What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Wet Test Report  (Read 2882 times)

drprwnap

HS Wet Test Report
« on: April 03, 2005, 08:44:50 pm »
Went to the local HS dealer yesterday. I thought we were going to test 3 or 4 tubs but the salesman picked the Vanguard and Envoy for us to try. He explained that we could get a feel for just about every model from these two because  of the seat / jet  configurations.
My younger daughter and I got into the Envoy and my wife and older daugher got the Vanguard.  The first seat I tried was the lounger.  Floated out a little bit but not too bad. The dual Moto-Massage was nice but at full power it pushed me out of the seat  :(. The next seat I tried was the recliner seat with wrist and calf jets.  I could have bought the spa because of this seat alone  :D :D.  I got good therapy on my back, legs, and feet.  The two seats to the left of this one were very good with good overall massage.  Then, my wife and daughter joined us. There was plenty of room, but my wife floated out of every seat but one !  :( :( .  I guess this one is out of the picture.
We left them and went to the Vanguard.  I like all the seats in this spa but the Moto-Massage seems to push me out of the seat.  I liked the cool down seat with the option of sitting sideways and getting therapy on my legs. When all four of us got in, there was enough room in this spa as well.  My wife doesn't float as much in this one, so it's a possibility.
When we got out, the salesman (Nick) took us over to the Tiger River Caspian.  It was dry because they just got it in. He thought it might be better for my wife because of the design of the seats. We all sat in it, and it seemed ok. I  told him to call me when this spa is up and running so we could try it out.
One last thing. This dealer is GREAT. Nick could not have been nicer, answering all out questions, explaining why my wife might be floating, and running back and forth between the two spas when we were split up.  He even got us something to drink!!!  He gave me prices at the end of things, but NO pressure to buy today, tomorrow, or next week!   :D :D :D
This is going to be a harder decision than I thought!! :o

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

HS Wet Test Report
« on: April 03, 2005, 08:44:50 pm »

Neohcouple

Re: HS Wet Test Report
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 09:40:46 pm »
drprwnap:

Lots of great info.  Thanks for your post.  I am currently looking at the same 2 hot tubs myself.  Just curious to know what price you were quoted on each tub.  What accessories were included (ozonator, cover, steps, etc)& were they OEM parts??  I just want to compare apples to apples.

Thanks

PS -  I have wet tested both & thoroughly enjoyed them both, but I'm probably leaning towards the Vanguard.

drprwnap

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 08:26:30 am »
The prices I was quoted were $8199 for the Vanguard and $8699 for the Envoy.  This included cover, lifter, delivery, and start up chemicals. I don't think it includes ozone but think I could it "throw in". I haven't tried to deal on price because I'm not ready to buy yet. I still want to test the Marquis Reward, the D1 Chairmain, II and maybe Coleman.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Moon_Madness

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 11:16:40 pm »
We sell Hot Spring & Sundance.  
Bottom line is we sell 3 Sundance to 1 Hot Spring.

Luv2cruise

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 09:10:11 pm »
We have the Vanguard, and love it! We originally wanted the smaller one (can't think of the name-but it has a recliner), but after wet testing, we decided we didn't want the lounger.

We bought our HS because several family members have them and have had no problems (and one tub is 15 years old).

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 09:10:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42