What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Turns Itself On  (Read 7686 times)

water_maiden

• Live life with abandon!
Spa Turns Itself On
« on: April 10, 2005, 11:06:40 am »
Hi All!
    I have owned my 2005 Hot Spring Vanguard for a couple of months.  It is wonderful, but my husband and I noticed that it is running the clean cycle on its own.  We were outside this morning and heard the spa turn itself on and off a few times.  Please note that the cover was on and locked, and the control panel was also locked.  The clean cycle button on the control panel would light up when it was running.  My husband turned the power off at the circuit breaker until the service technician can come out.  It is Sunday so I was unable to speak with the service technician.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?  Thanks in advance for any input.
                                    Kathy
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 11:07:37 am by water_maiden »

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Turns Itself On
« on: April 10, 2005, 11:06:40 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Spa Turns Itself On
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:45:00 pm »
There is nothing wrong with your Spa. They are all programed to run cleaning cycles at different times.  There should be alot of info in your owners manual on this as well as other things that will make your Spa life easier.
Funny.

You obviously have a problem, and it will be handled under warranty. Go ahead an enjoy your tub when you want to, as much as you want to today/this evening. Let the jets run a bit after using it, then  shut it off till the techie comes.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 02:47:37 pm »
Are you saying that HS doesn't run a cleaning cycle Chas?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 03:24:18 pm »
HS doesn't run cleaning cycles.

There is a "clean" button which will run a ten-minute clean cycle when you need it: which is usually after use or when adding chems. The fact that HS tubs don't bypass the filter when the jet pumps are running - oh boy, here we go again.... -  means that they can do in ten minutes what other spas can take an hour or more to do.

And since the tub sits with a good-fitting cover on it when not in use, it doesn't really need to have other filter cycles. Keep in mind one other thing: the little circ pump runs all the time, and it also pulls all of it's water through a filter as well.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 04:09:56 pm »
Kathy,

Wow!  That is strange!  Please let us know what the tech says.

I'm sure it will be an easy fix!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

water_maiden

• Live life with abandon!
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 07:16:13 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!  I will let you know what the service technician does to fix it.  I am certain it will be handled promptly.  
Kathy

shabba34

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 08:20:00 pm »
used to be called ghosting, but haven't seen that in 3-4 years on HS.  As long as the spa does not levitate and start spinning, then I think your ok.  The techs will diagnose and fix any problem there may be.  good luck ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 08:20:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42