What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jets popping out..  (Read 4757 times)

fletch49

Jets popping out..
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:25:18 pm »
I have a 7 month old spa with waterway jets that continuously pop out while the jets are on.

Not all my jets do this, but I do have several that either pop out spontaneously or if slightly rotated pop out.

Is this common? Should I be taking this up with my dealer, or is this the norm?  I will be asking my dealer this same question, but I would be interested in some 3rd party advise first.

Hot Tub Forum

Jets popping out..
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:25:18 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Jets popping out..
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 03:16:11 pm »
spazz,  

let me know what the dealer says about this.  I have heard that this is common with the arctic spas due to the fact that they design the jets to be removed and placed in different areas within the tub.

I am not very happy with this idea though because I dont want my jets to be popping out everytime that I sit in it.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 09:13:16 pm »
Check the Waterway jets. They will have a "R" number. The Waterway Powerstorm jets have undergone numerous revisions to the inserts and retainer rings in since their introduction in the early 2000's. The problem seems most common in the second largest size.

If your Waterway jets are R1, R2 or R3, demand new jets. If your retainer rings have no R# or say R1, demand new retainer rings.

Your retainer ring will be more difficult to see. Once you remove the jet insert, you can see it in the jet body. It may be white, black or grey. There are 2 screws holding it into the jet body.

Is it an Arctic? I would be surprised if they are still using old jets, they sell alot of spas and would not likely have old jets......

I know the tub is 7 months old to you, but what is the manufacturing date? Is it a 2004 or 2003. This was a big problem in 2002 and 2003 with many manufacturers.
Homeworks Financing Representative

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 09:40:49 am »
In addition to what HTM says, I had this problem with just a couple of jets in my 2 year  old tub, but I was able to get it to stop quickly. My tub uses waterway jets. I would take the jet out scrub the surface where it meets the tub with a non-abrasive pad, do the same to the surface inside the tub. Put the jet back in with more force than normal, take it out, put it back in a few times. This seem to "break it in"  Haven't had the problem again since the first few months.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

fletch49

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »
If your Waterway jets are R1, R2 or R3, demand new jets. If your retainer rings have no R# or say R1, demand new retainer rings.

Thanks for the information. I looked at the most troublesome jets and they all have an R2 stamp on them. I pulled the panel off the tub, and the tub was manufactured in 07/2004 ???

Any more information on this would greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 05:24:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42