What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 14032 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 04:34:05 pm »
Add in increased freight charges, unless the spas get shipped somehow without the use of fossil fuels.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 04:34:05 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 05:01:08 pm »
Imagine what will be happening to the price of spas because of all this. Why should it affect hot tubs?

Acrylic
PVC plumbing
foam insulation
vynil spa cover
foam core in spa cover
plastic wrap to protect foam core

the list goes on and on and on all these items are petrolium derivitives. So the next time your customer asks, "why are these dern thangs so 'spensive?" ......

foam core in spa cover - up almost 40% in the last year
plastic wrap - up 40% to 50% in the last year
the metal reinforcemet for the foam has trippled in the last years
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 02:46:02 pm »
Yeah, and people want to complain at the retail price of a QUALITY custom measured and fitted cover of $425.00 when heck they can buy "the same thing on the inter net for half that!" No offense Doc, but IMHO if you cant see it, touch it, try it or prove it, why would you buy it!

foam core in spa cover - up almost 40% in the last year
plastic wrap - up 40% to 50% in the last year
the metal reinforcemet for the foam has trippled in the last years

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 05:40:00 pm »
"Yeah, and people want to complain at the retail price of a QUALITY custom measured and fitted cover of $425.00 when heck they can buy "the same thing on the inter net for half that!" No offense Doc, but IMHO if you cant see it, touch it, try it or prove it, why would you buy it! "

no offence back at ya Frank..... ummmmmmmm, is your capitolization of the word "quality" suposed to mean something????.....

Actually, $425 isn't bad if youre going out to measure for the cover, and then delivering it (taking away the old cover too?)... all of that is worth at least $100.......

And, $425 is a fair price if you're offering Ideal, Prestige or Sunstar (I have letters of their latest price increases).

But, I think you need to look at the big picture as well. There's a LOT of web sites selling spa covers, and they're not going to go away......... A lot of them ALSO sell a quality product.. and yes, there are some selling junk.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2005, 12:30:44 pm »
Last week it cost me more to fill my Suburban than I spent at the grocery store. Thats never happened :(

Spahappy :D

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2005, 12:41:49 pm »
I drive a Ford F150 4X4 ext. cab. It's a '98, but has only 68,000km on it (bought it new)

First fillup - 44$ ('99)
Last fillup - 74$ (last week)

It's painful considering I've gone back to school and have to commute every day :(

but, I love to go camping where nobody else goes so I can't really get rid of it can I?   8)

Jc
How do you know how much you don't know?

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2005, 01:38:39 pm »
No Doc, my capitolization of quality stems from a customer having come in got my price, bought on the internet, for "1/2" that. Spa broke and customer needed service. Got to the house and lo and behold there is his brand new cover on his spa. I fixed his tub and kept my mouth shut, but what he got for 250 bucks was a 1 1/2" FLAT cover with extreemly thin vinyl, probably 1 or 2 mil. He'll be buying another one in no time at all. Since winter is essentialy over I'm guessing he'll be needing another one very soon. That's what I meant by quality.

"Yeah, and people want to complain at the retail price of a QUALITY custom measured and fitted cover of $425.00 when heck they can buy "the same thing on the inter net for half that!" No offense Doc, but IMHO if you cant see it, touch it, try it or prove it, why would you buy it! "

no offence back at ya Frank..... ummmmmmmm, is your capitolization of the word "quality" suposed to mean something????.....

Actually, $425 isn't bad if youre going out to measure for the cover, and then delivering it (taking away the old cover too?)... all of that is worth at least $100.......

And, $425 is a fair price if you're offering Ideal, Prestige or Sunstar (I have letters of their latest price increases).

But, I think you need to look at the big picture as well. There's a LOT of web sites selling spa covers, and they're not going to go away......... A lot of them ALSO sell a quality product.. and yes, there are some selling junk.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 12:48:24 pm »
Tues. April 12 2005

NEW YORK - Crude oil futures plunged almost $2 US a barrel to its lowest close in six weeks Tuesday after an international agency forecast that the world's demand for oil is finally showing signs of slowing down.

Crude futures for May delivery dropped immediately and closed in New York at $51.86 US a barrel, down $1.85. Oil hasn't been that low since March 1.

Crude futures topped out at $58.28 US a barrel on April 4 but have been sliding since as U.S. inventories grew and traders took profits on expectations that prices would ease further.

So, that would represent about a 7dollar/barrel drop -yet still no sign of change at the pump.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 05:56:41 pm by JcDenton »
How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 12:48:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42