What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Embarassing moment  (Read 16213 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Embarassing moment
« on: April 14, 2005, 04:19:19 pm »
I feel like sharing today, aren't you lucky?

In the Coleman 107 thread I made a reference to Bob Newhart's 2nd TV series' characters Larry, Darryl and Darryl.   It reminded me of one of my most embarrasing moments.

I was on a United 727 from Ohare to LAX some years ago. Since it was an older 727 there was no video, only the audio via headset. Back then (80s) most of the audio channels were horrible. But they had a comedy channel and they played about 40 minutes of Bob Newhart stuff. It was a long flight, dinner (remember that) was just served, reclined my seat, and started listening. It was good, I was relaxed.  I think I closed my eyes and after about 30 minutes I think I forgot where I was.   Then came a skit about unborn twins and Bob was doing the voices of both as if they were talking to each other.   The twins, close to birth time were commenting on how nervous the soon to be first time father was.  One said, "Lets freak him out and fake a contraction" The other twin said, "How far apart should we make them."   I laughed pretty loudly for quite a few seconds till I remembered where I was and opened my eyes to see 60 or so people looking at me.

Now that I have identified the Canadian war movie, I need to find this track so I can listen to it again.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2005, 04:20:52 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Embarassing moment
« on: April 14, 2005, 04:19:19 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Embarassing moment
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:53:33 am »
Newhart's "The very first thanksgiving" was a classic -

"ok, you take a what? One of those big ugly birds? Ok, and then what?"

" right.... .... loaf of bread...  ... put it WHERE?!"
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:21:22 pm »
Newhart's "The very first thanksgiving" was a classic -

"ok, you take a what? One of those big ugly birds? Ok, and then what?"

" right.... .... loaf of bread...  ... put it WHERE?!"

I think I remember that.  Saw some old albums on Ebay, even a CD, but not with the twins routine.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:21:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42