:21:20 am »
kvnlaw,

I'm thinking these might be the same losers who also go by the name of Sunco, Sundaze, Sunseeker, as well as Hydrospa.  They have scammed a lot of people here in Texas.  They run ads in the Thrifty Nickel paper advertising new "$10,000 spas for $4,700".

Their representatives will rent a storage building and their story is that they had a large contract with a home builder that got cancelled and they are overstocked.  They will take a customer's deposit and tell them that they have to wait until the check clears before they will deliver the spa.  Of course, the spa doesn't get delivered and they pack up and move to the next town.

They operate between Dallas, Waco, Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.

If any consumers read this message, use your head when shopping for any large ticket item.  My dad taught me when I was a kid that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  Don't give some jackass your hard earned money just because they have convinced you that you are getting a $10,000 spa for $5,000.  If you ever actually get the spa, you are buying a steaming pile of crap that probably cost $500 to build.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 11:20:46 am »
Terminator, after looking at this "dealer's" website they are definitely selling Hydro spas . Their story was they sell only to wholesalers but happened to have a few left over from their last show. The funny part to me is I do lots of shows and have never seen them. Things that make you go hmmm.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 01:45:52 pm »
$14000.00 tub they were going to sell her for only 6k. .

It takes a giant leap of faith or someone who is very naive or perhaps just greedy ...to believe in these type of discounts ..... such discounts, when looked at by those with just a little sense ....know they are not real they simply do not CREDIBILITY exist ....As I mentioned before people ask about MSRP .....Autos have the only true and Government regulated MSRP and again this was after many many years of congressional debate .... Speaking only of Marquis spas they do have a realistic MSRP when compared to what most people seem to pay....I am sure that many of the other credible manufactures also have the same thing....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 02:30:08 pm »

It takes a giant leap of faith or someone who is very naive or perhaps just greedy ...to believe in these type of discounts .....

Unfortunately they find a few people who meet one or more of those three descriptions. It's the same theory behind the reason why some fall for the promises made by the crazy internet guy from Colorado.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 02:30:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42