What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Still looking  (Read 4279 times)

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Still looking
« on: April 03, 2005, 12:34:02 pm »
I have been looking for my first hot tub for several weeks now. I have looked at Hot Sprinigs, Sundance, Calderia, DI, Bullfrog, Artesian and Jacuzzi.  I have wet tested the HS,Bullfrog and Artesian. I liked them them all  :) I think my top chioces are HS or calderia. I liked sundance but the dealer in Atlanta has no idea what they are doing  ??? The HS has the best dealer, looking at the vista $9,275. with the works. The Calderia Genenia ( i think) was about $8,200. The calderia dealer is Rec warehouse??? Not sure how good of a reputation they have? Has anyone in Atlanta dealt with them? Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Still looking
« on: April 03, 2005, 12:34:02 pm »

jaj111

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Still looking
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 02:16:56 pm »
I a HS Vista. It is a great tub.

Moon_Madness

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 11:59:19 pm »
We sell HS & Sudance and like I've said before, we sell 3 Sundance to 1 HS.  No one in our company owns a HS. We all have a Sundance, including the service department. The 2005 Sundance 880 series is untouchable.

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 06:06:10 pm »
I am worried about buying a Sundance when the local dealer can't even keep them clean in the store. They have only been a dealer of 6 weeks and both tubs they have wet are so gross you con't even see the bottom. As good as I am sure they are I think I am better off working with a dealer that can help if I have a problem.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 06:35:04 pm »
Have you considered sending your impressions of this dealer to Sundance?  Not that it would make a difference in your case, but they should know if someone is out there displaying their products that way.
Brewman
Brewman

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 07:53:22 pm »
GTballer,

I wouldnt worry about the Sundance Line.  I would worry about that dealer!  All of the Sundance's we have seen and wet tested were immaculate.  It has to be the dealer messing it up.

Regards,

Mike

Moon_Madness

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 12:19:54 am »
Unless you want him to clean your spa for you I don't think it matters.  Tell the dealer your problem with him.  Or call Sundance and let them know what's troubling you.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 07:09:56 am »
Actually, Moon Madness, I would worry about the dealer teaching me how to keep my NEW spa clean.  When my dealer came out after my NEW spa was delivered, he walked me through putting in the various chemicals I would need to make sure that I and my family were safe!!  If the dealer can't keep the tubs clean on his showroom floor, then what would make me think he could help me keep mine clean?  ALL of the dealers I visited had crystal clear water in all of the tubs they had wet!!!

Just my opinion.  Gtballer,  go with your gut, Sundance is a great product, but I would stay away from this dealer!!

Good luck!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Guttboy

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 08:29:09 am »
Lori hit the nail on the head.  While you will be the one maintaining it you will be going to your dealer for support (or here of course).  If he/she cant keep the displays clean...logic would dictate that he/she could not provide you with a good regimen to keep your spa clean.  Just a thought but talk to that dealer and ask why that happened (bad water)....perhaps it could have been something as simple as the power went out over the weekend or something and the cleaning crew dropped a piece of Pizza in there....LOL!  ;D

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 07:12:06 pm »
Thanks for the adivce. I did talk to Sundance and was told the dealer is new are working the bugs out. I can tell from reading this forum that they have a good product (thats why I went there in the first place) I also hear people saying that the dealer is important. I feel like with all the slaes and tech people they have working there if they can't get it right how can they teach me or help me if I have a problem at home.

Guttboy

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 07:35:32 pm »
As far as chemicals and stuff you can always ask here and I am sure some of the more knowledgeable folks can help you out.

Try going back to that dealer and ask a few questions...dont be shy just ask whats on your mind and see what they have to say.

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 07:40:01 pm »
Any thoughts on the calderia vs the HS? HS is $1100 more and I like the air in the Calderia. But The HS seems like it has a better filter? My other issue is the calderia dealer is Rec Warehouse, has anyone dealt with them?

Guttboy

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 08:57:54 pm »
Both are quality tubs...Caldera and HS.  Caldera is now part of Watkins Manufacturing as is HS.  As far as filtration goes....both filter water fine as far as I can tell from my research but HS does have more of the filter cartridges.  I would not let that sway me though.

I dont know where Rec Warehouse is...what part of the country or city if you let the forum know they may be able to help ya out.

majormuffin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 12:12:32 am »
I myself have been testing all the major brands out there for over six months. I have to say that Watkins makes a great product. I loved the Hot Springs but found that after wet testing it that it just wasn't the right fit. It was way to big for my wife and I. Then I wet tested the Caldera Geneva Utopia, it was just right. I went home and brought my wife down to wet test it also. She is short 4'11" and I'm 5'9". Both of us love the center bump, it allows up to really stretch and do a little exercise in the tub. The Geneva has the best foot massager out there I feel. We also like the fact that each seat addresses a different area of the body. So if you are still looking then wet test until you find the one that works the best for you. Once you think you found it, then wet test it again on a different day. I am so glad I did. Enjoy! :)

gtballer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 11:34:21 pm »
They were on Canton road for years but they moved next to town Center mall a few weeks ago. The HS dealer is on canton road. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 11:34:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42