What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Reward 2005 - A good spa?  (Read 7343 times)

Wantaspa

Marquis Reward 2005 - A good spa?
« on: March 01, 2005, 09:56:36 pm »
Hi all!  Great forum. :D

I have been eyeing :o the Marquis Reward 2005 with all of the bells and whistles (sound and remotes etc).

Any thoughts on the 2005 Reward and how it stands up in the hiarchy of spas?  Pro and con opinions welcome.

What would be considered a good deal for a fully loaded 2005 Marquis Reward?  ???

Thanks for your help!   8)

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Reward 2005 - A good spa?
« on: March 01, 2005, 09:56:36 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis Reward 2005 - A good spa?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 10:45:11 pm »
We have sold three of 05 rewards and each person has commented on the comfort of the spa...It really is a nice unit, I might soon have one in my backyard....What part of you country are you in...maybe your local dealer might be a member of this board......

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 03:17:04 am »
Take a good look at Coleman by MAAX.,,,,,

Marquis is a good /solid spa but not at my top of my world.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 06:54:32 am »
Take a good look at Coleman by MAAX.,,,,,

Marquis is a good /solid spa but not at my top of my world.

Because you don't sell them? Or something else?  ???

I have yet to find a spa that will out perform the Reward for comfort, therapy and feature in the same price range.

Spahappy is right, the MAAX products have come a long way and are also nice however I think after doing a side by side comparison you will find more filtration, more jet variety, more inclusive warranty and more sanitation options on the Marquis than most spas.

I have the MAAX Elite on my showroom floor along with several others including Marquis and D1 yet I have a Marquis at home!

Wantaspa

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 01:05:52 pm »
How is the Marquis warranty compared to some of the other top brands?  Is the warranty truely
"transferable" or are there major holes in this feature?  From my limited consumer knowledge, the warranty seems to be pretty good.    

I haven't been able to listen to the Soundsations sound system yet, but I like the idea that you can use your own stereo for the source.  How does it sound and how much extra does the Soundsations generally add to the cost of the spa?

The dealer mentioned an spa monitor option but said that it was new and he didn't know much about it yet, even the cost.  Is this a true wireless system?  Can anyone help with the details of this feature, whether one should invest in this gaget and the approximate cost for the remote monitor?

Thanks again.   :D

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 01:23:28 pm »
How is the Marquis warranty compared to some of the other top brands?

Marquis has less exclusions in their warranty than any product I have dealt with in over 16 years. They have one of the longest "No Plumbing Leak" warranties in the industry in addition many other items. What you need to do is get the warranty complete with exclusions from the website and then set it side by side with any other brand your looking at. Many brands that have something to hide in their warranty will not post it on the website and will not give you a copy of the complete warranty unless you buy the spa. What they will give you is a summary or "Sales" warranty that does not spell out the terms.
Is the warranty truly
 "transferable" or are there major holes in this feature?
Yes it is truly "transferable" and there are no gimmicks or hidden verbiage to worry about.
From my limited consumer knowledge, the warranty seems to be pretty good.

As my tag line below my name states "Common sense is not so common." You obviously have common sense!  
I haven't been able to listen to the Soundsations sound system yet, but I like the idea that you can use your own stereo for the source.  How does it sound and how much extra does the Soundsations generally add to the cost of the spa?

The Soundsations is great! I like the “feel” of the music even more than the sound. What I mean is you don’t have to crank the music up so high that you can’t talk over it because you feel it in the water. It’s pretty cool….Should add between $675 and $1000 depending on whether you get the repeater, remote or any other option.
The dealer mentioned an spa monitor option but said that it was new and he didn't know much about it yet, even the cost.  Is this a true wireless system?  Can anyone help with the details of this feature, whether one should invest in this gaget and the approximate cost for the remote monitor?

Yes it is a true wireless system. I’m amazed at how far away it can be! I have to admit that I’m a sucker for this type of gadget on most things however when my wife said she wanted it I realized that it must have value! :D 8)

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 01:48:08 pm »
Stuart stole my thunder, what he stated is accurate (on all accounts).

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Wantaspa

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 02:32:34 pm »
What is the "repeater" feature on the Soundsations?  I haven't heard of it. ???

Exactly what does the wireless spa monitor do?  Does it just tell you the water tempature and chemical balance from inside the comforts of home?  Any idea on what this option costs?

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 05:01:35 pm »
The repeater is a device that will allow you to control your home stereo with a floating remote wirelessly from the spa.

The wireless moniter will give you the ability to do anything you can do from the topside spa control; turn on the lights, change temp, turn on pumps, ect...

I'm not sure off the top of my head but I belive they are around $300

marquis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 07:16:48 pm »
i love my 05 reward, i like the flow and that features of the tub.

Wantaspa

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 07:45:28 pm »
Thanks, Stuart (and others), for the information.  I appreciate the openness and willingness to help us consumer-types that has been exhibited on this forum.  It has really helped to take some of the uncertainty out of the whole spa buying process.  At times I have felt like the spa buying experience is similar to buying a car, but without the same knowledge of the product or the independent reviews (do I sense a business opportunity for someone?  ;D).

Now for the question of the day: what should I expect to pay for the 2005 Marquis Reward with Soundations, cover, lifter, floating remote, stereo remote, steps, set up and delivery?   ???

I understand that the dealer needs to make a profit, but I don't like this whole process being confused with the "retail selling price is $X, but today the price is $Y".  From what I can tell, the retail price doesn't appear to have a whole lot of correlation to the actual selling price of the spas.

Also, can I expect some type of discount if I pay cash for the spa?   ???

Thanks again

::)

Wantaspa

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 07:48:09 pm »
Marquis,

I just saw your post after I posted my last post.  What features did you get on your spa and what did you pay?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 07:54:40 pm »
You know....I would simply be very up front with your dealer about looking for a fair deal....a cash deal and see what they can do for you...let them know you have been online...comparing prices....I think it is a bit unfair to suggest a price as things can vary and what your areas market is like...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 08:05:07 pm by Mendocino101 »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 08:01:29 pm »
You can get what others have paid but asking any dealer here what you should pay for a brand they sell would be putting us in direct violation of any dealer agreement to answer. Almost every factory has a clause in the dealer agreement that they cannot publish any pricing on the internet.

We can however tell you honestly if your getting a good deal if you let us know what your being quoted.

Wantaspa

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 08:15:16 pm »
Oh, I didn't know that, but it makes sense.  Sorry.   :-[

I have been quoted (with tax) $8,250 for the 2005 Marquis Reward with Soundations, cover, lifter, floating remote, stereo remote, steps, set up and delivery, and a months worth of chemicals.

What do you think?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 01:21:03 am by Wantaspa »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 08:15:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42