What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Not having a good morning...  (Read 7172 times)

anne

Not having a good morning...
« on: May 22, 2006, 03:18:47 pm »
Just have to share....

So I had a really long weekend- dance performances, late night tear down and cast party, parents visiting, then was at work really late with lots of emergencies last night, and just wanted to have a soak and go to bed. By the time I got home it was 3:30, so I just stumbled to bed, no tub. Woke up to the phone at 8am, and realized that the whole house smelled like doggie doo doo. There was diarrhea all over the living room rug. My poor 75 lb dog ate some canned food this weekend that he is not accustomed to, thanks to a dog I am babysitting, and I think it put him over the edge. So I spent 3 hours cleaning dog $hit, airing out the house, and probably still have to rent a steam cleaner. Finally, I was done, and headed out to the tub for the soak I was waiting for since yesterday evening, only to find that the temp was set at 96F! My lovely mother got in the tub yesterday and she must have been pushing buttons- she mentioned not being sure that she "left everything right" when playing with the jets/bubbler/etc. I'm loving my day off. :P
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

Not having a good morning...
« on: May 22, 2006, 03:18:47 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Not having a good morning...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 03:25:44 pm »
Anne, my husband has been known to change things in the tub by pushing buttons that he shouldn't have...I bet you have a lock out function on your tub. That is what I did. Maybe you would only have to do that if you were expecting visitors. I think a similar thing happened to Drewstar once too and he also started to use the lock feature!  Good luck with your doggy stuff...hope your puppy feels better ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 03:52:29 pm »
There are those rare days when going to work is paradise compared to what we're dealing with at home.
Massive doggy doo on the carpet would certainly be one of those!

But some day, and that day may never come, you'll look back on it all and laugh.
Or not.

Brewman

anne

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 06:13:07 pm »
I'm already laughing! ;D What else can you do?  ::) I spoke briefly this morning with one of my coworkers, told her about the diarrhea, and her response was, "oh, poor Jack!" Sadly, I had not thought about it from my dog's perspective, and how HE might feel being the one with diarrhea. Bad doctor! Bad! So now I'm laughing at myself, and giving the pooch a little extra TLC.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 08:08:50 pm »
I'm already laughing! ;D What else can you do?  ::) I spoke briefly this morning with one of my coworkers, told her about the diarrhea, and her response was, "oh, poor Jack!" Sadly, I had not thought about it from my dog's perspective, and how HE might feel being the one with diarrhea. Bad doctor! Bad! So now I'm laughing at myself, and giving the pooch a little extra TLC.

Maybe your dog would like a soak too! He'll feel much better!! ;)

My dog which is part Labador hates the water ... I find this quite odd since all Lab owners tell me their dogs won't come out of the water.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 02:09:03 pm »
Maybe it's the non labrador that gives the anit water attitude.  Any idea of what the rest of him is?

Brewman

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:42:26 pm »
We really don't know for sure. The place where we got her originally thought she might be part Burmese Mountain Dog (she was real fluffy as a pup). But somehow we have determined she is either Cocker Spaniel (long curly hair around her ears) or Border Collie (she tend to "stalk" as she walks the way Border Collies do). She's about as tall as either one and weighs about 35 lbs. We are leaning more towards Border Collie because of her markings and the way she walks, I believe they love the water too.

I guess it's better this way as we don't have to deal with a wet long haired dog! The most important thing that I am greatful for is her wonderful personality - she truely is great with my sons; nothing mean has ever come out.

anne

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 07:58:36 pm »
She's probably not part Burmese Mtn Dog at 35#, since they tend to be well over 100. But anything mixed with lab that has curly hair around the ears has got to be cute!!

Dont worry- my "lab mix" hates to swim too. ::)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 09:06:27 pm »
The place where I got her looked into her mouth to look at the size of her teeth as a pup. They determined then she wasn't going to be a real big dog - I thought it was the size of their paws ... what do I know!

I'm glad to hear that your lab mix doesn't like water either, at least I don't have to take my dog to therapy - LOL!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 09:35:47 pm »
Based on my sister's Border Collie...she is not Border Collie either, Vinny...My sister's dog, Buddy, is a spaz and loves to swim.  When he was only a pup, he took off into the water at our beach house (it is a on a river)...we yelled but Buddy had his own agenda...He successfully herded a flock of Canada Geese ON THE WATER!  I know they use Border Collies to chase geese off airline runways and golf courses but..I didn't think they knew instinctively to herd geese!..in the water, no less!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 09:10:51 am »
I heard that a lot of dogs that are "water lovers" don't like to go into chlorinated water for some reason.  Apparently not all though, as I have seen lots of dogs swimming in pools!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 09:54:56 am »
The lock features are great when you are away and you think family and friends might use the tub. My brother set my tub for summer mode lat Feburary when I was away.  :P

I had a simmiliar day last week Anne, one of my cats must had eaten a bad bird or something.  the cat was tossing up it's cookies everywhere.    :P
07 Caldera Geneva

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 04:52:13 pm »
Anne...OMG, that is funny but not funny!

Many years ago when we were living in a townhouse apt and our daughter was 3 years old, we had a cocker spaniel named Taffy.   At night we would put him in the downstair half bath.  We awoke to hear laughter and went downstairs to find our daughter.  She had let Taffy out and he pooped in several places.  She had riden her tricycle thru the poop and it was all over her tires.  She was riding her tricycle in circles in the living room with Taffey chasing her.  There were poop tracks everywhere!  What a mess!

Taffy had pooped because somehow he had opened a bottle of vitamin C in the bathroom and ate the entire bottle which gave him diarrhea.  I feel your pain!

2005 Marquis Epic

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 06:25:01 pm »
Just curious, Anne, was 96 too hot or too cold?  ???
'06 Majesta

In Canada eh

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 11:27:44 pm »
Stemay said that alot of "water dogs" don't like chlorinated water.  This reminded me of the black lab we had when I was a kid. The dog slept a the foot of my bed and during the summer he woud wake me up crying and woofing at all hours of the night.  So I figured he had to go so take him downstairs and open the back door to let him out. All you would hear was trot trot trot splash!

OK dog your not getting back on the bed now!!!

My parents actually taught him to get out of the pool at the ladder  so not to tear the vinyl liner

He was a great dog that live a fantastic life 18 years
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 11:27:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42