What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Horror!  I thought I was hallucinating...  (Read 21399 times)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Horror!  I thought I was hallucinating...
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:28:19 pm »
but alas, I have a leak!

I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow!   :'(  I can't believe it!

Anyway, just had to let everyone know, I wasn't hallucinating!  There really was water coming out from under the skirting!

I'll keep you guys posted!

*SIGH*  And I thought my bad luck had moved on!  Guess not!!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

Horror!  I thought I was hallucinating...
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:28:19 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Horror!  I thought I was hallucinating...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 09:15:37 pm »
but alas, I have a leak!

I'll have to call the dealer tomorrow!   :'(  I can't believe it!

Anyway, just had to let everyone know, I wasn't hallucinating!  There really was water coming out from under the skirting!

I'll keep you guys posted!

*SIGH*  And I thought my bad luck had moved on!  Guess not!!!

Just for a good measure why don't you PM Chas with your serial # to see if he has seen any common issues with that model....

Lori

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 06:32:24 am »
Oooh, good idea!  

I was a little hesitant, I've bugged him so much with my minor issues!

I'll do that when I get home, since I don't have the serial # here at work!!!

I'll still put a call in, although, seeing as they are in Norman, it will take a couple of days for them to get to me (or at least that has been the pattern)!!!

Thanks Stu!  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 07:48:19 am »
Pop open a corner and take a look, When that happen to me I found that the leak only occurred when pump #2 was on, so I avoided using pump 2 till the tech could get there. Saved a lot of water.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 09:15:55 am »
Pop open a corner and take a look, When that happen to me I found that the leak only occurred when pump #2 was on, so I avoided using pump 2 till the tech could get there. Saved a lot of water.

You don't "pop open a corner" on a HotSpring. Your only real access as a customer is the control panel. Besides, the cabinet siding is stapled on and would require some major work to take off.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
;DRe: Horror!  I thought I was hallucinating...
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 09:22:04 am »
lori,

Welcome to the real world. ;) Regardless of the quality of the brand spa that is owned, you never know when service is required. That is why, to me, service is the MOST important aspect of the dealer.
It happens to the best of us. I'm sure it is nothing major.

Good luck in your repair... ;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 09:23:55 am »
Starting in 2001 most models had removable side panels, but the job is best left to somebody who has done it before. Easy once you know the technique, but learn on somebody else's spa....

I would wait for the tech.

Also, to eliminate the possibility that it's nothing but condensation dripping off the cover, go out early morning and run your hand along the underside of the cover skirt in the area of the puddle. If there are drips of water waiting to fall off, you are just seeing condesation.

Put a pot on the ground near each side of the tub by the cover fold/hinge area to see if there is condensation later in the morning, after you go to work or whatever.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 09:41:17 am »
I would wait for the tech.

In my case, I like at least knowing what to expect.  Had mine been out of warranty,  and the tech tried to tell me that the pump or other major item needed replacing, I would have known better.  Also, having known my previous service history there was no way they were going to tell me it was improper usage or neglect.

I had a Ford dealer try to tell me that I needed a new starter when I had already proven to myself beyond any doubt that it was a bad cable.  But there was no easy way for me to get to that cable so I let the service shop do it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 10:49:36 am »
Oh, I forgot to mention in my email, Chas, it is on the back side of the spa (opposite of the front compartment)!  It is behind the moto-massage seat beside the soothing seven seat.  (how's that for a description!)  ;)

I'll try your tricks, but the reason I'm pretty convinced that it isn't condensation is that my water level has dropped considerably (not the normal amount).  I opened the cover, and didn't notice any water waiting to drip, but I will double check that, too, when I get home!  Also, under the skirt is a black base, which has a v shaped pattern of water, which is then moistening the concrete.  That is where the liquid is coming from.  

I hope I'm just panicking, and that I'm just being paranoid!  I'll have to take a picture and let you guys see it (duh, don't know why I didn't think about that before now)!  

BTW, Hottubber, thanks!  My dealer has been great, even though they stopped selling hottubs a year ago, they always take great care of me!  I have no complaints, they are great guys!   ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 01:12:45 pm »

You don't "pop open a corner" on a HotSpring. Your only real access as a customer is the control panel. Besides, the cabinet siding is stapled on and would require some major work to take off.

Without comment for or against, that is certainly something I never considered before purchasing.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 09:17:00 am »
Get that Hot Springs a diaper!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 09:17:16 am by wmccall »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 09:21:00 am »
Well, I knew they had to finally have one that leaked. Just sorry it happened to the lovely and gracious Lori.

:-[
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Lori

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 09:58:16 am »
Thanks for posting the picture, wmcall!  

Thanks Chas!  

The tech said he would be out in 3-4 days, when they were on my side of town.  

Dang, so I wasn't panicking or being paranoid?  I guess there is a first time for everything, Chas, even a HotSpring that leaks!

water_maiden

• Live life with abandon!
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 10:35:47 am »
Lori,
Please keep us posted about what caused the leak and how it is repaired.  
Thanks again for all the good advice that you gave me.  It was very much appreciated.
Kathy

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 10:43:24 am »
Thanks for posting the picture, wmcall!  

Thanks Chas!  

The tech said he would be out in 3-4 days, when they were on my side of town.  

Dang, so I wasn't panicking or being paranoid?  I guess there is a first time for everything, Chas, even a HotSpring that leaks!

Your welcome Lori, I just wanted to help people see what you were dealing with, I get no pleasure trying to berate HS, other than ribbing Chas a bit.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 10:43:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42