What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No wet testing???  (Read 8082 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: No wet testing???
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 08:55:16 pm »
For what it's worth... every dealer in our area allows and encourages wet testing.  ALL of them would prepare a specific tub for us if we asked them to.  The only exception to that was the REC Warehouse that sold Caldera.  They had 4 or 5 at the front that you could test.  The others were all propped up on display and could not hold water.

Every dealer had a sump pump that they could use to just move water from one spa to another if someone wanted to test.  They basically all just wanted a day or so notice.

We tested some after hours and some during the day.  Most were during the day as we took an afternoon off work and went from dealer to dealer to test them all out.  (we were very waterlogged by the end of the day...)

The only time that I can see it being reasonable for a dealer to say that they won't wet test is if they don't have a show room.  We have a local PDC dealer that will custom order but they will only order and deliver.  There's nothing on display in their store.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 08:55:16 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 09:04:04 pm »
We have a local PDC dealer that will custom order but they will only order and deliver.  There's nothing on display in their store.
If there is nothing on display, they are not a "dealer," they are a "broker."

And the longer they do it that way, the broker they will be.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 09:04:57 pm »
I talked to my sundance dealer about wet testing & he told me any time I would feel comfortable, he would be there to let me in. He also told me less than 10% actually wet test a tub before they buy one.  I told family & friends that I had wet tested some tubs & they thought I was crazy. Some people just dont realize that its the right thing to do. Before I read this forum I would probably have thought the same. The dealer had an optima to wet test (since its the #1 seller) they also had a maxxus (dry). I inquired about a wet test ,They said give us a day to fill it & heat it & come on down needless to say I ordered one & they now keep it on display in the showroom. Going out of your way can only make you more profitable & a better dealer.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 09:07:22 pm »
If there is nothing on display, they are not a "dealer," they are a "broker."

And the longer they do it that way, the broker they will be.

;)

Very true.   ;)   They didn't get our buisness...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

cathtrac

• Hot-tub water doggie
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 09:09:00 pm »
A local dealer (D1) also did not allow wet testing.

We are buying an Artesian, a brand we did not even consider as a contender prior to wet testing it.

We really should call the D1 dealer and advise them that they didn't even make the short list since they didn't allow us to wet test, but as my DH just said "why bother?"

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2005, 09:39:56 pm »
Well....you could always toss the reciept in the dealer's face and laugh all the way out...LOL...but that would be mean.

In all seriousness....every dealer we talked to (HS, Caldera, Artesian, Sundance, D1) all encouraged wet testing and were VERY ACCOMODATING.  

Hell I put the Artesian guy on the spot....we got off work early Good Friday.  I was out of the office by 2pm.  I called the dealer in Austin (over 100 miles away) and asked him if he could have a Dove Canyon and the lesser series ready for wet testing.  He said he would do his best.

What did he do?  He started transferring water from two other spa's to put them in the ones we wet tested.  Hmm well we were a bit late getting up there...I guess every business in San Antonio and Austin let out early and we were trapped in traffic.

What did the dealer do?  He stayed open.  He spoke with us at length about the features, pros/consj, blah blah blah...great info....we then started the wet test that lasted well over an hour.

Now this is Good Friday...Easter weekend is upon us....and this guy is staying open to cater to my "Whim" of coming up on a 3 hour notice.

Thats the way a dealer should work!!!!!!!

If you cant wet test a spa with similar features then walk away. (unless of course you could test elsewhere and you absolutely knew thats what you wanted).  (Some dealers dont carry all the models or the top of the line spa's). :)

Moon_Madness

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2005, 11:08:42 pm »
I hope you bought the Spa.  If not you must be the most unconsiderate Jackass I've ever heard of.  I would of drowned you and your boyfriend!! :o  
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 11:12:50 pm by Moon_Madness »

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 08:47:43 pm »
Moon are you talking to me?

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2005, 09:05:46 pm »
Well, I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't wet test. I'd never heard (or thought of) such a thing, until I read this forum. We had our minds pretty much made up, until we wet tested....and that changed everything.

Spas cost a lot of money and if this dealer isn't willing to accomodate you, I'd go elsewhere.

mowgli1

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 10:22:09 pm »
Moon are you talking to me?

Guttboy,
Ignore him. You don't want to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man  ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 07:20:53 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

I agree with Mowgli!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2005, 07:20:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42