What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anybody heard of polar spas?  (Read 4793 times)

AmICrazy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Anybody heard of polar spas?
« on: April 04, 2005, 10:23:59 am »
Any body heard of polar spas? Logo reminds me of the Arctic? Is this a division of or split from them? Reason I ask is that I am in a home show this weekend representing Sundance and I have heard that these guys are going to be there. I've never heard of them I would like some info about them. I went to their website.. pretty weak. They also only have about 5 locations since 1982!?! What's up with that? Anyways you guys are always so full of knowledge that I figure somebody has got to have something on them. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Anybody heard of polar spas?
« on: April 04, 2005, 10:23:59 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Anybody heard of polar spas?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 10:47:01 am »
Well, going back and forth between Dynasty spas and Polar, I get the impression that they are having some of the Dynasty private-labled. I have not hear of them, and this is just a guess based on the similarities between the products and the obvious use of some Dynasty models in the line-up.

They seem to have a very generous concept of the number of horsepower their tubs have: I see a model with a single 5 hp pump and 20 jets - I do believe that migh hurt a bit....
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

nicker

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 11:00:03 am »
Ya I have heard of them and not much good.   Not sure about their tubs them selves but the way they market the tubs is questionable.  They offer these outragous incentives that are just not possible.   Example buy a tub for lets say $7000 and get $5000 in rebates.    I have heard there is some thing about them in the better business bureau.

To me the way in which they market them selves is enough to stear me away from their product.

This is what I have heard (from a few people) Anyone jump in and correct me if I am wrong.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 11:10:34 am »
They are based out of Alberta, Canada.  As I'm from Calgary, where their main store is, I see and hear their advertising, all too much.  They use the infamous "voucher" program, which seems to be a little sketchy to say the least.  They claim their tubs are the most energy efficient to operate.  They are manufactured here in Alberta as far as I know, but they do carry Dynasty as well.  

I went to their store when I was looking, and wasn't impressed at all.

Mark

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 11:25:28 am »

Moon_Madness

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 12:05:26 am »
There are around 150 spa companys wordwide currently running.  Every year 30 or so go out of business and 30 start up.  Polar spas  sounds like one of those 30 on their way out.

JPKeirstead

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 08:48:17 am »
Any body heard of polar spas? Logo reminds me of the Arctic? Is this a division of or split from them? Reason I ask is that I am in a home show this weekend representing Sundance and I have heard that these guys are going to be there. I've never heard of them I would like some info about them. I went to their website.. pretty weak. They also only have about 5 locations since 1982!?! What's up with that? Anyways you guys are always so full of knowledge that I figure somebody has got to have something on them. Thanks.

I can assure you they are in no way associated with Arctic Spas.  

James Keirstead
Arctic Spas

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 08:48:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42