What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera martinique vs. Coleman/Elite  (Read 4158 times)

tooth

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caldera martinique vs. Coleman/Elite
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:41:30 pm »
Can't believe my luck.  Went back to one of the dealers I had visited previously and had spoken with the owner. Today talked with a young sales rep who after listening to my desires immediately took me to a 2004 Caldera Martinique that was being cleared off the floor for a substantual discount.  This brought it well within my budget and also showed me an Elite Premium 75  MAAX (Coleman in the US) that was about $700 CDN more but was still below the cost of any other tub I had seen anywhere else.

So tomorrow we will go for a wet test of these 2.  And just when I was beginning to lose hope of finding something decent at an affordable price.  It sure helps to keep looking and to talk with the right person!

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with these two tubs.  Did a search on Caldera on this site and I don't seem to see too much negative being said.  

Hopefully tomorrow will be decision day ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera martinique vs. Coleman/Elite
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:41:30 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Caldera martinique vs. Coleman/Elite
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 10:10:07 am »
Can't believe my luck.  Went back to one of the dealers I had visited previously and had spoken with the owner. Today talked with a young sales rep who after listening to my desires immediately took me to a 2004 Caldera Martinique that was being cleared off the floor for a substantual discount.  This brought it well within my budget and also showed me an Elite Premium 75  MAAX (Coleman in the US)

Uh Uh! Not true Elite is not the same as Coleman. I live in Canada and sell Coleman. Someone else accross town sells Elite. Not the same spa. Both are manufactured by MAAX spas. MAAX has three North American spa plants. They also make the spas that HomeDepot retails in Canada. Where do you live tooth? I am curious if you misunderstood or if the dealer is being deceptive.
Sounds like you are visiting a Pioneer store, am I correct?
Homeworks Financing Representative

riddler

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 12:37:11 pm »
I am a Martinique owner and I can honestly say I cant find any negatives so far.  The wet test is what sold us on our tub. We wet tested about four different manufacturers and found the Caldera jets to be the best ones ,  especially the foot jets. For  the amount of money you will spend I think you will be more than happy with the Martinique. Hope this helps you in your decision !!

tooth

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 05:33:06 pm »
We west tested the Martinique and the Elite today.  Both were good but we all preferred the feel of the Martinique and therefore put down a deposit to hold it as it was the last 2004 they had left and were clearing it out.  I think (based on all the positive feedback that I have had on this forum) that we are making the right decision :)

Now just have to wait for some warmer weather so I can get a concrete pad poured and start enjoying the benefits of spa ownership :D

By the way we did get this from our local Pioneer dealer here in Kingston, Ontario.  Very impressed so far with their very low key, non-pressure approach.  Definately did not feel we were being given the hard sell!

Many thanks for all the useful information that I have learned from this forum.  Keep it up ;D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 07:05:57 pm »
By the way we did get this from our local Pioneer dealer here in Kingston, Ontario.  Very impressed so far with their very low key, non-pressure approach.  Definately did not feel we were being given the hard sell!

I have met the owner. Nice fellow. Big and scary fellow. Dont tell him i said he was scarry :o
Homeworks Financing Representative

tooth

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 08:23:06 pm »
Moe Green from Pioneer Kingston is certainly a legend in town.  He has been in the pool business for a long time from my understanding.  Funny thing is I found one of the younger non-commisioned sales reps there seemed much more knowledgable and very easy going.

It seems like a good dealership that is pleasant to deal with.  I hope so anyway.  Looking forward to the new tubbing experience :D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 11:39:09 am »
Moe Green from Pioneer Kingston

That's not the same Moe Green from The Godfather I hope!! ::)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 11:39:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42