What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog Spas  (Read 7875 times)

nrkissed

Bullfrog Spas
« on: April 06, 2005, 05:56:02 pm »
My wife and I have narrowed our search down to two Spas. I prefer the Marquis SA Reward and she prefers the Bullfrog 552 with slightly upgraded Jetpacks.

Some history:
After much research I am firmly convinced the Marquis is a better tub overall and the Bull frogs have a clever gimick.

After wet testing, my wifes only complaints about the Marquis are the jets push her out of the seats and the level of the seats can be a bit high in the deeper seats. In the Bullfrog I have the opposite, the seats all feel the same length/depth and I am just a bit too tall to sit under the neck units. She is 5'1" I am 6'1".

The prices are comparable. I would like to make my wife happy and consider her choice again.

My questions:

Bullfrog has been on the market a while but never seems to make anyones list of "top spas." In fact it is difficult to find any opinions on them at all. With this very different approach, where is the discussion?

With the movable JetPacks, Bullfrog states your tub will never be out of date. Bullfrog is almost 10 years old, have there ever been new jetpacks?

The Warranty on the Bullfrog is split into several areas, some have lifetime warranties. The Marquis seems to have one of the best in the business. Can someone with some experience tell me if Bullfrog has such a complicated warranty to avoid paying for common fixes?

For the folks that have the Bullfrogs (there must be some?!?) How often do you use the jets? How often do you switch them around? If you purchased again, would you pay for different jetpacks up front?

For the service guys, what would you say about the quality of manufacture and the ease/price to service?

I know its a lot, but with the cost of spas, I would like to know we can both feel we got a great tub!

Darren

My appologies to the folks that visit pooland spa forums for the duplicate post, this site seems to have many repeat offenders! :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 06:16:23 pm by nrkissed »

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog Spas
« on: April 06, 2005, 05:56:02 pm »

Gair

Re: Bullfrog Spas
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 09:07:31 pm »
We live in Central IL and have a Bullfrog 451 in a 10’X25’ room that was built on a patio. We have five dealers within  a twenty five mile radius of us.  One of the dealers (The Great Escape) has four different top brands.  We chose the Bullfrog after looking a many other top brands. The dealer we bought it from has been in the Spa and Pool business for 25 years and has a very good reputation. We liked all the features on the Bullfrog.  With the ability to upgrade the jet packs and etc. Also the way it is plumped made sense to us because we were placing it indoors.  It is perfected for us. But with different body types you need to wet test before buying any Spa.

Moon_Madness

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 01:51:50 am »
Be aware that a Lifetime warranty is actually 7 years.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 03:00:59 am »
The Marquis can be adjusted very easily besides the tri zone valve you can also adjust many of the jets individually ..... Marquis warranty is very good, it is a very well made product... less flash than many but more substance than most ...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 03:02:28 am by Mendocino101 »

nrkissed

Re: Bullfrog Spas and Marquis Back to Back
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 05:23:57 pm »
Thanks to those that responded!

So we have configured two of the Bullfrog spas and requested a quote.  It is hard to tie these guys down to a price!

Here is what we were quoted with every option except the Stereo and remote control:

Bullfrog 562 as built per your specs:  $6,695.00 (not including tax) Bullfrog 552 as built per your specs:  $7,395.00 (not including tax)

I am still pushing for the Marquis Reward SA and it comes equipt the same way for about $7,400 (including Tax).  

It seems like an Apples to Apples to me, so I have scheduled a back to back wet test tonight.    If any Marquis or Bullfrog fans can get to me first..

What should I be looking for in differences between the two..Besides the obvious Jet packs verses the traditional jets?

How are my Dealers quotes?  High/Low?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 05:34:06 pm »
FYI, you might want to check out this link

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Pool_and_Patio-Pool_Equipment-Spas-All/show_~top_sellers

and go back a few pages to read what consumers have to say about BF spas.  It has been helpful to some of the shoppers that come to my store.

Terminator
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 04:50:35 pm by wmccall »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 05:36:51 pm »
Pages 5 and 6 have the BF reviews.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

nrkissed

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 03:51:17 pm »
Thanks for the tip!  I have probably read the entire set of opinions now!

Due to the stand still in our decision making, between the Bullfrog 552 and the Marquis SA Reward, I packed the wife out to the last three dealers in our area.

Three stops later we are back to square one and still dead locked on the tub decision.

For those also hunting we took in Beachcomber, Catalina and some other lesser brands like Gulf Coast.

I am still dissapointed the nearest Dimension 1 dealer is 3 hours away, but I think we have seen most of the major brands in action.

Seems like I have the weekend to bring the wife over to my Marquis or we will be sitting in the 'frog by mid week!  I will keep you posted.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 04:55:36 pm »
FYI, you might want to check out this link

http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Pool_and_Patio-Pool_Equipment-Spas-All/show_~top_sellers

and go back a few pages to read what consumers have to say about BF spas.  It has been helpful to some of the shoppers that come to my store.

Terminator

One review mentioned the aroma massage.  Never tried one of those.  Can anyone post a review there? I wonder what is to keep Don Quixote from posting bad reviews?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 04:55:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42