What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Image Spas  (Read 9252 times)

desertrats

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Image Spas
« on: April 26, 2005, 07:07:56 pm »
Does anyone have any experience/opinion with the manufacturer, Image Spas?  I am looking at the Image Symphony 7-person spa with lounge seat.

Hot Tub Forum

Image Spas
« on: April 26, 2005, 07:07:56 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Image Spas
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 08:53:54 am »
I think your money would be better spent elsewhere.

In my experience, Image spas are close to the bottom of the barrel in every category.  A quality spa will be a longtime investment  and provide enjoyment for you and your family.  A poorly built spa will be a source of aggravation for about 3 to 4 years before you finally give the spa to a friend to take off your hands.

Do the research here and on other boards and I think you will confirm what you probably already know.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

desertrats

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Image Spas --other Suggestions then?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 10:39:36 am »
I'm a 100% disabled vet and as such have access to obtaining that particular spa at a reasonable price.  Could you be more specific on what the negatives are on it and also suggest the definite things that I should be looking for.
Our daughter just bought a Diamondback Spa with the Aztec surround which really looks nice.  Do you have any knowledge on those?
ANY info/guidelines/"must haves" to know it is a well-built spa and what features to definitely have would be much appreciated.  THANKS!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 11:05:44 am »
First of all, thank you for your service to our country.  You have my deepest appreciation and admiration.

Second, I can certainly understand your situation as far as wanting the most value for your money.  Let me state for the record that I have never sold Image spas nor would I ever.  I have hauled dozens of them to the dump for people when they purchase one of our spas.  Virtually everyone we dispose of is less than 10 years old, the majority are less than 5 years old.

This is what you don't want in a spa:

Poor to non-existent insulation.
Poor structural support.
Warped and blemished shells.
Poor filtration system.
Lack of drain in the bottom of the spa (like in your bathtub).
Lack of a local dealer to support you when you have a problem with the spa (and eventually ALL spas need servicing).
Cheap grade wood or flimsy plastic cabinets.

Image spas have most if not all of these shortcomings.

I would strongly suggest sticking with any of the top spa manufacturers represented on this board.  Virtually every major manufacturer has an economically priced line of spas that are light years ahead of an Image spa.  You will not sacrifice quality and support just because they don't have the bells and whistles like the premium spas.  A cheap spa is simply that, a cheap spa.

I wish you luck and am always willing to answer any questions you may have.  Take care.

Terminator
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 11:22:01 am by East_TX_Spa »

desertrats

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Image Spas --mind looking at this one?
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 11:44:06 am »
I'll take you up on graciously allowing me to ask you questions as I have absolutely no knowledge (obviously) of any of this.  
If you have the time, could you look over the site for Diamondback Spas.  I believe they might be only an Arizona company (?)
There web site is:
http://www.dbspas.com
We are interested in the Sunrise model.
Please advise if after looking at how they are built (factory tour) and reading the specs on the Sunrise, if this is a good spa in your opinion.
Again, thank you so much!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 01:14:33 pm by wmccall »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 01:10:27 pm »
Sir, I'll give you my honest opinion.

I looked over the website.  I was unable to download the specs on any of the spas, all I got was a blank page.  I couldn't find any technical info on the website, just pretty generic "benefits of hydrotherapy" banter that all spa companies put on their sites.  My opinions will be based upon my observations of their factory photos.

Diamondback appears to be like many regional spa manufacturers around the country.  They look to be building what is referred to as a "spa-in-a-box."  There was no indication of any insulation whatsoever in the manufacturing photos.  This is a big red flag.  The cabinets look to be pretty poor.  Red flag.  No bottom drain.  They are building the spas one at a time to order.  The customer has warm and fuzzy feelings that the spa was personally made for them.  It makes them feel good.

After a while, reality sets in and you realize that you have bought a cobbled together money pit that has no semblence of quality control and is made with cheap generic parts that you, yourself, could order out of a magazine and put together in your own backyard.  It appears to have all of the worst features that I stated above, only they are a smaller manufacturer than Image.  Maybe they build a little better product than Image, maybe worse.  There is so little information on their website that it is hard to evaluate it from a quality or engineering perspective.  This sends up a big red flag to me.

I am not saying that only the big companies build good spas.  However, there are reasons why the major spa companies became major spa companies and did not remain regional.

Terminator

desertrats

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Image Spas--Blue Water Spas
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 08:31:04 pm »
I currently have this bid on e-bay for this spa.  I bid $4,000 but in their online "store", I can "buy it now for $4,199.  This is for the Tahition.
Could you please tell me your evaluation and valued opinion of this (I hope I don't win my bid if you tell me it's pure junk or something!)
http://
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4376412771&rd=1&rd=1

Thank you again for all of your time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 07:53:10 am by wmccall »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 10:15:40 pm »
Hi You can always retract your bid if you are unsure if you want to buy that spa. I would want to wet test FOR SURE before I buy a spa. We got one 3weeks ago and wet tested 6-7 different ones. Its lets you know how different they are, and ones you do and do not like.  WET TEST!!!!   Good luck

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 12:33:07 am »
i read thru the ebay listing, and was very amused to see this:
Our Island Series feature the Arctic Heat¿ System. It utilizes a reflective thermal barrier that is attached to the entire perimeter of the spa. Structural insulation covers the floor of the spa and supports the two inch pump tubing and shell base. All of the heat generated from the pump(s) during filtration and use is captured in the cabinet and used to power the jets and passively heat the water. Our system is up to 60% more efficient than full foam. Full foam spas take in cold air from outside of the spa through the heat vent and introduce it into the water thereby reducing your water temperature and creating discomfort. The heat generated by the pump is vented to the outside and lost. Avoid Full foam spas they may cost more to operate and repair.

60% more efficient??????? :o :o
i am not trying to start up a ff vs tp debate at all, just thought this was outlandish. loved the last line about beware of ff spas.....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 07:58:07 am »
I'm always suspicious of big ticket items on Ebay that have several bids from new Ebayers.  If you do a search on Inversion tables for instance, you will see that on many of them have multiple bids from people with no feedback until the price gets to about $129, then those bids stop, every time. I'm convinced its the seller bumping up the prices.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 09:59:41 am »
Blue Water Spas - Our Island Series feature the Arctic Heat¿ System

This connection to Arctic is curious - does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 01:59:10 pm »
Yes i have an Image Icon. I got it last July before I started reading this and other forms. So far it has been great (Knock on wood) but i would look for a local dealer so that you can have the support.  I love my spa and will look to upgrade it in another couple of years or so. We use it almost everyday and loved the winter months with it.
 I can work on it myself if anything happens and hopefuly i will be ok until i upgrade. Being disabled, it would be hard to work on these and at least you would have local support if needed. I would hate to see the heater go in the middle of winter and not have anyone to come out and fix it.
Like they say you get what you pay for and we all have our price ranges so take your time and read up and ask many questions. There is alot of knowledge on this site and also remember take it with a grain of salt.  ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 02:30:16 pm »
What I have trouble understanding is why would someone go and get a spa on E Bay for $4200.00 when you can go and get a well backed spa from a local dealer....Marquis....Hot Springs....Sun Dance.... D-1 all have a line that they build that offer spas for the same amount of money and you have the peace of mind of dealer and factory support....just does not make sense to me to give that up and at no real savings......

desertrats

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 02:32:46 pm »
I did win the bid on the Blue Water Spa.  The seller has been very sresponsive to question I've asked.  I got the Tahitian for $3,650 (plus $475 shipping).  Will let you know after it's built and sent (about 4 - 5 weeks --just in time for the Arizona heat.  Actually, people out here put a block of ice in it instead during the Summer).  Thanks for all of your input!!!
Oh, one of my questions was something about the Arctic Heat thing that was not on their website but on their e-bay store and auctions.  They are updating the website, so get the info from the e-bay listing.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 02:39:02 pm »
Good luck, thanks for following up and let us know how it goes.  When do you expect delivery?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 02:39:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42